Replies

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 139.4
    CW: 138.4

@shaunarlr83 I have faith in you, you will reach your goal weight when you are ready to do so. I lost 70lbs in a year 20lbs before that and the rest a few months later. I had set my date for August 2022, but I had to change it to year end of 2022 because the closer you get the slower the losses. Lol nobody explained that part very well.

It's really raining hard here today; I would love to get out and do some yardwork, but it will have to wait.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Thank you! You seriously got a lot done, how did the crack chicken come out? I've been wanting to try that! How did your nieces and nephew like the workout? Hot bubble bath sounds like the perfect end of the day!

@megnolia82 Oh no I'm sorry to hear your GI system is involved too, hope you're better soon! Way to go on keeping up with your workout challenge! I hope the labwork goes well. Oh the Y has some good gyms, I've gone as a guest in Washington and that gym was awesome! Hope you're feeling better soon so you can get in there.

@DrewsAnna Glad you're feeling better! Glad you're back! It feels good though empty getting the Christmas decorations put away but I keep coming across something I forgot.

@micaroo4 Oh no, I hope your back is feeling better soon. There's definitely a difference between tightness and having a flare up, the latter you're being smart to listen to just in case.

@ljogger1 Nice loss!

@trooworld Hope that migraine goes away, yuck! That's a serious weight session, way to go on knocking it out last night!

@Becoming_A_Butterfy Sounds like a very busy day, have fun visiting your stepdaughter! Wednesday workout coming up tomorrow for you!

@tammymccrady6278 Great to see you back! Your goals sound doable, you got this! I don't know if you'd want to do this but when I started eating healthier I used to ONLY pretty much drink Diet Pepsi, I grew up on diet soda and love it. I used Crystal Light as a stepping stone in between and managed to switch to that then started making strong iced teas that are usually herbal (right now I'm making Raspberry Zinger in the Instant Pot with a cinnamon stick and a ginger chunk then I'll unplug it and let it sit until tomorrow so it's real strong). I have a feeling I told you this before, if I did I'm sorry for repeating myself! I'll have a Diet Pepsi every once and awhile but unless I have company I don't bring packs of it in the house. I made shopping without junk a time where I could have a can or bottle but broke the habit of not always having it.

@happysquidmuffin Two workouts in a day, you go girl! Self defense sounds like a great class, hope you have a blast.

@FushiaKat Check you out down a pound, right on! California is drowning, this rain is crazy right now. I hope you (and me) are able to get in the yard soon!

Lots of awesomeness to catch up with around here! I just got back from a meeting, my town has a Day of Service where people do community projects to better the town as a whole. I made the mistake of contacting the new food bank farm manager and the head of the charity I'm with and ended up going as a representative of both but don't know which I'll do my volunteering with or if I want to help with the overall project as there's monthly meetings through May for it. Jasper did well at the vet though he was really scared, she offered to put him on Gabapentin for anxiety and said he'd be tired and cuddly but he's already super cuddly and I don't want him to be tired all the time. So Feliway diffusers and I'll start trying things to see if anything helps. Did my workout but cut the cardio short since I had the meeting tonight and it's raining so I'm not feeling hot. I feel like eating popcorn but since I just admitted it I'll rein in that temptation and maybe fit it in soon instead of getting wild and crazy and going over. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No Zeros- worked out and ate decent, when I felt like munching I chose healthier items.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, I see a lot of names I don't recognize so, welcome everyone.

The sun was shining today and it was in the mid 50's so, I leashed up my best buddy and we hiked in the Preserve across the street from me. Even hubby decided to go with us. I know it will probably be the only time this year so, I took advantage a little and walked him (hubby) 1 3/4 miles. With Chipper it took us just over an hour. Chipper had so much fun running around without his leash and lol.... he even made a friend. There was a family out hiking and Chipper loved their little girl, and bless her heart she was loving him too.

I made some pretty good food choices all the way around. I only ate one veggie but, I weighed and measured everything instead of guessimating (he he, lol.. I made that word up 😃😅).

NO ZERO DAYS: I got some good exercise, ate good and drank all my water.

This thing keeps kicking me out so, till tomorrow, y'all have a great evening/day!!

• Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @DrewsAnna it is the first day of 2023 when the sun is shining so brightly in my area .i did the same and took a stroll in the city.

@Katmary71 a community project is very good .i wish my town has something like this.i have problems with snacking .yesterday with tea i took a bag of chips then look at my tummy ,put the chips back and ate peanuts .

@FushiaKat congrats on your loss

@happysquidmuffin i like cycling too.a self defence class is good for everyone specially women.

