Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

@megnolia82 congrats on getting back to work. I hope you find balance and regain your energy to help keep you going there.

@Katmary71 I sent a friend invite. How funny, a worm woman. I want to be that cool. I should pick up more gardening tasks from hubby and be the gardening gal. I don’t see a big gardening venture this year due to traveling. I also need to find some good ways to keep our youngest rescue doggy out of the raised beds. She likes to nap right on top of the greens. We put up polls with netting and she laughed at that. My rescues are the best but not garden friendly. My G shepherd bites the heads off the watering systems and makes herself a swimming pool. Thankfully, I can laugh it off because she’s such a big bear and deserves all the water fun.

Holidays and a birthday dinner is a challenge. I’m avoiding restaurants as much as possible. I hope you’re feeling great today.

@micaroo4 stay safe on those roads and around the trees.

@laurelfit57 congrats on getting back into your gym clothes. That she exciting. I hope you got that sleep you needed.

@vegan4lyfe2012 sending big hugs for your daughters. I wish them both the best. With all that you have going on, you’re doing well with you no zeros.

@shaunarlr83 CONGRATULATIONS 🎉

If anyone would like an Extra Friend, please send me an invite. I think I need to start using my newsfeed, keep up with others, post some journal entries…I know the support helps a lot. Years ago I was on here, I found it helpful to keep
    in touch with others. I definitely feel it helped me stay on track to losing.

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 That's awesome!!! <3 Congrats! It sounds like you could use that nap.

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's amazing about your dad and 2 of his sisters all having black hair into their 60s! The Skinnydipped treats, yes, are so good! And the package is small enough you can't binge on them. ;) I hope you can find them. Thanks!!! I'm sorry about Hunter's episode. She must be having a really hard time with all the pregnancy hormones and not being able to take her meds. Oh that's good she's going to bottle-feed. That's a great NSV, stopping when you are full. That's awesome you had a small loss even though you were eating out. Great job with your no zero wins!

@micaroo4 That sounds really dangerous. Stay safe!

@Jen_967 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes, I forgot to say I got it for Christmas. I love it! The parsley is starting to sprout but the mint is taking its sweet time lol. Good to know about the mint. That's too bad about the rosemary trees but at least you had them for Christmas. HAHAHA! about the Reggaeton video! Yeah there is no way I would look in the mirror lol. No, it's not easy to make new friends. I only have about 3 friends in San Diego before I met this new one, all of my friends have moved away or we grew apart. I've been trying to find new friends for a while but I'm actually kind of shy around new people. I'm glad you had a great weekend. How are you feeling now? Back at it now, you've got this!

@megnolia82 Take it slow, you don't want to have a relapse!

@AmbersWay I can't figure out how to send you an invite. Please feel free to add me! <3

Hi all. Another good day yesterday. My Tonal app reminded me I scheduled a workout for yesterday and when I got home from work, I really didn't feel like workout out. BUT...I didn't want to miss my scheduled workout so I did the workout! I felt better after doing it. You know how people always say, "You will never regret working out"? Well, I often regret working out lol but not last night.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I worked out, had a healthy dinner, drank 101 oz water, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Random question

I woke up to a friend on my list. JulianaCrispo, who doesn’t sound familiar at all. I’ve only sent out one invite prior to seeing this.

I had friends on here years ago, but when I came back they were inactive for ages, so I removed them.

Anyone else experience this? I know I had to click a few clicks to invite Kat and Troo.

• lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I’ve been keeping up with y’all this week but just now getting the opportunity to post.

@shaunarlr83 - hooray for the weight loss!! You’re rocking it!

@laurelfit57 - Great non scale victory. It’s always a happy day when I feel comfortable in my clothes.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - great job with all your no-zero days. Proud of your daughter #2 making the good choices for her health and for her baby.

@micaroo4 - that storm sounds scary, glad you got your power back!

