Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin Way to go in the cycling class! Will you try it again? I love that you got outside your comfort zone and tried something new. Figures you slept deep but definitely weird dreams. I took Psychology of Dreaming in college and think it's fascinating hearing people's dreams.

@AmbersWay I agree, yay to moving on, we'll never be who we were before but we're the best we can be right now!

@trooworld love all the recipes, I think most of my recipes on my laptop are from you and this group! I sacved the honey maple carrots, yum! So glad you're doing well, those are awesome water totals!

@micaroo4 I hope your cable problems are over and you aren't charged, I don't think you will be if it's on their side.

@lrjogger1 Veggies are great in the air fryer, I hope you try it!

@shaunarlr83 Great working out today! How old are your nieces? It does sound complicated, I hope you come to the right decision. I'd joined narcissism groups and they were all recommending Maids to each other which is why I watched it after I'd broken up with my ex-boyfriend but he was dragging his feet on moving. I'm so glad you're out of there and doing so well! I love your recaps of each month, you've come a long way!

@megnolia82 Good luck getting everything done, I love AFTER I do it all and it looks good but will miss the decorations. I was going to wait until I finished my last Christmas book but it's almost done, it always looks so empty after their gone. Congrats on the new couch!

@FushiaKat Oh your tea sounds awesome, what brand is it? You're doing so well Kat! Hey I have a question for you as I know you have a lot of cats. I have Jasper scheduled for a vet visit about this but remember you have 7 cats, have you had issues with dominance amongst them? He's started acting out ever since I took his brother alone for a nail trim and it hasn't stopped though is a little better with Feliway diffusers. I want to get him in before Asher decides to avoid him which is starting.

@DrewsAnna Hi there, I hope you and your husband are both feeling better soon, take care.

Hi team! Not much to report, I drank my coffee and went back to bed for a bit then did my workout and some errands. I was hoping to take the Valentine's boxes to businesses but it was raining too hard and I didn't want them to get wet. Made Jasper's vet appointment for next week as he's been acting out so I need to rule out anything physical though I'm pretty sure it's anxiety. Hopefully they'll have ideas to help, I'm not sure what to do with him right now. Another storm is coming through, I only woke up a few times last night and the power had been out but not while I was up which is nice. I get my hands in the dirt tomorrow, we're starting the food bank farm seeds at the greenhouse at the high school and I can't wait! Bet I have trouble sleeping tonight! I'm bringing basil seeds I collected last year. Have some work to do and cleaning, Bill is coming tomorrow night after work unless we find out the storm will affect him being able to come. In the middle of that I'll drop boxes off at businesses. Have a great Friday everyone!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

It was technically after midnight but I did my 5 squats, push-ups and crunches for Jan 5.

Eating was not bad today. I didn’t eat anything after supper which is a big win. I’ve done well on that all week, which is honestly half my battle when it comes to over eating!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,085 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Just about to start my morning workout. Rich has decided to workout in the afternoons, so I guess we won't be working out together as I had hoped.

Yesterday was a great on-plan day.

Today it's supposed to snow, but it hasn't started yet. I'm hoping it will hold off long enough for me to get to the grocery store at 7:00am.

@megnolia82 - great job on your squats, pushups and crunches!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Quick pop in: I've been keeping up with all the posts, but no time for my own.

I forget who asked about how I do step- C Dorner fitness on You tube. Love it! Started with Jenny Ford, but got bored with her after awhile.

I'm not happy with my weight this week. I have to stop this from happening again and again!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 173.5
    CW: 174.6

+1.1
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin That sounds like an annoying dream lol. I hope tonight's are better!

@micaroo4 I'm glad your cable is working again.

@lrjogger1 I love making veggies in the air fryer! The Cheesy Roasted Broccoli & Garlic recipe uses a bag of frozen broccoli and the air fryer, it is an easy way to have a side dish.

