Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 226.8
    CW: 228.2

LTD: 19.8
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,920 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 Good self-control, Tammy! I'm sorry it was a tough day. I'm wishing you an easier today.

@Katmary71 I have tried savory oats and I really like them. Here's a recipe I've tried using steel-cut oats: http://www.thefullhelping.com/my-favorite-savory-steel-cut-oats/ Yeah, those dates ARE awesome! Not healthy, but tasty! Way to resist those TJs goodies! What are you reading? I'm sorry about the poor sleep. Good job on your non-zero wins!

@Ftofit Congrats on the loss!

@megnolia82 That diet sounds challenging. I'm glad you are getting some insights about it though.

@DrewsAnna Hang in there, at least it wasn't a gain. I've done that before where I go and go and go and then I'm starving and cave for fast food. Awww, Chipper getting a pawdicure! That would be a nice walk. Let us know if you went.

@Cornanda How frustrating! I'm sorry your body is a big old meanie, I hope you can talk it into some sense for next week lol. Hang in there, Lisa!

Hi all. I did end up working out yesterday, I pushed myself to do it after work which is always a gamble because I usually don't want to do anything after work. I am determined to turn this ship around though, so I did a 37-minute weights workout on our Tonal. I earned a badge in the Tonal app, a 100K meaning I've lifted 100,000 lbs on the Tonal since we got it in 10/2021. That's actually not as impressive as it sounds as I haven't been using it consistently. My dear husband has earned is 1 MILLION LB badge! He HAS been consistent. I love the gamification of the Tonal, it keeps me coming back. Here's a pic of my badge along with my strength score. I started out at 150 strength score so getting up to 192 is a good improvement.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I did a 37-min weight training session on the Tonal earning my 100K badge, I tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

3r72ddidc89v.jpg
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - I’m glad the yardwork is well underway. I’m excited to help my mom get hers back to where it was a few years ago….she started to transform her back yard into a secret garden. I’ve never been called for jury duty and I’m mad about it lol.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly and @trooworld - my mom has been having trouble breathing since before her last knee replacement and she says it hit worse when she was really sick, she has been taking it easy all this time thinking her appointment with the pulmonologist would should something wrong that needed to be treated. In the back of my head I wondered if she just needed to start pushing herself a bit more. Yesterday he confirmed it and told her she just needs to start walking more to build her lung strength back up after so many months of barely getting around. He told her to start with 5 minutes and work her way up to 30 minutes everyday.

@tammymccrady6278 - if you stay consistent it will most definitely get easier to resist. You’re doing great!

@megnolia82 - I hope you make it through the last few treatments days okay! Sending more hugs!

@DrewsAnna - Progress is progress no matter how little, I hope Chipper enjoys his pawdicure 😂 I haven’t heard it called that yet! Happy walking!!!

@trooworld - that’s pretty awesome! I love little tokens or awards for achievements, that’s what keeps me addicted to my watch 😂

Yesterday morning while I was getting dressed I accidentally started a workout, I logged a strength training workout with out knowing it so after my dental visit and went for a walk without logging it trying to even things out a bit. I didn’t get to exercise with the nieces because I was busy making dinner and it got dark too fast, I did talk my brother into walking at the park but it was so cold I gave up after 1.3 miles even though he was wanting to do 3. I made meatball zucchini boats and stuffed baby bello mushrooms with some chayote squash in the air fryer!!! Mmmmmm I’m glad there was some zucchini leftovers for lunch today.

Today I’ll be running errands with my kids and then who knows what my evening will be but I’m in a crafty mood! Tomorrow I’m watching the girls while my mom attends a funeral and I wanted to take them on a hike but rain is moving in.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just a quick check in. Sending good thoughts to all of you. Have a good weekend.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,588 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Oh no that stinks about Gatorade and how strict of a diet you have to do right now. I hope after the treatment ends you can get back to eating healthier food and get some energy in you!

@DrewsAnna https://www.eatthis.com/savory-dinner-oats/ Here's some interesting savory oat ideas, it's funny because I'd love all those with a different grain but have some psychological block to thinking of oatmeal as sweet so it sounds weird. If you'll try it I will! The one with veggies and sausages sounds pretty good. I had to Google the GOLO diet, you came up with one I've never heard of! I'm curious to hear your overnight oats idea. When I was diagnosed with diabetes I thought I'd been eating healthy because I pretty much had huge bowls of oatmeal 2xs a day but with dried cranberries, brown sugar, and maple syrup. I like your attitude about next week, I think it will be a great week too! Hope Chipper enjoys his pawdicure!