@Katmary71 - dang it! I also find it challenging when others want to go eat in restaurants that are tempting for me and hard to stay on track. But like you said “Back to it now!!” Sorry to hear your sleep hasn’t been the best. Hope it gets better for you.

@megnolia82 - glad you are feeling a little better and are able to get back to work. Don’t overdo it and take care of YOU!!

@trooworld - nice job getting in the workouts. I could probably use a reminder, like you use, however, I realize my classes, homework and work schedule take up most of my schedule.

With the school semester now in full swing I’m quickly finding it challenging to prioritize exercise. I’m not going to beat myself up though, as I need to be honest with myself in figuring out what’s realistic for exercising. The good thing is I have continued to track my food, stay under calories and drink my water. WIN!

Summary of no-zero days (Thursday - Monday)

Water: got in 6 glasses or more every day
    Tracking food: complete every day
    Under calories: everyday
    Vegetables: everyday
    Exercise: only 1 time, however I’m also counting my 2 work days as exercise because I generally get between 15,000 - 18,000 steps working in the ER
    Journal: everyday

Glad to be part of this group! You all are making a difference in my life and in each others life!!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I was sick all weekend and stayed home from work yesterday. I still don't feel great but came back to work today. I am planning a very low-impact workout this evening, either walking with Leslie Sansone or a light bike ride...something where I can blow my nose frequently!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    We lost the cable/internet this morning, but only for a short time. I went out to get groceries; more downed trees and wires with the road closed; another detour. Now there has been some sun and the temps are above freezing, so the snow and ice is beginning to fall off the trees and wires. The trees are beginning to lift their limbs again, except for those that snapped. I think the danger of more trees falling is past, and now all that remains is to get the power lines back, cut up the trees and haul them away. I thought we had lost the arbor vitae. This morning they looked all stooped over and crushed. But with the melting, they are lifting their heads back up. Another storm is coming tomorrow night. It's supposed to start as all snow, then change over to a mix of freezing rain, then finally all rain. Hopefully it won't crush us like yesterday's storm.
    -Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 – Oh my goodness! I was out of breath just reading about all that destruction! What state/province do you live in?
    @Katmary71 – I’m thinking any kind of fruit and spice tea combo would be yummy for oatmeal. I’ll check in with any new flavors I try. Hope you’re feeling better today!
    @AmbersWay – I agree with you on keeping up with friends on the newsfeed here as well. I was looking at my friend list the other day and there were several people that I used to chat with that haven’t logged in for years (I’ve been on here for over a decade). Made me so sad. I felt like they were actual friends and I’m disappointed in myself for not noticing sooner. Sending you a friend request!
    @trooworld – Your water consumption! Holy tofu! You kicked monkey butt! I’m so proud of you!
    @lrjogger1 – I would definitely count all those ER steps as exercise! I work a desk job, so my average without doing anything extra is only about 4,000. Continued good wishes for your classes!
    For everyone trying to add friends on here, on the website go to “Community” then at the top click on “Find Members” and then put their user name in the search.
    Had a quiet night last night that consisted of relaxing with stamping in my craft room. Our County Administrator gave me a card order for a dozen sympathy cards so they have them on hand, so I started working on those…got 3 done. We have a winter weather advisory issued for Wednesday, so I’ll just stay in and keep on stamping! Wednesdays are my remote work day, so I get to stay home. Perfect timing!
    I bought a couple new beans from Rancho Gordo – Moro and Whipple. Not sure which one I’ll cook up tonight, but it’s time for my bean-of-the-week since I ate the last of my Alubia Blancas the other day. Anyone else a fan of Rancho Gordo heirloom beans? Vaqueros are my favorite – when dry they look like dairy cows! Here’s a picture:
    gsium12ha0lq.jpg

No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: :)
    2. Weigh all food: B)
    3. Log all food: B)
    4. 30 minutes activity: :s
    5. Restaurants 2x: :s
    6. Stop eating when pleasantly full: B)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 139.2
    CW: 139.4

