Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 205 Member
    Options

@rwillems
    Good to hear you are recovering. What goals did you come up with for the month/year?

Yes, thanks for asking! Getting better every day --- pretty much feels like a bad chest cold at this point. Small set back as I slipped in the shower the other morning. Didn't fall but n8cely wrenched my back. Grrr! Clumsy.

I am still working up my goals but basically it comes down to three 5 items:

1. improved Sleep. I am lucky to get 4.5-5 hours of sleep each night? This leads to 2 isues. First I am always tired and second my main activity late at night is snacking. Simple, go to bed early, wake up refreshed and skip the 500 to 1,000 calaries eaten between 19PM.and 2AM.

2. Nutrician. Eliminated added salt and sugar in my diet. I did this early last year. My BP dropped from 130/80 range to 115/70 range.

3. Excercise. My main form of excercise has been walking (steps). Two problems with this; first I would like to add some strength/balance/stretching into my routine, and second I do a lot of my walking during those late night sessions I am trying to eliminate (see #1). Still working on this.

4. Tracking. Need to be more dedicated to food and excercise tracking. This has proven to be successful in helping me to lose weight in the past. How to stay motivated is the problem.

5. Lifestyle. I do not want my life revolving around my next meal, my next excercise session, my cal count, my step count, etc. In other words, I dont want my life dominated by losing 10 pounds. It is important but not all there is. Hard to figure this one out but I am working on it.

Well that is where I am at with my goals for the year. I just need some things to figure out and flesh out the details. Like I said, I do want to just make some vague plans but rather give myself some true goals to achieve. I have all year! 🙃 👍🏻

Sorry for such a long winded answer.
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Weigh In: Wednesday

PW: 199.0
    CW: 199.0

Didn't lose or gain...I have 3 months until my doctor appointment and my neurologist appointment. I want to lose more weight so I'm going to be focused on losing at least 10 pounds...more will be great too 🤣🤣
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Went to yoga tonight and it was great. Except I have been having this pain that is really bothering me. I've googled it and I think it might be piriformis syndrome but I don't know. I'm going to call a physical therapist tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment or find out if I need a referral. Whenever I tell my regular doc about things like this I just get a shrug and "you are over 40 now" - so frustrating. Worried I am going to injure myself more if I don't figure this out.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Went to yoga tonight and it was great. Except I have been having this pain that is really bothering me. I've googled it and I think it might be piriformis syndrome but I don't know. I'm going to call a physical therapist tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment or find out if I need a referral. Whenever I tell my regular doc about things like this I just get a shrug and "you are over 40 now" - so frustrating. Worried I am going to injure myself more if I don't figure this out.

I hope you get things figured out ...Good luck :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Username: MissGYST
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    12/30/22: 222.6
    1/4/23: 222.8

Ugh my first week up but still... made it through December without a gain so I'm ok with that!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    PW 249.8
    CW 250
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am feeling pretty good this week. I have worked out 4 times this week. My nutrition is going well. I was having some depression over Christmas, but eating better has really helped my mood .
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,499 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    First 5km race announced for April.2nd!!

This is amazing!

Good morning all!

rorojones95
    PW: 205.4
    CW: 204

I had minor surgery yesterday and since I couldn’t eat anything before hand I was starving! We had a distance to go to get home and stopped for donuts. I know it was a bad choice but it was quick. I still logged in but must say it was painful logging in the donuts! I’m back on track today!!!!! Have a great week!

Nice loss! The thing about bad choices or days we can turn it around at the next meal. No matter how painful it was it is great you logged the donuts.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »

@rwillems
    Good to hear you are recovering. What goals did you come up with for the month/year?

Yes, thanks for asking! Getting better every day --- pretty much feels like a bad chest cold at this point. Small set back as I slipped in the shower the other morning. Didn't fall but n8cely wrenched my back. Grrr! Clumsy.

I am still working up my goals but basically it comes down to three 5 items:

1. improved Sleep. I am lucky to get 4.5-5 hours of sleep each night? This leads to 2 isues. First I am always tired and second my main activity late at night is snacking. Simple, go to bed early, wake up refreshed and skip the 500 to 1,000 calaries eaten between 19PM.and 2AM.

2. Nutrician. Eliminated added salt and sugar in my diet. I did this early last year. My BP dropped from 130/80 range to 115/70 range.