@Cornanda Oh no, I hope your body stops this, I know that's super frustrating! Hopefully next week will be one awesome weigh-in!

@trooworld That recipe looks real good! I like how she writes, I'll check out more of her recipes too (it's in my recipe folder with all the other ones you've given me now!). I don't have miso paste, of course that was on my Trader Joe's list and I forgot to check that against my grocery list when I went yesterday, shoot! I'll have to get some of those ingredients. I was reading Riley Sager The House Across The Lake, it was pretty good but I wouldn't buy a physical copy or reread. I had trouble downloading books from the library last night and am reading one about why we like cats now, I'll find a novel to start before bed tonight most likely. Way to go on the workout! Very cool about the badge and on a good night when you pushed yourself.

@shaunarlr83 Hey what does the “rlr” stand for? I figure you were born in 83 right? Hey 1.3 miles is still better than nothing and your dinner sounds awesome! You'll have to let us know what you make tonight! Have fun with the girls tomorrow whatever you decide to do.

Hi gang! I got to spend a few hours planting seeds at the greenhouse so I'm happy about that, I found out when I got home my approval for being a volunteer went through so we can go during school hours now but will have to check in which isn't a big deal, hopefully the office is not too far from the greenhouse. Another tough sleep night but I'm hanging in there. Had a good funky Friday workout and ate well for the rainbow challenge. I'm frustrated with my boyfriend so I snapped at him and turned my phone off, he's supposed to come in the morning so I'll have to deal with it after I write you all (should I recite a poem from 5th grade for awhile?). I was going to share a greenhouse pic but my phone's off, lol. I'm going to a southern BBQ restaurant tomorrow followed by cake and ice cream for my brother's birthday and Bill will be here through Monday so I probably won't be around much this weekend. Hope you all have a great one!

No Zero Days
    did chair cardio, leg strengthening, and stretching
    ate very healthy and under calories
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,017 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Before I post my weight, I'm going to start with an explanation. I had really bad insomnia on Thursday night. I didn't eat enough on Friday, and then went to bed really early. So I woke up this morning and my scale weight is really low, below my maintenance range of 127-133. So I drank a big glass of water to boost my weight up to 127. I'm sure that my weight loss is very temporary; on Friday morning my weight was 129.8, so to weight 126 this morning is just ridiculous.

Micaroo4
    Weigh In Day Saturday
    PW 129.8
    CW 127.0

-Mica
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh In

PW : 74.9
    CW : 74.9

Holding steady 😊
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: 3
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 216.8
    Todays Weight: 217.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - Hooray for your workout and badge. I swear at some point you said you had 5000 recipes and now you said you have 7500 ish?! I thought I saved a lot of recipes! And you can always find the right one to share- impressive! How do you do that?

@shaunarlr83 - You are always making yummy food. Did you craft anything?

@megnolia82 - Hi! Hope you are feeling a little better. Or a lot better!

@Katmary71 - I'm sending you {{Good sleep}} vibes. I hope that you and Bill work things out so you can have a fun weekend together. I'm glad the farm is getting going again- you seem to really love it.

@micaroo4 @Tamevv - You are really good at keeping that weight steady.

I've started tracking again this week, but haven't been consistent. I've identified some problems and am starting to work through them. I'm also monitoring and working on mindset. I'm not getting down and I will get there. I am a bit frustrated that my weight keeps going up. I think I'm doing enough to maintain at least for goodness sake! However, it's likely that more monitoring is needed to identify what is going on. It's easy to think you aren't making mistakes when you actually are. Not expecting much for next week's weigh in since an Italian dinner night out (work birthdays) has been scheduled for the eve before. However, I will celebrate that mornings weigh in so as not to use that as an excuse all week.

Not too much going on this weekend- Hubs wants to watch all the football games, so I will see what I can tackle off my list while he's occupied with that.