@shaunarlr83 Yes, I've been doing pretty well! What do you do for your sweet cravings? Great morning routine you have there. It sounds like you were very active. That's a tough situation with your nieces. Good luck with your decision. I've not seen Maid but it's on my list. I'm glad you watched it the first time so you could see what you are in, I know sometimes when we are IN something, we don't see it for what it is.

@FushiaKat The cookies sound enjoyable. Congrats on finishing your Christmas contest room!

@DrewsAnna Oh no! I'm so sorry you caught his bug. I hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 LOL! You know I've got your back! I love the honey maple carrots recipe, so good. Poor Jasper! I hope the vet can figure it out. Enjoy your time with Bill. I hope the storm doesn't affect hi coming.

@davidji82 Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss! Happy New Year!

@Cornanda I think we both have that problem of cycling our weights up and down. I don't know what the solution is but I hope we can figure it out!

Hi all. Happy Friday! Anyone got any good plans this weekend? I surely don't. I did pretty well yesterday. All 3 meals were healthy but I did get into some cheese and crackers in the afternoon that wasn't worth it. I lost 1.6 lbs this week, I'm happy about that.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I tracked my food and all 3 meals were healthy.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • megnolia82
    Options
    good morning everyone.

Nothing much to post. I hope you all have a great day today!
    My goal for today is to make a choice other than food when I feel stress or worry or frustration.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day- Thursday
    PW: 136.6
    CW: 136.2
    My cold/flu/allergy whatever I had for the last 2 weeks, is clearing out during daytime, so I’m waiting for the night coughing to go away and catch a normal sleep (preM type of normal, but let’s not be picky now).
    Boring intro- Gabi, 51yo, married half of that, 2 kids, desk job somewhere in Northern Virginia, in this group for 1.5y, and love it.
    Sporadic sharer of unrelated topics, see samples below 😂.

A neighbor is out of town for the week and I’m watching her dog- big, pretty and a very fast walker. Like really fast, and likes to tug a little. 4 days of 1h+ long walks, and I like power walking, who knew? Not sure if I can do this long term on my own (especially not in this summers) but it’s an idea worth exploring.

In life things can’t be all good and I got my dose of kick in the pants yesterday with a big car scare, a mechanic bill and complete lack of sleep last night. It could have been so much worse and I’m really glad it’s over and can now move forward.

Welcome new teammates, good luck and make this year the best ever!
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 165
    CW: 164.4

Hello everyone.happy new year.i know it is a little late to wish after 6 days :D .i had been pretty busy this week and glad everyone is doing great in their fitness journey.wishing that the new year will bring joy, love, peace, and happiness to you and your family.may all of us reach our fitness goals this year.
    My starting weight is 165 and my plan for the year to lose 1 lb each week .my goal for the end of the year to reach at 120lbs.i will try to cut at least 300 calories each day and do 30 minutes running at fast pace.
    everyone here inspires me a lot and i have learned many new concepts here .i dont catch up most of your conversations due to lack of time but i feel very motivated how you all do your best in all situation whether it is a medical condition or any other stressful event.
    So ,for the first week of january all was good till tuesday.then everything messed up.the weather condition worsen,stressful events occured,i got distracted,couldn't control my anger,hurted the people i love,ate a lot,no exercise on thursday,try to get on track today but got not much success.it irritate me how i keep on repeating the same mistakes.well,i will try my best for the upcoming week.i believe not just january 1 ,each day is the new beginning.
    As for no zero days-it was a part of my life from many years even though i did not know about this concept.I reflect on my day between 8-9p.m.and do whatever is left before i sleep.Even if i am tired i can do small efforts like simple walk or exercise,learn something new or help my family .
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    mlcdyz2irgac.jpg
    Woot still below 140. It's been raining and it's too muddy to do yard work. I'm still averaging a few more steps and eating radishes when I get hungry before it's time to eat. I went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned today. I need to start packing up our tree, it's time.
    I'm inspired by so many of you.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Yesterday was a bit of a fail bc I gave up on moderation and ate whatever I wanted... which was a lot. But I still went to the gym yesterday morning, closed all 3 rings on my fitness watch, and today is a new day. Didn't weigh myself this morning bc sometimes it's good not to know. My net average for the week, if accurate, is still on track for loss. Normal (for me) dreams last night, lol.
    My goal is to be in the green (here) every week this month. And get a perfect move month achievement on my watch - 400 active calories a day, every day.
    I started coloring in my year chart to track workouts:
    Red - gym
    Orange - workout class at gym
    Blue - home
    Green - outdoor
    Yellow - special/combo day
    I don't get to color in the day if I don't do some sort of measurable workout. I probably won't have any green spaces until April because I loathe the cold.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 238
    CW: 237
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Just a quick update. I’ll catch up tomorrow.

