Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    lrjogger1- I'm an RN and did nursing school in the 80s. It was stressful then, and I'm sure it's more stressful now. Sending you strength so that you can find an outlet for the stress that is not food. Sending you extra brain power too!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Make good choices :)
    Xoxo
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss! I'm super excited for you!

@lrjogger1 I hope you had a good time, no worries about not checking in! That's really impressive that you were able to log all your food every day, not easy to do while on vacation. Great job! Exercise is a great way to deal with stress. I also tend to call friends when I am stressed, create something (journal, make a craft, make a piece of artwork). Congrats on starting your 3rd level! :D

@askewcr Congrats on the loss!

@megnolia82 That sounds awful, I'm sorry you are so sick. I hope you feel better soon and that your daughter doesn't have it, too. Great to hear you are making good choices!

@Katmary71 I did, it was a great workout! Chili was delicious, although I do like chilis with beans too. Sorry your Walmart order was missing items, that happens to me, too. It's frustrating. Are you only sleeping so little because of the pain from the rain? It's been raining a lot here, too. Good job with your no zeros!

Hello all. I had a nice day off yesterday. I worked out and did very little else. It was nice. My weight is bouncing up and down between the same 2 pounds, it's frustrating but I know that if I stay the course with the weightlifting, it should trend down eventually. I just need to be patient.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I lifted weights, ate a date instead of something worse for me when I had a sweet tooth, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 136
    CW: 135
    Sorry, no time to read & catch up. But yay! New low! Yesterday was day 1 of a 45 day activity challenge for the youth employees at my club. My team, Cardio 4 Tacos, got 34 points the first day!!! We are going to kick butt and beat the other 12 teams if we just stay consistent. (For reference, if each of 4 team members works out at the club an hour in a day, the team would have 20 pts. I and another gal worked out twice, and the other 2 teammates came to a class with me and we earned bonus points.)
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great losses this week! And so much positive energy. I love it! Yesterday was a slow day. I came off of nights and stayed up to actually enjoy my day off. So u dragged butt. I did manage to eat well drink my water and get half of my step goal in. But other than that just spent some great time catching up with my sister whom I don’t talk to near as much as I’d like. It was a beautiful winter day so my hubby and and I went for a drive. We do that a lot actually in the summer just to be together. I was in bed by 8 as I was zonked. I’m off today as well and it is housekeeping day.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Username: lrjogger1
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 167.4
    CW: 168.2

A little gain for me this week but based on my food logging and lack of exercise it totally makes sense.

Nice losses @shaunarlr83, @laurelfit57 and @happysquidmuffin !

All - Thanks for all the tips related to coping with stress. Great advice!!

Laurie
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – That super sucks about your fence. Is it not covered by your insurance? And it’s a good thing you were locked OUT at the High School instead of being locked IN, right?
    @shaunarlr83 – Oh that poor little girl. So sad. But I’m glad some arrests have finally been made. Good job on sticking to your meal plan! And how nice that you were able to make a new connection with your cousin! Sounds like a lot of positive healing going on in your family.
    @lrjogger1 – Nice job during your vacation! Good luck on your nursing school. Not sure if this would help or not to keep snacking at bay, but I love veggie broth. Make a cup of broth (veggie, chicken, beef…whatever your fave is) when you’re feeling snack-ish. Usually 10 calories or less for a cup.

Well, yesterday was my Birthday and I am now in the final year before being half a century old. Hoping my hair makes it at least another year with no gray :smile: Although I do think I spied a tiny bit of silver on one strand the other day Anyway, spent the day eating too much food (although I’m still within my “bites”) and enjoyed watching M3GAN. It was very predictable, but still fun. If anyone is a fan of Black Mirror, this would be your style.
    My niece got me a NUT’R for Christmas. It’s hilariously adorable! Makes plant based milks. I gave it a try the other day and made oat milk that I added to my chai. I flavored the oat milk with a date and my home made vanilla extract. Delish!
    frm6mkgpjcx6.jpg

No Zero Days logging for Sunday & Monday:
    1. Cook bean/grain: Not yet
    2. Weigh all food: <3<3
    3. Log all food: <3<3
    4. 30 minutes activity: <3:'(
    5. Restaurants 2x: <3<3
    6. Stop eating when pleasantly full: <3<3
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 good morning!