@megnolia82 i wish you good health and best of luck for your 21 day challenge

@tammymccrady6278 welcome back dear.and congrats on the loss.

@trooworld it is good you had a great day with nice workout .

@lrjogger1 congrats on your loss

@shaunarlr83 congrats on your loss .you will surely come under 180lbs in next weigh in.

@micaroo4 wish you feel better soon

@ambersway i love reading too .

@Becoming_A_Butterfly welcome back dear.sorry to hear about your mom.

I have been struggling with flabby upper arms for some years.i had some skin issue and my dermatologist gave me some medication .i think it is their side effect.i had tried many types of arm workout but nothing worked.please give me suggestions .

My no zero day win- i did a nice workout and ate a lot of veggies.

• lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good morning from San Antonio, TX airport. I’m heading to Minnesota today to see my family (kids and in-laws). I know that this trip will come with lots of temptations to eat bad. I packed some healthy snacks so I prepared in that way. I think I’ll need to go to the grocery store when there to get some salad and vegetables to make for tonight’s family gathering. It’ll be a little harder to get my walking in because it’s way colder outside in MN but I will for sure keep up on my strength workouts because a person can do a lot with just their own body weight. @megnolia82 you’re showing us all how that it possible with your squats, push ups and crunches!

The green beans didn’t turn out like I hoped. I used some frozen green beans that had been in the freezer for a while. I think they were freezer burnt and so the flavor kinda sucked. I’ll try them again but with fresh beans next time. I had salmon in the air fryer and a baked sweet potato last night and it was gloriously yummy!!

@shaunarlr83 - congrats on your loss. I love that you’re influencing your entire family with healthy eating and exercise!!

@tammymccrady6278 - welcome back. Glad you’re here.

@DrewsAnna - so wonderful that you were able to get out with the hubby and Chipper. Sounds like a great time.

@Katmary71 - you’re an inspiration to me. I love all you do for your community and the encouragement you give here. Thank you.

@FushiaKat - congrats on the loss. Thank you for sharing your insights on losing weight, it’s helpful. Hopefully the rain stops so you can get out in the yard.

No-zero day wins:

Jan. 10:
    -logged my food and stayed under my calories
    -ate my vegetables
    -drank 10 glasses of water
    -walk with Prescott
    -journaled

Flight is boarding soon, so gotta go. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement.

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee Hello, I won’t be weighing in this Friday as I am away and won’t have scales till Wed. Will weigh in as usual the following Friday. Thanks.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 I'm glad you found our community a help on your journey. You have great goals. A lot of us have started to do "No Zero Days" which might help you, we report our "wins" each day. Here is a link to more info: https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/ Again, welcome back!

@megnolia82 I hope you get some answers. Wow, what a great perk!

@happysquidmuffin You know, our weight fluctuates so much and I hate when I am having a high day on weigh-in day and then the very next day, I am down. A self-defense class sounds fun, let us know how it is!

@Katmary71 Thanks, it went away after I took some meds. Thanks! Uh oh, that's nice of you to volunteer but please don't stretch yourself too thin, girl! I'm glad Jasper did well at the vet. Popcorn sounds good. Great no zero wins!

@DrewsAnna Sounds like a fun day of hiking. Awww about Chipper making friends! <3 Great job yesterday!

@Ftofit Thank you! I did! I have heard that weight training is the only thing that helps with toning. I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions! Great job with no zeros!

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you are starting to feel better.

@lrjogger1 Safe travels! Way to think ahead and pack healthy snacks, great idea! That's too bad about the green beans. What a yummy dinner! Great no-zero wins!

Hi all. I think yesterday's migraine was either from our weather (it rained all day yesterday) or from that intense workout, I did: my heart rate/BPM was too high for the workout, at one point it was 166 BPM and the absolute max that I should achieve for my age is 170 BPM. I will not do such an intense workout next time. I had a pretty good day yesterday, I had a great salad that was delicious and healthy, here's the recipe for those interested (I added a protein source):
    Autumn Kale Salad with Fennel, Honeycrisp and Goat Cheese - https://cookieandkate.com/autumn-kale-salad-with-fennel-honeycrisp-and-goat-cheese/

I am also attaching a pic of my heart rate for that intense workout so you can see what I mean.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Stuck to eating plan, drank 60 oz of water, tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

f226np7ghywz.png
    xqjw9rmg97u4.jpg
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71. Thx so much for advice! No you hadn’t told me that before but it does make so much sense. I’m going to try that for sure.