Up a little but it was expected after eating an entire loaf of fruit cake over a week. I finished weeding the cactus garden, I bought some new cactus and planted it. It's looking really good. I have a Bunny Ear cactus that is huge, and it was only 4 inches tall when I planted it. I just need to water and maintain it now. I'll go back to raking and working on the back yard or maybe the small yard across our creek. I picked the last of the pomegranates last week. I love pomegranates. I eat 4 ounces a day. I don't know what fruit I will eat next.
    My doctor's appointment for today was rescheduled to Friday.
    I'm still trying to get homeowners insurance. What a pain that is we just spent $7000 fixing the roof around the chimney and painting the trim round the house and the walk around deck.
    Our friend sent me a selection of different nuts. I love the tangerine / vanilla cashews and macadamia nuts. I just want to eat the entire bag. It's hard to ration them.
    I hope everyone has a good week.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I'm in southern New Hampshire
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 135
    CW: 135.5

Last new lows:
    136 on Oct 18th
    135.5 Dec 10th
    135 Jan 17th
    134.5 Jan 22nd

Of course today’s the day I go up a lb overnight… but another new low achieved this week. I got my 2 workouts in today, loved the Fitwall class. Currently soaking in a hot bath! Hope you all are having a great 2023. I sure am. I have never been this fit and loved working out so much in my life. Stay focused on your goals!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 I'm so glad you made it to work today. Don't overdo it or you could set yourself back, I think it was the right decision to not do a workout especially since you got so many steps and had a long day.

@AmbersWay Haha animals are a bit of a pain with the garden for sure! Traveling definitely makes it tough with the yard, my boyfriend and I have talked of me going there but between my cats and garden it's not as easy then winter I'm not feeling too hot. I accepted the request, thank you! I don't know how that person would become your friend without you accepting a request or sending one but if you don't want her on your list click on her and you'll have the option to remove her.

@trooworld That's funny you being shy around new people, I'm the same way yet we're both pretty outgoing on here. I really wish you lived by me! I'm hanging in there, I slept a little better than I have been lately thank goodness though mostly through naps. Great job getting the workout done!

@lrjogger1 Thank you! Yes tracking, staying under calories, and drinking your water are big wins!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly Oh no, I hope you get over this fast! Isn't nose-blowing considered bicep curls?

@micaroo3 Oh no, I hope the next storm isn't as bad as the first! Be careful and stay warm.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Those are beautiful beans! I spent a few hours on their site when I was making a lot of WFPB meals and the Facebook groups were talking about them, sounds like an amazing company.

@FushiaKat I'd love to see a picture of your cactus garden sometime! My Dad has one, he put a fake skull in the middle of it which looks pretty cool. Those nuts sound amazing, they're definitely a hard one to moderate, good luck!

@happysquidmuffin I love that line “I have never been this fit and loved workout out so much in my life” as I'm so happy for you! Im glad you're in such a great place!

@shaunarlr82 Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's son and your cousin's daughter, that's terrible! It sounds like the museum and hiking was fun, I'm glad you got that in and had a great time. The museum looks awesome and you look beautiful and happy!

Hi team! I met the head of the farm today to return the seeds from when I stayed late planting Friday, felt good to be on the farm but I couldn't stick around with the chill plus I can't pull out tomato plants so it didn't take long! I came home and took a nap and worked out. I slept but kept waking up from nightmares so the naps helped a lot. Back on track with food today thank goodness, the transition is always a little rough when Bill leaves but I'm trying real hard for balance here! Started a new book and did my rainbow challenge on my feed, now I'm going to watch an episode of Yellowstone then head to bed. If I get sleep I'm headed to Costco for storage bins to grow plants in my garden with- not ideal with plastic but the grow bags dried out too fast. Have a great Wednesday team!

