2023 Goals

Options
momwow17
momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
edited December 2022 in Social Groups
What are your goals for 2023 and what’s your plan to reach them?

Replies

• kattmcd
    kattmcd Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 90 pounds this year. I am ready to feel healthy, run and play with my grand kids and FIT IN A ROLLERCOASTER SEAT! 2023 here we come!
  • momwow17
    Options
    @kattmcd I'm so glad you found this group. I also want to lose about 90 lbs this year. I lost 60 lbs in 2021, but then gained back about 25 lbs in 2022. The weight gain started to get out of control at the end of this year, and I really want to break the cycle of losing weight, then gaining it back plus some so I started this group. I also LOVE Rollercoasters! I hope we can help each other get where we want to go!

My plan to lose weight is to post here daily to hold myself accountable. I'm going to track all of my food and eat between 1200-1400 calorie/day and walk at least 30 minutes per day. If I do that, I should lose 2 lbs/week. I also decided to give up alcohol this year. I don't really overeat, but i drink too much which contributes to my overweight. In the past I've tried to fit alcohol into my weight loss plan, but I've realized it doesn't make sense and there's no benefit to drinking, so I'm just going to give it up. I can't wait to start seeing results. I have about 20 lbs to go to be in the 100's and be able to shop in the regular sizes in the stores. I know this is going to be the year it will happen!
  • kattmcd
    Options
    @momwow17 Thanks! You have great ideas. I would love to follow along. WOW...I am not sure I can cut all of the alcohol, but I will cut down! Thanks for the inspiration! Here is to 12-1400 calories! I have a goal with my exercise therapist to walk 45 minutes a day. We will see if I can do that!
    This is the YEAR! I would love to be in ONEderland as well. I have 39 more pounds to get there. Regular size in the store?? YES! I also want my butt to fit in a rollercoaster seat this summer!
  • momwow17
    Options
    @kattmcd, I bet you're really close to your goal to ride roller coasters. That was one of my goals, too, when I first started. On Throwback Thursday, I'll post some pics of when I started and the day I did fit, then rode a coaster with my son. It was an amazing day!
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    My “number goal” for this year is 180-190 ( or at least in Onederland). My other goals are:
    1) Walk 5Ks with my son. Right now that’s a long way off.
    2) Go hiking again ( it’s been a couple of years) with both of my sons and my husband.
    3) Get back to the “other side” of the clothing store.
  • momwow17
    Options
    My “number goal” for this year is 180-190 ( or at least in Onederland). My other goals are:
    1) Walk 5Ks with my son. Right now that’s a long way off.
    2) Go hiking again ( it’s been a couple of years) with both of my sons and my husband.
    3) Get back to the “other side” of the clothing store.

Diana, I love hiking! It's one of my motivations as well. My dream is to hike the Appalachian Trail. I was planning to do so and working hard to get conditioned for it, but I hurt my foot and had to postpone it. Now, I'm not sure if I'll ever get to do it, because I don't think my hips and knees could take it, but I'm hoping that once I lose weight my pain will subside and maybe I'll be able to do it when I retire. In the meantime, I still love going on moderately strenuous hikes with my husband. I know what you mean about the "other side" of the clothing store. Hang in there! You will get there! I was where you are in May 2021 and by February 2022, I was just starting to fit in some XLs when for some reason, I just plateaued and never got past 200 lbs. I'm sort of in between regular and plus sizes right now, but recently I went shopping and was so excited to find cute clothes in the plus size section! It used to just be big flower prints and baggy sacks. Next, I bet they start to integrate the clothing sections so you just have xxs to xxxl in one section. That would be nice.
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    @momwow17 I used to hike up to 5 miles on all different terrain with no pr. Then, in February 2022, I did something to my foot akin to plantar fasciitis. I could barely hobble short distances. By the end of the summer, I was devastated that it wasn’t improving. My choices were to add cushioning to dull the pain and add support, or start wearing barefoot shoes and build up my foot muscles etc. it seemed like the two schools of thought regarding that were at complete opposite spectrums. I opted for barefoot shoes. I thought I made the wrong choice for about two months, but then it got easier and easier. Now, I can walk around with no problem, but my stamina is shot from over half a year of minimal movement and accumulated weight. I don’t have a particular destination in mind. Your dream of hiking the Appalachian trail sounds amazing, You’ll get there!!
  • momwow17
    Options
    @dianastepheny, my foot injury was similar to what you experienced. I ended up being diagnosed with a heel spur, which is caused by plantar fasciitis. It completely crippled me and I could barely walk because it was so painful. My doctor prescribed hard orthotic inserts to wear in my shoes and after about 6 months, the pain was cured and I could walk normally. Now I wear the orthotics religiously almost all the time and I haven't had an issue since. Now, I just need to get motivated to get out there every day. Its nice today, so I'm going to go for at least a 1 hour walk this afternoon!
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    @momwow17 I hope you enjoyed your walk! I really need to get movement back into my life. Right now, I’ve been managing getting my eating under control. I promised my son we’d start at the gym this coming weekend. We waited a bit because there was a viscous stomach bug going around town. The gym didn’t seem like such a hot idea. But, things seem to be settling so we’re going to be hitting the gym. Then, once my stamina builds a bit, we’ll start walking outside. I just want to make sure I don’t wander too far because I love walking, and then can’t get back home. So, the treadmill seems like a safer bet at first.
  • momwow17
    Options
    @dianastepheny I hope you got to go to the gym this weekend! How'd it go? I'm thinking of getting a treadmill for home, once I get a new job. Being completely sedentary was what caused my weight to balloon out of control and I don't want that to happen again. I'm so glad you have your son to help you stay motivated. I'm sure he's your biggest cheerleader!
  • dianastepheny
    Options
    chhe9vbubok8.jpeg
    @momwow17 A treadmill is a great idea! I live in a tiny house with a giant dog, so I can’t go that route. I just know the dog would get hurt somehow. He’s like a bull in a china shop. But, it’s a brilliant idea to have the exercise at your fingertips, no matter what the weather. Avery is definitely my biggest cheerleader, but he’s also my toughest one. He’ll randomly ask to see my food diary, remind me that we’re supposed to be exercising ( I really gotta work on that), and give me the loving encouragement or harsh criticism I need at any given moment.
  • momwow17
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'd love to hear how you're doing on your weight loss and on reaching your goals. @kattmcd did you get to ride any roller coasters this summer? @dianastepheny, go on any hikes?

I, unfortunately, haven't reached my goals yet, but there's still time to get there. I hope to be under 200 lbs by New Years and then reach my goal weight by next summer. I feel very motivated and today has been a great day so far.

I have been suffering from some depression since my dad died and it has caused me to fall into some bad habits like eating in front of the TV, spending way too much time on social media, especially FB Reels, and drinking too much. I've decided that I will only eat meals at the table and I have a time limit on my phone for social media. I'm also cutting out alcohol. I don't know if that will be permanent, but I hope so. I hope everyone is doing great. I'd love to get this group going again and then keep it going in 2024. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Shannon
  • kattmcd
    Options
    We are headed to the amusement park next week and I BETTER FIT in the seats! I have lost 74 pounds since this time last year. I have about 30-50 more pounds to go,but I feel great!

I am so sorry about your dad! The depression is real, and so hard. Hang in there!