@trooworld Yes pain is up from weather and have insomnia, sadly I'm taking the prescription version of 4 Benadryl so it's frustrating. When I sleep decent I feel better in the morning. Glad you had a nice day off!

@Becoming_a-Butterfly Love the meme and yes!

@happysquidmuffin Way to go on the new low! I hope you beat the other teams!

@tammymccrady6278 It sounds like an awesome day and great time with your sister and husband which is wonderful for mental health. Have a great day off and blast some fun music while cleaning!

@lrjogger1 You got this, I'm sure it will be back down soon!

@shaunarlr83 Congratulations! I know it must be a little sad too but you've been doing amazing.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I've had dreams about being locked in bookstores or libraries but in a high school would be awful! Happy birthday my friend! Wow you don't have gray hair at all yet? I envy that, I started graying at 17, congratulations. I like Black Mirror but think I'll wait for M3GAN to stream it. Oh your NUT'R sounds so cool, my friend was telling me about something similar, I'm sure it will be fun to use.

Hi team, hope you all are doing well! I had another night of not much sleep and had to drive to Sacramento which was about 25 miles, doesn't sound like a big deal but it is when your legs suck. Got my mammogram over with, came home, and conked out for a few hours. I worked out but am still super tired since my sleep's been bad for awhile. The fridge repair is tomorrow and I forgot about cleaning so that's up next, the ice maker drops water instead of ice every once in and awhile so I'm going to have it looked at now before it's out of warranty. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

No Zeros
    worked out (no weights since it's leg day and I'm too worn out but cardio and stretching)
    Ate well and under

That reminds me I probably wasn't under last night, my blood sugar was low and I started out well just ate a little too much healthy stuff waiting for my body to realize it had been fed.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 138.4
    CW: 139.2

Still under 140 and I ate a lot of food this past week. My best friend sent me a fruit cake which is nothing like fruit cake, it has pineapple, cherries and walnuts. I usually save one slice for me and give the rest away, but this year I kept it and tonight I will be eating the last slice. Tomorrow I will go and pull weeds in the cactus garden. I had planned to do that today, but the doctor's office ran 1.5 hours late this morning, and then she decided I needed my cholesterol checked so I went downstairs to the lab. I really needed to go to the market after lunch, so the weeds just have to wait. It just stopped raining today too. Hopefully I can get it all done tomorrow if I work fast.

I think everybody is amazing and doing so well. Well wishes to the people who are sick. My friend just got over covid. My throat was sore for a couple of days and that scared me. But I'm fine.

I'm sorry for little girl, and happy for the divorce to be final. And I'm proud of everybody who tracked a few days and made the right choices under stress. I found a way to make my radishes last longer, I twist off the tops and store them in an airtight container.

Don't you feel happy when you've bought a bunch of produce and fruit and you manage to eat it all before it spoils, I know I do.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all, just popping in real quick to let you know I'm not flaking out again. Yesterday (Monday) and today I have really focused on my food choices. I have done good.

I tried to throw away those darn cookies, but my husband freaked out a bit. So, I put them in a smaller container since there isn't very many left. The big container taunted me, I barely notice the small one so, I haven't touched them. 😀

I didn't exercise for a couple of days, Sunday I had unexpected company all day. Monday, I took a lazy day. Today, I FINALLY packed up my village. Tomorrow, the living room will get another thorough cleaning before I put the pictures and knick knacks back on the tables and shelves. I'm going to try and do some exercise tomorrow.

I have been trying to work on changing my "lazy girl" hours. I need to start getting up earlier because I sleep so darn late. So, have been really tired. They say it takes 21 days for something to become a habit. Boy, when my hubby was working everyday, I would get up between 4:00-5:30 am 5 days a week. Since he has been on disability, we both have become late sleepers. One of my goals for this year is to start getting up earlier.

