Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 ...I use to live in Northern Cali but now I live in Central Cali ...We need the rain since we have been in a drought for many years ...but I can do without the heavy wind and thunder and lightning
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,939 Member
    edited January 2023
    Saturday January 7th

inshapeCK
    Previous Weight: 158.2 pounds
    Current Weight: 157.9 pounds

Lost 0.3 lbs since last week.
    Down 12.2 pounds from my highest ever weight (June 1st, 2016).

VERY thankful for this loss as I had a brutal week when it came to health concerns so since my last weigh in the previous Saturday I spent a lot of time in bed and on the couch and sitting in a chair on the computer so only able to get 3 walks done during the course of 7 days and was very inactive even inside the house due to my health problems. Although I didn't always make healthy choices this week, I did make some good choices and I am glad I didn't totally binge eat junkfood or take out food all week as it would have been very easy to since I didn't feel like cooking and since all the health issues are making me feel down and discouraged.

@lindamtuck2018 Just incase you didn't notice, I sent you a PM on Tuesday.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    First things first - the reason I’m finally doing this… my username was MissGyst and I just changed it so I want you all to know who I am! :) Old username stood for "get your s**t together" and I feel like I’m not the mess I once was, so I’m now using a nickname I've had since I was little. I’m from New York - born/raised on Long Island, 12 years in Bklyn, and live in Queens now. No kids for me, but I have a gaggle of niblings and great-nephews that are the greatest gift to me. The joy of loving and raising all of these awesome kids without having to pay for them? Sold! Lol Hobbies - I am a huge hockey fan (NYI), I like ice skating and skiing, and anything at the beach that's not fishing.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I feel like I’ve never not been on a quest to lose weight, but I’m back to the Downsizers after a hiatus because I’m almost 50 and I’ve never been happy in the skin I’m in. I think I owe it to myself to really push and make the sacrifices to get there.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    My biggest trigger is being too hard on myself when I fail (at anything) and it leads to binging and/or drinking too often/much. I’ve been able to calm that a lot with weekly therapy and medication. Also exercising - once I got past the misery I actually found the dopamine!

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I count calories and keep my macros as close to 45% protein, 30% fat, 25% carbs as I can. I'm on a medication that requires me to eat a lot of protein.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    I love to dance, I really enjoy walking when the weather allows, and I just found the FitOn app which has a bunch of free classes. I also bought one of those TikTok weighted hula hoops and it’s so much fun! I use it between periods when I’m watching hockey (or during the game if Leah Hextall is calling it).

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    My goals for the month are to consistently log food. My goal for the year is to get into my healthy weight range.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    I’ve always gotten so much encouragement and great advice from this team that all I hope is for that to continue!

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    Come back, even if you missed a weigh-in, even if you missed a month, even if you gained. Being a part of a team and keeping yourself accountable for what is going on with your health will push your progress that extra mile you really need sometimes!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,474 Member
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    Saturday January 7th

inshapeCK
    Previous Weight: 158.2 pounds
    Current Weight: 157.9 pounds

Lost 0.3 lbs since last week.
    Down 12.2 pounds from my highest ever weight (June 1st, 2016).

VERY thankful for this loss as I had a brutal week when it came to health concerns so since my last weigh in the previous Saturday I spent a lot of time in bed and on the couch and sitting in a chair on the computer so only able to get 3 walks done during the course of 7 days and was very inactive even inside the house due to my health problems. Although I didn't always make healthy choices this week, I did make some good choices and I am glad I didn't totally binge eat junkfood or take out food all week as it would have been very easy to since I didn't feel like cooking and since all the health issues are making me feel down and discouraged.

@lindamtuck2018 Just incase you didn't notice, I sent you a PM on Tuesday.

Great job for a week that you weren’t feeling good. I hope you do feel better this week. Dealing with health issues and losing weight is not easy. I did not get your pm. We have to be friends in order to send a private message. I sent you a friend request.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps for the year so far - I'll update on Sunday night or Monday morning.

Sunday 12/1: 5,423
    Monday 12/2: 9,003
    Tuesday 12/3: 8,496
    Wednesday 12/4: 4,627
    Thursday 12/5: 7,989
    Friday 12/6: 8,086
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    The January Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin Sunday, Jan 8th. Hope you will join us for the Live and Learn Challenge, designed to get you active and share some knowledge with others...Live and Learn! Look forward to seeing your posts each day. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10881472/january-week-2-group-challenge-live-and-learn#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    leeniekat wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 my steps for the year so far - I'll update on Sunday night or Monday morning.