Lisa
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 240.5
    CW 238.3

Hard week with all the cravings and need to munch on anything but it did it. And I’m so happy the scale went down. This group is my rock I tell you. Reading the posts and seeing other successes and yes struggles makes me feel not alone in this. Changing one’s life is so hard but hearing the rewards to come keeps me hopeful. Have a great day everyone!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,920 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Thanks! Yes, I love the badges, notifications, and competitive side. What I didn't show was there is a leaderboard that you climb the more time you workout. I'm still pretty low but getting higher! LOL about accidentally starting a workout, that sucks! Your dinner sounds yummy and creative. I hope you get to craft, tell us what you make! :D

@Katmary71 Yeah, it's something different for breakfast and it's so healthy. I don't think I've ever read him. I know he's very popular but you know how I'm not very into thrillers. Thanks for your support! You have such a green thumb, I'm envious of you lol. Did I tell you that my husband got me an Aerogarden for Christmas? I have some herbs growing in it now (Italian basil, thyme, mint, parsley, dill, and Thai basil). All is growing but the mint and parsley, those haven't really sprouted yet but I'm not giving up! Yay for being approved! Yum, I love BBQ. I hope things work out with Bill. Great job with no zero days!

@Micaroo4 The scale is so weird. Sorry about the insomnia.

@Tamevv You are practicing for maintenance, I like to say! :D

@Cornanda Thanks! I did have 5,000 (I had cut down on them) but I now have 7,531 recipes! I gather a few every day so it adds up quickly. It's kind of a problem because it causes the app on my phone that I use to collect and organize them to act funny sometimes, I don't think it is meant for so many recipes lol. I have all the recipes organized with tags and categories that I can search by, I'm very good about adding that information as I import the recipe. I know some people don't do that and figure they will do it later but then later never comes and soon, they have a bunch of unorganized recipes lol. Yay for starting to track again, that's great! You WILL get there, I believe in you! It's good you are really analyzing your behaviors. Have a good weekend!

Hi all. I didn't start out with such a good day (I didn't eat something healthy for breakfast) but I did a recovery workout in the morning. Then, at my lunch, I said to myself, "I don't want to take my usual lunchtime nap. I want to do something productive." So, I picked out a Reggaeton Dance Party workout video on YouTube (Glowwithjo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUZSmgYJN8U I'm a terrible dancer and did NOT feel at all sexy while doing it lol. I'm quite convinced that anyone walking by my window would have thought I was having a seizure. But it was kind of fun to do and got me moving.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I did an 18-min recovery weight-training session, and a 15-min aerobic YouTube video, I had a salad with my pizza at dinner, and I tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    The January Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, January 22nd. Hope you'll join us for the Ultimate Points Challenge to work on all areas of your weight management journey! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10882451/january-week-4-group-challenge-ultimate-points-challenge/p1?new=1

Jessica :blush:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,793 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 222
    Todays Weight: 222
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 275
    C. W. 275
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I hurt my back about half way through the day and we didn't get to go for Chippers pawdicure. I was so disappointed, I was looking forward to it. He was looking forward to it because, I had already put his collar on him so he knew he was going out. He really loves going to stores, lol...... That video sounds so much fun, I used to do zumba and I loved it😀

@Katmary71 I just set a reminder with Alexa to remind me to find that recipe. You are on, I will try some savory oats if you try overnight oats. 😀😀 I hope you and your BF work things out so y'all can have a great weekend.

@Cornanda Are you a reader? There's a few self help books that help you with skills to help with mind set. "The Shift" "You are a Badass" and "Coffee Self Talk" I have started all 3 of them but, I tend to get disturbed a lot. You can get them all on Amazon. Lol, we are watching all the football games also. Hubby is a diehard and I just kind of do whatever through paying attention every now & then except during regular games because I play fantasy football.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss.

Hey y'all,

Well, I didn't get to take Chipper for his pawdicure because I managed to hurt my back. I helped hubby get all the Christmas bins up in the attic. You need a ladder to get into the attic so, I have to lift them up to him and he puts them away. The bins are heavy. After we finished, I was vacuuming and all of a sudden sharp pain went through my back. Chris helped me to the couch and that was where I stayed for the rest of the day. Today, I took it real easy, I think I got a pinched nerve because it felt better as the went on. Tomorrow, I'm going to clean up the spare play/workout room. The grand beauties and I share it, it's their playroom when they are here and it's my workout room when they aren't. After that, I have to clean the other spare room so I can get to the treadmill.

No Zero Day: Even though I spent yesterday and today on the couch, I still drank all my water. 88 oz per day.

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - So you didn't feel spicy during the workout either?! I'm not a dancer either- your description of it made me laugh. Good for you getting those workouts in and having a salad and tracking! That is AMAZING about your recipes!

@DrewsAnna - thank you for the book ideas, I will check them out. I hope your back feels better today!

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.