I am super tired so good night y'all. 🙂
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 - Congrats! Looking good!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly Thank you for that picture, I needed the inspiration this morning!

@happysquidmuffin Congrats on the loss and the new low!

@tammymccrady6278 I know, right? It's great! I'm glad you had a good day off.

@shaunarlr83 CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for you, girl!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Happy belated birthday! I am a fan of Black Mirror so I will have to check out M3GAN. Thanks. Homemade oat milk sounds yummy. I just bought 5 lbs of Medjool dates, I need to make something with them! Great job with your no zero days wins and congrats on the loss, you are doing awesome!

@Katmary71 I'm so sorry about the pain. I hope you can get some decent sleep. HUGS! That's good you got your mammo done. So important. Good job with your no zero wins!

@FushiaKat Way to stay within your range, congrats! That fruit cake sounds interesting. That's a great tip about the radishes, thanks. I do feel great when I eat all that produce before it spoils! :D

@DrewsAnna That's great that you are focused on your food choices and are doing good. Good plan for the cookies. Good luck with the getting up early!

Hi all. I didn't have such a great day yesterday but today will hopefully be better. On Saturday, I bought a 5 lb box of Medjool dates. I've been eating a couple of them when I want something sweet. They really hit the spot.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss this week and those who hit the leaderboard @laurelfit57 @shaunarlr83 @lrjogger1 @askewcr @happysquidmuffin @vegan4lyfe2012
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I’ve been busy this week, so I’m catching up.

@shaunarlr83 I am feeling relief for you, happy divorce day. I know it seems weird to congratulate its a time to enter your next adventure. When my parents divorced (36years ago) my mom had a party, her best photo ever came from that day. You could see the relief, the weight lifted, and the excitement for a new beginning. I hope you find all the happiness.

@trooworld thanks for the recipe link. I have chili on the menu soon.
    I am glad you mentioned the same two lbs. I have the same thing going on and am riding it out. We will lose it!

@lrjogger1 welcome back.

@Katmary71 i hope you’re feeling better. You definitely have have accomplished a good amount on so little sleep. You have me thinking about seeds, I need to check the stash to see what we want to try to grow this year. During quarantine, my husband planted EVERYTHING and it was hit and miss. Surprisingly the corn grew all over the front yard, which was quite the scene, my son, his mullet and monster truck. I was sure I left Indiana but it was like I landed in the land of oz aka farmland. 😂

I am reading about your blood sugar, I am dealing with hypoglycemia and had an issue with binging at a rapid rate to bring my level back up. Im sure that helped my gaining. Now that I stopped the bread, I haven’t had any episodes pr checked my levels. My fingers are happy. Question: what do you keep on hand to raise your levels quick that are high calorie? I have honey packets at the moment.

@FushiaKat Yum fruit cake! My friend brought me one from the UK. It’s different from what I’m used to but still yum. I’m glad I had it before I started the challenge. 🙃

No zero days

-closing my rings daily
    -logging everything
    -teeter tottering on a lb +/- atm and not letting it get me down

My new dining set came today and I’m beyond excited. Something about setting it up and enjoying some family meals makes me happy. Our first meal was tuna salad on cucumbers for me, tuna melts and chips for the family. Nothing fancy but still enjoyed.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat You've done so amazing! Holy cow that's a long wait at the doctor's office! Weeds won't unfortunately go anywhere. Haha yes, I love when the produce lasts and I eat it all! Those greens on radishes definitely make them go bad faster. I love radishes but not the greens. Have you ever tried those produce containers that are like Tupperware but keep them fresh longer? I've always wanted to try those.

@DrewsAnna Interesting about the smaller container being easier to resist, nice to figure out what tricks work on us right? I used to be a night owl, for some reason waking earlier helps me a lot with staying on track. What would be the ideal time for you to get up?