Sunday 12/1: 5,423
    Monday 12/2: 9,003
    Tuesday 12/3: 8,496
    Wednesday 12/4: 4,627
    Thursday 12/5: 7,989
    Friday 12/6: 8,086

Can we start for January? ... I have already posted the results and grand finale for December .... I need 1/1 - 1/7 thanks :)
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,939 Member

Great job for a week that you weren’t feeling good. I hope you do feel better this week. Dealing with health issues and losing weight is not easy. I did not get your pm. We have to be friends in order to send a private message. I sent you a friend request.

@lindamtuck2018

Thanks. If I hadn't had a weigh in to post I might not have done so well. Accountability and challenges do help me be more successful. I also hope I am healed of my many health concerns soon. They are a challenge physically, emotionally, and mentally. I did manage to get a long walk outside today, although the person I walked with walked too fast for me for my current condition even though I told them ahead of time that I could only go for a slow stroll. Happy for the fresh air and exercise though and the pain was manageable.

Not sure why you didn't receive my email via MFP private messages. I have emailed people before when we are not MFP friends. I accepted your friend request and resent the email and will check to see if it shows up as read by you now that we're MFP friends.

• LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    LMK02020:

Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:127.5
    CW: 127.3
    GW: 120.0
  • LMK02020
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 ,
    I am interested in the step challenge. Just curious if we can track miles instead of steps ? Thank you 😊.
  • LMK02020
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 , My daily step goal is 14,256 or 5 miles for Fitbit,
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 172 Member
    Belated Friday check-in
    PW: 323
    CW: 325

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening. First weekend of the year is half over. Only 51 more chances for you to enjoy it.
    Check in for 1/7:
    Steps - 13531. Nice palindrome.
    Calories - 2450
    Exercise - walked for 1 hr 26 min.

Slowly getting the apartment back to normal. Felt good to have everyone in their own bed again. Have the big bed in a bag but am using it until wednesday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 ,
    I am interested in the step challenge. Just curious if we can track miles instead of steps ? Thank you 😊.

I will get you added ... Happy to have you join ... We track steps each week ... I do have a converter chart so I can convert most exercises into steps :) Do you have steps for 1/1 -1/7 or do you want to start today which is January week 2 which runs from 1/8 - 1/14
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 2023
    ia01bchytwpo.png

Here is my Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need ... Please have them in no later than Tuesday Evening 1/10...so that I can post the results Wednesday morning ...Thank you for your cooperation :)

@Morethanjustanumber 1/1 - 1/7
    @mari_moulin 1/1 - 1/7
    @IP2021 1/1 - 1/7
    @aneedlecraft 1/1 - 1/7
    @Jpedno 1/3 - 1/7
    @red1185 1/1 - 1/7
    @Bluetal6 1/1 - 1/7
    @rwillems 1/1 - 1/7
    @MSWarrior7088 1/2 - 1/7

• lindamtuck2018
    inshapeCK wrote: »

@lindamtuck2018

Thanks. If I hadn't had a weigh in to post I might not have done so well. Accountability and challenges do help me be more successful. I also hope I am healed of my many health concerns soon. They are a challenge physically, emotionally, and mentally. I did manage to get a long walk outside today, although the person I walked with walked too fast for me for my current condition even though I told them ahead of time that I could only go for a slow stroll. Happy for the fresh air and exercise though and the pain was manageable.

Not sure why you didn't receive my email via MFP private messages. I have emailed people before when we are not MFP friends. I accepted your friend request and resent the email and will check to see if it shows up as read by you now that we're MFP friends.

The messages when not friends hasn’t worked for awhile. Not sure why. Great job on the long walk. Is walking your preferred way of exercise?

LMK02020 wrote: »
    LMK02020:

Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW:127.5
    CW: 127.3
    GW: 120.0

Nice loss!
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    11 months ago my blood pressure was 148/101

I checked it today and it was 111/73!

It’s so nice when our weight loss pays off in measurable health benefits.

• lindamtuck2018
    edited January 2023
    Steps: 3,875
    Sleep:✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️✔️❌✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️✔️✔️

Not a bad week overall for meeting goals. I am going to turn the food logging into all ✔️ this coming week. My biggest struggle this coming week will be a potluck on Tuesday and eating out on Wednesday. Not sure what the plan is for exercise today. I might go down and ride the exercise bike. I am going to look at the weights in the exercise room today to see if there is any leg strengthening I can do without hurting my back. I slept in this morning so whatever I do will be after lunch.

Have a great Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.