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome back. You guys made yesterday wonderful! I did get my goals accomplished so I’m excited for today. Day one is over and it for me has alway been the hardest. Today I’m going to be busy at work but will for sure be popping in to read posts. I’m also going to try the no zero days. I read the article and it seems like it’s smart thinking. Well better get going. Have a great day everyone!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @megnolia82 - oh no!! I hope it’s short lived. Great job getting those reps in thoigh!

@DrewsAnna - so glad you’re back and feeling better, I hate that your year started off crumby but it can only get better now!

@micaroo4 - ouch! Back pain is the worst. I would have rested a bit today. Also, I hope it goes away and you’re able to get back at it quickly.

@trooworld - yes fruit can! We actually got a great selection of fresh stuff yesterday so I’m packing me a snack pack today!! I have only kayaked once when I was about 15, it was following being about the only person in a raft that was doing any work so I knew right away I was a huge fan of rowing your own boat 😂😂😂 i was a it nervous because I took my phone with but not so much for myself. I’m so proud of your strength workouts and sorry about the migraine! That was an intense workout! My moms Dr. told us he’s lucky if his heart rate ever goes below 100 😳 that salad looks so so good!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly - I hope it was a nice trip and a great visit! Looking forward to seeing what you do today! I’m loving your profile pic that sweater is super cute and your purplish words!!! 💜💜💜 hope you have a great day!

@tammymccrady6278 - nice to meet you. I love this group. It has helped me tremendously. I like your start back goals. I kinda did that, focused on one or two things for a month or so and then added in until I was back to hitting all my daily goals!

@megnolia82 - how exciting that is something great to look forward and I’m still hoping you feel 100% soon.

@happysquidmuffin - I wanna do a self defense class!!! I wouldn’t stress that weight at all! You are doing so well!

@FushiaKat - Thank you!! I’ve hit my goal weight before…3 different times actually lol this time I’ll have to be serious about maintaining because I don’t ever wanna ride this roller coaster again.

@Katmary71 - it turned out so great!!! I’ve made it a lot the last 3 years, this time all we had was pepperjack cheese and it made it even better!!! I may never go back lol. I’ve gotten in the habit of adding broccoli to mine for sort of a casserole and this time it was a bit soupy in the crockpot so I threw some already chopped broccoli in and it was perfect!!! They really loved the workout. It was a bit stressful for me lol we live on country roads and it was nerve wracking wrangling 3 kids but I told them today we might try at the park with the walking track! You had a busy day. I want to be more involved with my community. Do you deal with people you don’t really get along with?

@DrewsAnna - sounds like a perfect day!!! I wish I could hike with you! I love your state! I need a new food scale and I always say guesstimate

@Ftofit - thank you!! I really hope so. My mom has the arm issue, I believe hers is so bad and has been for so long that her only option is surgery.

@gemwolf110 - great logging. I hope your 100% soon too!

@lrjogger1 - I hope it was a smooth flight and you have a great visit with the fam! That salmon sounds good, it’s in our menu for the week too, I’ll recommend we air fry it!!

I did take notes yesterday but before I could set down and finish responding we got word a 3 year old girl in our little town was missing. We did not go join the search party but I got caught up in looking for updates on Facebook.
    Today they have gathered another search party and law inforcement and helicopters are involved. It doesn’t sound good. From what information was gathered two little girls, 5 and 3 years old were taken from an unfit home and the person who was supposed to be taking care of them left them at home alone all weekend so she could go workout some issues with her boyfriend! 🤬🤬🤬 The 5 year old was out in the front yard crying and told the mail person yesterday that she was hungry and that is when police were called and they realized the 3 year old was no where to be found. Our town is swarming with police and investigators and hundreds of volunteers even though the whole town has already been searched. They have the entire block taped off with police tape and it just so happens to be the block behind my brothers house. Such a sad situation and I hate to say it but it sounds too fishy to have a happy ending.

Here’s my recap of personal activity so far…

YESTERDAY
    - up at 6:30 for breakfast with the fam
    - Did chair yoga for seniors and beginners with my mom and the girls
    - Spent 6 hours cleaning 1 bathroom at my aunts
    - Picked up groceries
    - Went for a 1.25 mile walk with my daughter
    - Made dinner for the fam

TODAY
    - Up at 6
    - Breakfast
    - short workout at the gym
    - 1.25 mile walk at the park with my daughter
    - Running errands with my mom and sister
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

I need to get out my notepad again, lol... I slept super late, till 11:30 am, I know.... lazy, lazy girl. I tried to stay busy ever since. I'm gonna quit taking those sleep 3 sleeping pills because they just knock me out.

I cleaned up💩💩💩💩 and, then I leashed up my best buddy to go for a walk, after that, a trip to Costco. It's gonna be awhile before we can walk outside again because the rain is coming back with a vengeance. I got almost 14,000 steps today, that's really good.