@trooworld Do you cook with dates at all? I have a vague memory of the whole-food plant-based community sticking a date with something else and it being delicious but I can't remember what it was, shoot! I haven't played much with healthier desserts aside of trying low-cal ice cream, cocoa powder on fruit, and Yonanas but need to learn.

@AmbersWay The visual of the corn is funny! I kind of did that too, I'd let a guy I was seeing move in with me during COVID and he was verbally abusive and I was waiting for him to leave so I found solice in the garden and it was 4xs what it normally was. We have plant stands around here that you can take or “leaf” a plant so that made it really affordable to swap plants with people. What is your favorite to grow? Yes binging to bring up your blood sugar can definitely add calories! I usually don't go lower than 60s but if I do then I'll use maple syrup and once I stop shaking (under 50 I get like that) I'll make something more stable with protein and carbs. The ER gave me a turkey sandwich when it crashed there so I try to copy the high protein (meat or dairy) with a carb idea. I have noticed I stay hungry for awhile even if I've eaten and my blood sugar is up.

@Becoming_A-Butterfly Woohoo, great job working out, 20 minutes is a great start! Good luck with my girl Leslie!

Hi gang, hope you're all doing well tonight! I actually slept, boy I feel a lot better with a solid night's sleep! I got up, had a great workout, then got dressed and cleaned. The refrigerator repairman was going to come 12-4 and I'd been thinking of running to the store but it was getting too close. Around 2 I got a text that they wouldn't be here for two hours so I ran to the store to get produce (doing a rainbow challenge with some friends and hadn't been shopping in two weeks) and put everything away real quick. My turkey burgers tried to fall out of the freezer and I shut the door superfast so I didn't have to find a spot for it in my rush and totally forgot about it. The poor repairman had a flying box of turkey burgers when he opened the freezer! I couldn't pretend to not know about it I was laughing so much. Not much else going on, have a great Thursday my awesome friends! I'm headed back to Sacramento to get fingerprinted for volunteering in the high school greenhouse, we hadn't had to do that last year but it's smart to do even though we don't see the kids much but we're on campus.

No Zero Days
    Good job with cardio, leg strengthening, and stretching
    Ate under calories and healthy
  • lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yay @Becoming_A_Butterfly for the workout. Sometimes we have to just go through the motions until it becomes a habit and we enjoy it. You got this!!

@AmbersWay - sounds like the new dining set could be the beginning of eating healthy meals together. Great job keeping up in your no zero days!

@trooworld - I hope today was a better day and praying you have a whole bunch of GREAT days ahead!

@DrewsAnna - getting in the habit of waking up early can be hard, but so rewarding. I use my early morning time to pray and to journal and it really sets the tone for the rest of the day. It gets my mind in a positive place and also helps me be productive with the rest of my day.

@FushiaKat - agreed! Managing to eat all the fruit and vegetables I bought before they spoil is a great feeling. In the past I have been so bad at eating all the fruit or vegetables I purchased. For me, finding new recipes to make delicious vegetables is really helping me.

@shaunarlr83 - love your picture!! You go girl!! You’re inspiring.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - ooh, never thought about broth to help with stress snacking. Also, because it’s warm it will feel like comfort food. Definitely going to try that. Btw, nice loss!

@Katmary71 - I’m hoping your sleep gets better. Sleep affects so much with our physical and mental health.

@happysquidmuffin - congrats on the new low weight! So exciting. The challenge at your gym sounds so fun. Hope your team wins.

@Cornanda - thanks for the well wishes for strength and brain power in nursing school. It means a lot!

@tammymccrady6278 - my husband and I like going for drives together too! So peaceful.

No zero days:

Tuesday:
    -Journaled
    -Logged all food and stayed under calories
    -Drank 12 glasses water
    -Ate my vegetables (grilled asparagus)

Wednesday:
    -20 minute walk with Prescott
    -Logged all food and stayed under calories
    -Drank 6 glasses water
    -Ate my vegetables (roasted butternut squash)

Until tomorrow my friends, take care. Praying for you all tonight

This discussion has been closed.