No Zero Days
    did cardio, leg strength, and stretching
    on track with calories
    listened to mellow hang drums in the tub and relaxed
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss. The oats were great, Lol, I liked them so much I made some more today. I thought I shared a picture on here. I'm real sorry about your cousins kids, it's especially sad that they are so young. Those pictures are amazing, the one sculpture looks like a glass sculpture. We have a glass museum over in Seattle, maybe this summer I may go over there. I've wanted to for years and just never have. They have the most amazing glass sculptures imaginable.

@AmbersWay I sent you a friend request.

Hey y'all, Didn't get to much accomplished today. I went grocery shopping to get some things for these savory oats. The add ins can also be used the same way for brown rice. It gets boring eating the same old things so, I'm so thankful for the different options. Thank you @Katmary71 Tonight for dinner I made brown rice with andouille sausage, onions, striped bell peppers and normandy veggies. I used olive oil and a little cayenne pepper and sea salt. It was so yummy. The top picture is oats and the bottom picture is brown rice.

This whole waking up early thing isn't going to good. Tonight, I set up the coffee maker to brew automatically, hoping that knowing coffee is making itself will help the "wanting" to get up. Lol, I'm hoping some "incentive" will work.

Y'all have a great evening/day!

z1uoocnmuiif.jpg

47pa6hh0zztn.jpg
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 - Your pictures are amazing! Looks like you had a wonderful day until you received the sad news about the deaths. Very sorry for your losses.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @micaroo4 - Wow, that sounds like quite a storm. I hope there is not too much tree damage- it sounds bad already... and more on the way- yeow!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - {{HUGS}} to you- your kids are leaning on you pretty hard right now. That's what Moms are for. Stay strong! Great job taking care of yourself.

@shaunarlr83 - so sorry about your cousins. Your pix are amazing- what a great day!

I'm a bit scattered right now and life just got busy.......

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay I just realized we are already friends lol. That's probably why I couldn't figure it out. I'm such an airhead! I'm not sure what is going on with that friend of yours, did you have a friend that maybe changed their username? I don't even know if that is possible to do.

@lrjogger1 Congrats on the loss, way to get it done! Sounds like you are a busy lady, I can see why it would be a challenge. I think looking at what is realistic and making small goals would help. That's awesome you are tracking and staying under your cals and drinking your water, way to go! Wow, great step count! Impressive.

@Becoming_A_Butterfly I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Did you do your low-impact workout last night? Feel better!

@micaroo4 Be careful out there.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! I can't believe I drank that much water lol. Thanks for the instructions on how to add friends. I'm jealous you have a craft room!!! I have a craft "corner" lol. How nice to have a big order of cards. Please stay safe in that winter advisory! I'm glad you are staying home. I've never heard of those beans but they are beautiful. Enjoy your new beans!

@FushiaKat I bet your cactus garden looks nice. Pomegranates are so healthy for you. Good luck with the insurance hunt. Have a good week, too!

@happysquidmuffin I hate when that happens! Congrats on the new low! I love your attitude!

@shaunarlr83 Thank you! Oh how sad about your cousin's son. And then the other side's cousin's daughter, I'm so sorry. Ooh that exhibit sounds cool! Sounds like a great day up to the point you got that tragic news. Great pictures, I love the pic of you, you look so happy!

@Katmary71 Yes, people are always surprised to hear it as at work, I am a bit gregarious lol. But I really am awkward around new people. I wish we lived close, too! If I am ever in Northern Cali, I will let you know! I'm glad you slept better. Thanks! By the way, my mint and parsley have started to peek out of their base, so that's good. Sorry about the nightmares. I hope you slept well. Great job with your no zeros!

@DrewsAnna I'm loving seeing your savory oats! They look good. It does get boring eating the same thing. I hope setting the coffee helps. Have a great day!

@Cornanda WHAAAAT? Tell us more! Who is this beautiful creature??? Name? Sex? Occupation? LOL Tell us!!! Congratulations!