I made some pretty good food choices for the most part. Those darn Christmas cookies are almost gone but still taunting me, lol... I'm so weak. I also drank all my water.

I still have to finish packing up Christmas stuff. I put it on the back burner because I knew we were only having 2 nice days before the rain returns. I'll probably do some at home walking workouts and start using my resistance band while the weather is bad.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day, I'm hoping for a loss but, I had enough cookies that it may not be there for me this week.

Y'all have a great evening/day 😃😃
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly That's a great goal. What did you end up doing for your 20 mins of exercise? Yes, it will be uncomfortable but just think how accomplished you will feel after you do it! :D

@shaunarlr83 That's good fruit can scratch the itch. We should all row our own boat lol...there's a philosophy statement in there somewhere lol. On our honeymoon, we rented a canoe on Lake Tahoe. Thought it would be scenic and enjoyable. We had our two pups with us (lap dogs), we tipped the canoe, I ruined a $600 camera, we got soaked, I haven't been in a canoe since but it's a great story lol. Thank you, it was intense! The salad WAS good! That's terrible about the 3-yr old, I hope they find her and she's safe. OMG I can't believe their story, that's awful. Some people are monsters. Sounds like you've had a couple of really productive, active days, way to go! I'm so proud of how you are living your new life.

@micaroo4 I'm glad your back is better. Way to go on that exercise!

@19shmoo69 Good morning, Darren! Thank you, my friend! How has the gym been? Have you been going? Have a wonderful day!

@DrewsAnna Ooh I would love to sleep that late but my body wakes me up at 4am! Wow, great step count, good job! It's hard to resist stuff like that when it's in the house. Can you toss it? Have a great day!

Hi all. Last night was the first webinar of a year-long series on Diabetes Prevention. It was just a bunch of laying down the rules and telling how it works. One of the things I have to report each week is how many minutes of moderate to intense exercise I have done. Until recently, I've only done light exercise (regular-paced walking) so I need to step it up. They said we should aim for 150 minutes a week. I'm planning on working out on my 30-minute lunch today.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Stuck to eating plan and resisted the cafe and vending machine even though I was really hungry in the afternoon, drank 60 oz of water, tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day- Thursday
    PW: 136.2
    CW: 135.5
    My neighbor came back Monday and my intense dog walks stopped abruptly, or at least the need for them😁. My own dog gets 3 walks a day, and I’m doing the evening one. Monday night after we finished the regular loop I was still pretty antsy, so I went for 2 more. Yay for energetic dogs (borrowed or not). I’m not meeting the high steps of last week (20k/day) but I’m walking way more than my regular lazy-ish self.

Shauna- hope the little girl is found unharmed 🙏.
    You made me laugh with your question if we ever deal with people we don’t like. Bar goes anywhere from “worthy of being on a magazine cover” to “so happy you can’t read minds”.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@micaroo4 - Fantastic workout day!

@megnolia82 - so so sorry for the rough day

@19shmoo69 - thank you so much for praying for us!

@DrewsAnna - great steps!!! That’s a lot of being up and moving! Hope the rain doesn’t get you down too much! I said we put away Christmas stuff but we still haven’t found something suitable to store our gingerbread houses and they are getting in my nerves lol. Gotta get them outta here soon.

@trooworld - my husbands (almost ex) family always said their grandma had a saying…..”Love many, Trust few, and learn to paddle your own canoe!” 😂 oh my gosh I would have cried over that camera. Canoes are horrible, kayaks are much less likely to turn over. Upping my exercise really helped me, even when I wasn’t eating great!

@GabiV125 - I was curious if you tolerate and work along side or steer clear 😂😂😂 my person is involved in everything around town and also related to half the town 😒 Glad your regular walking has stayed strong even if it’s not super powered!!!

My sister in law asked me to go with her to join the search parties when she got off work yesterday and we tried but sadly they ceased all grid searching because everything has been covered multiple times and it has now moved into a criminal investigation.

I ended up catching up on our Facebook daily challenge, broke it into two workouts yesterday, the morning using two 10lb dumbbells and the evening was body weight only. We had a good healthy dinner and I kept the kitchen clean while mom kept laundry going. Ended up staying up late talking to my little brother about health, tattoos, and life. Got to see my son before bed after 1:30am and was back up prepping breakfast at 6!!! Fixed my nieces hair before they caught the bus, hit the gym with my girl, got in a great 45 minute upper body workout and then she wanted to walk but it’s really windy and 38° so we only managed one quick lap.

About to help my mom do some work on her spare truck and then I might relax until the afternoon.
This discussion has been closed.