No Zero days

Thursday

I did 15k+ steps. Wohoo!
    Got my water in
    Did a bunch of house organizing

Friday

16k+ steps so woooohooooo
    Got my water in
    Helped my daughter clean out all her drawers. Lots to donation! Yay

Tonight I was able to surprise a group of my friends by having a game night/potluck and halfway through, our friend who moved back to the U. S. (We’re all expats, so our friends come and go) years ago, popped through the door. Talk about fireworks. We’ve all been a group for over 20 years. It’s such a great feeling.

I did my best to keep to my plan. My calories went over but not drastically. I hope all the exercise of prepping helps.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,624 Member
    Options
    @megnolia Great job on the exercises! I like that it's easy to remember as it's the date too.

@micaroo4 I hope you were able to get to the store before the snow. Hope you had a great workout!

@davidji82 Happy New Year!

@Cornanda I don't think I've done C Dorner workouts before, I'll check out the channel. I don't have a step but used to do all the walking ones.

@trooworld Happy Friday! You did great this week, way to go! I hope the cheese and crackers don't effect it. As for my weekend Bill and I will take the cats to Petco for nail trimmings (Jasper doesn't need it but since he has behavioral issues from being away from Asher I have to take him too). A friend just saw the new Whitney Houston movie and I have a gift card to the movies so I may take Bill. Aside of those things nothing is really planned.

@GabiV125 I'm glad you're feeling better! The dog you're watching sounds like a hardcore walker, hope you can keep up! I'm sorry to hear about the car scare.

@FtoFit Happy New Year! I'm glad you aren't looking at it like you can only start on January 1, I agree each day is a new beginning. It sounds like you keep trying which isn't easy.

@FushiaKat Woohoo, And lower than before, I'm so happy for you!

@happysquidmuffin I'm glad you still got your workout done and closed your rings, way to go! So is a perfect move achievement getting all your rings each day? I hope you're able to get it!

@AmbersWay Sounds like you did great at the potluck, I'm glad you had fun!

Hi everyone! I started about 10 flats of seeds this morning (28 cells and 72) so the food bank farm has seedlings on the way! I got the Valentine boxes dropped off too. I worked in the yard for a bit pulling up dead plants and saving seeds and finished work for the day so now I'm just waiting for Bill to get here. I really need a nap, I caught the nightmare bug last night and slept bad and had an awful dream. I'm going to start doing a new recipe per week with a friend and have to think about what I'm going to make. Have a great weekend team!

No Zero Days- Food bank farm 4 hours and gardening for about 2 and food is exactly where it should be
  • megnolia82
    Options
    Hello!

Jan 6th I go in my 6 reps of everything plus some stretching. No bingeing today but didn’t eat my best.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

I took some daytime cold/flu medicine today and felt alright for awhile. Now, my throat is on fire again so, I'm going to lay back down here in a few. I put my fitbit back on and my hope is tomorrow I will feel good enough to start getting some steps in. Getting sick is a huge set back because I was just finally getting my butt back on track. Ok, I'll see what tomorrow brings.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,085 Member
    Options
    micaroo4
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW: 131.8
    CW: 130.8
This discussion has been closed.