Hi all. I decided to take a rest day yesterday, I had logged 171 mins of moderate to vigorous activity the past 7 days and my goal is 150 mins so I considered it a sort of "reward" to take a rest day. Today will likely be a rest day as well as I work all day and then have my Diabetes Prevention webinar tonight. I will hit it hard tomorrow! Food was good until my hand wandered into a bag of chips at dinnertime waiting for my food to heat up. Then it wasn't so good. :/

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I eat healthily all day, drank 85.5 oz water, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. Did you do your low-impact workout last night? Feel better!

No, my nose slammed shut yesterday afternoon, and I have so much pressure behind my eyes that they are burning. I am not feeling much better today. Hoping to hop onto my bike for at least a short ride tonight.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat – I am so sorry about the insurance issue. Hope you can get it resolved soon. I can’t keep cashews in my house. They’d be gone in an instant! Thankfully I don’t have that issue with almonds or walnuts. Weird, I know. I’d love to see a picture of your cactus!
    @micaroo4 – Hope everything clears up soon! We got our snow overnight, but thankfully not as bad as the weatherman said it would be. Still coming down, but soft and pretty. Stay warm!
    @happysquidmuffin – I can feel your happiness radiate! Makes me smile and helps to keep me invigorated – thank you!
    @shaunarlr83 – When I was 14, my great aunt decided she was going to teach me something different each week during the summer. She taught me tatting, crocheting, knitting, cross stitch, card making, fabric painting…and more. My brain could only retain cross stitching and card making. I stopped cross stitching when my kids were little because I just didn’t have the time. Now I don’t have the eyes, plus arthritis. But I’ve kept up with card making ever since then :) Wow…overshared, didn’t I? Love the museum pictures! Very cool. And I am so sorry about your family members. How utterly awful for everyone. Hugs and prayers for all of you.
    @Katmary71 – I know Gordos are super expensive, but one pound makes 6 cups of beans, which can easily make 2 or 3 meals, depending. Like what I made yesterday (pic below) serves 4 people (1 1/2 c each) and it only has 2 cups of beans in it. So yeah, $6 or $7 seems expensive per pound, but it's still cheaper than meat and their beans are heirlooms. So much more complex and better flavor than what you'd get at the grocery store. The vaqueros have remained my number 1 throughout the years, but so far I've loved all of the ones I’ve tried except the Royal Coronas. Those are big and "meaty", but too dry for me. Hunter loves them, along with most Rancho fans. Let me know if you give them a try!
    @Cornanda – Yes, they really are leaning hard. But I know it’s temporary. Still seeing my therapist for help with healthy boundaries. Your new fur baby is the cutest! What's his/her name?
    @trooworld – Sounds like you deserved a little break! Nice job excelling past your goal! And look at you with your water again! I am so proud of you!!!
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly – Virtual hugs! Too bad we can’t cut our noses off when they act stupid like that!
    So last evening I rocked it in the kitchen. I made a pound of Whipple beans in the Instant Pot, threw brown rice in the rice cooker, roasted poblanos in the oven and scorched white corn on the stove. The Whipple beans were scrumdiddlyumptious! Everything was done, I mixed ingredients together (only used 2 cups beans and 2 cups rice…saved the rest for another time). Topped it with guac salsa (jarred…c’mon now), lime juice and tomatoes. Sat down on the couch…then heard a key opening my front door. Surprise visit from son and DIL! Perfect timing…I was able to feed them, too! It was a good day :)
    We’ll see how today goes. Hunter is coming over to do her laundry (children, amirite?) and have tea. Planning on making some oat milk for some chai. Prayers that she doesn’t have an episode. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a successful day! Eat your veggies and drink your water! Here’s a pic of the Whipple bean dish I put together:
    vheqylytc75z.jpg
    No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: B)
    2. Weigh all food: B)
    3. Log all food: B)
    4. 30 minutes activity: :s
    5. Restaurants 2x: :D (not sure why I'm even trying to have this as a goal)
    6. Stop eating when pleasantly full: B)
This discussion has been closed.