3. Excercise. My main form of excercise has been walking (steps). Two problems with this; first I would like to add some strength/balance/stretching into my routine, and second I do a lot of my walking during those late night sessions I am trying to eliminate (see #1). Still working on this.

4. Tracking. Need to be more dedicated to food and excercise tracking. This has proven to be successful in helping me to lose weight in the past. How to stay motivated is the problem.

5. Lifestyle. I do not want my life revolving around my next meal, my next excercise session, my cal count, my step count, etc. In other words, I dont want my life dominated by losing 10 pounds. It is important but not all there is. Hard to figure this one out but I am working on it.

Well that is where I am at with my goals for the year. I just need some things to figure out and flesh out the details. Like I said, I do want to just make some vague plans but rather give myself some true goals to achieve. I have all year! 🙃 👍🏻

I get you on the lifestyle goal. It is hard finding that balance. These are some great goals you have come up with.

Sorry for such a long winded answer.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh In: Wednesday

PW: 199.0
    CW: 199.0

Didn't lose or gain...I have 3 months until my doctor appointment and my neurologist appointment. I want to lose more weight so I'm going to be focused on losing at least 10 pounds...more will be great too 🤣🤣

I know you can do it.

Jpedno wrote: »

This sounds painful. I hope physical therapy can help.
    missGYST wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Username: MissGYST
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Start Weight: 237.6
    12/30/22: 222.6
    1/4/23: 222.8

Ugh my first week up but still... made it through December without a gain so I'm ok with that!

It’s a tiny gain and you did well having so many weeks in the green.

Tessita_07 wrote: »
    I am feeling pretty good this week. I have worked out 4 times this week. My nutrition is going well. I was having some depression over Christmas, but eating better has really helped my mood .

My doctor tells me exercise is a great way to lift your mood.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,801
    Sleep:✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️

Good morning! I am running behind again this morning. I am off to the pool in a few minutes.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW 232
    CW 231

Been lifting again. Still riding my bike. Got 170 miles to cover this month.
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Happy 2023 everyone and a warm welcome to our new members @rorojones95 , @WSOX37 , @comingback2life , @docbeauty1, @RunsOnCoffee_,@Tessita_07 and @LMK02020

I m Lis, 59 from the UK but been living in Spain for 20 years. I'm retired and travel in my rv for 8 or 9 months of the year. Its my happy weight loss place! I've lost 90lb in the last 18 months with the help of this group.
    I've gained a bit back over Xmas.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    In August 21 I'd reached 276lb and couldn't walk or swim due to a knee injury ... it was lose weight or give up!

4. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Icecream and crisps .... I just don't buy them!

5. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I'm on a low carb diet and I also use intermittent fasting

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    Walking and swimming

7. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    My target is 175lb ... and I'm going to get there before my 60th birthday in April!

8. What do you expect to gain from the team?
    This team provides so much support! I'm trying to pay it back as team motivator

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    You can do it! Whatever you need from the group, just ask!

Lis that sounds like a great way to spend your retirement. You've done amazing with your weight loss x
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    So far so good this week.
    Logged every bite every day ✔️
    Walked at least 30mins everyday since Sunday ✔️
    Brought lunch every day ✔️

Today I worked late and hubby got Chinese food & some for me. Instead I stopped at grocery store on the way home and got some stuff to make an amazing salad! Normally I would’ve just eaten the Chinese. I’ve tried losing again and again over the last few years but this week seemed different. I definitely feel more motivated and all in! Hopping I stick with it this time
    My kids (11& will be 13 tomorrow! 😩🥰) are even waking with me each night & the pup is getting his exercise too!

Glad to be apart of this group! I’m working on
    being more active here… but I’m more of a lurker 👀
  • Jesi1011
    Jesi1011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Am I in the correct group? I weigh in if Fridays but maybe im in the wrong thread?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,277 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Jesi1011 wrote: »

You are in the correct group ...You are on the spreadsheet so just weigh in tomorrow ....Maybe Linda our captain just missed you

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 774 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Slimmersixties Friday weigh in

Pw 192.4
    Cw 191.8

10lb went on so fast and it's coming off so slow! Living at home instead of in the rv means too many temptations. Can't wait till 31st January, back to the rv and 2 months travelling Morocco! Goal Weight here I come!!
  • Running4Bipolar
    Running4Bipolar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Weigh in Friday
    SW: 237.8lbs
    CW: 234.4lbs

On the spread sheet is says 230lbs for some reason for starting weight. But it’s okay.
This discussion has been closed.