Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 and @Cornanda it's so nice to be remembered!

I remember both of you as well!

It's hard for me to stay motivated. The scale wasn't moving and I just got lazy. But without this group the scale moved but the wrong way.

At this age, I need accountability and this group is so supportive.

So glad to be back!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 275
    C. W. 277
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I love my weekend off but I forget to come check in

Weigh-In

Bethanie0825
    Friday
    PW - 242
    CW - 242
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,920 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 @digger61 @megnolia82 Congrats on your losses! WTG!

@shaunarlr83 That's cool that we are close to each other's weight. I think strength training is really helping me, too. The things we see when we don't stop looking, what a beautiful area, you really make me want to get out there and hike! That's cool that your whole family seems like they are getting into health/fitness now, even your nieces! I don't know if that is too much or not? That's great you started your crafting projects, I hope you will share them when you are done! Your no zero wins: you are amazing! I can't believe you went to the gym at 1:30am! Get it, girl!

@AmbersWay Happy 1-month anniversary! You are doing fantastic. You SHOULD be proud! I love my little pirate pug, she's the sweetest thing. I hope you get your hamsters, you sound like the perfect hamster parent! They would be spoiled! Thank you! Congrats on the loss! I have a Renpho scale, too, I love it!

@Katmary71 Okay, good to know. I'll think about it. Thanks! And thanks about the panic attack. I don't get anxiety attacks very often, but they can be pretty debilitating when I do. Yes, I was laughing at my lack of coordination lol. Great job with your no zeros!

@sleepygirl79 Welcome to the team!!! I'm glad you joined.

@19shmoo69 Good morning! Your intro is short but sweet and caffeinated! LOL

@OliviaGarciaSmith Good morning and welcome to the team!!! I hope you have an amazing day.

Hi all. Well, yesterday is a blur. I was so busy running around. Then, remember how I was supposed to do that fun disco workout via Zoom with my best friend? Well, she wasn't feeling well so we rescheduled until next weekend. :/ I SHOULD have worked out but I didn't, in fact, last night, DH and I went for a cheeseburger and a beer and split some fries. But that's okay because up until that point, I had only eaten something like 400 cals for the day so I needed those calories. Today, I am going to work out and then go for a walk later with my DH if it doesn't rain.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I drank 67.6 oz water (not my usual of late but better than it was a few weeks ago!), stopped eating dinner when I was beginning to get full, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Morning all! Just on my way to bed with only one more night shift to go. Yippee! I miss my time with the hubby and the routine of being on days. Thank you everyone for all the encouragement and support. It really means a lot. I have caught up on all the posts now and I love how we reintroduced ourselves. I get to see where everyone is from and find that no matter where in the world we are we all have common goals.
    I didn’t get my steps all in last night but drank my water,didn’t snack and I feel good about myself as a result. We’ll have a great day. I’m off the sleep land.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 149.6
    CW: 148.4
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda - Lisa, I'm currently working on a baby afghan for a coworker when his baby is born in May. Since I'm waiting for more yarn to arrive to finish it, I'm using the leftover yarn in other colors to make a hat or two. And then I'm going to make a stuffed toy, one of my "flat cat" toys for the baby. It won't match the afghan; it will have lots of bright colors. The afghan is more neutral
    -Mica
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    PW: 175
    CW: 177.2

Hello everyone and thank you for the warm welcome.

I am here because over the last yr. I have had many struggles that derailed me and I completely went on a self sabotage of all my hard work. I am looking for a place to help put me back on track, help motivate me and hold me accountable for what I do.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and making friends with each of you.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Cornanda – What a great name! Gus is perfect! And boy oh boy have I ever! I have made almost 20 cards already! Get back on your wagon!
    @shaunarlr83 – I’m not sure the crafting knowledge would come back – we’re talking 35 years ago! Ha! I love all your new February goals and I can feel your excitement! Thank you! I’m so glad you are such a great role model for your nieces. I know you were apprehensive when they first came to live with you, but I think it’s definitely the best thing for them right now. And what a beautiful view during your exploring!
    @Brigit42 – I’m so glad you’re back! Wish I could take my rabbit on shopping trips. Poor thing would be traumatized, tho!
    @trooworld – I’m thinking you may be on to something. To go from such a sedentary life to 30 minutes each day may be a little much for me. Sounds terrible in my mind, though, because anything less that that seems unimportant in my mind. I will update it to 15 minutes. Maybe when the snow and ice is gone, then I’ll want to get out more. How awesome that you hit the lowest weight in this journey! So exciting!
    @micaroo4 – Awesome job balancing your job hours with the work!
    @AmbersWay – Awesome job on your January weight loss! That is incredible!
    @Katmary71 – I think your response to @sleepygirl79 was meant for me tee hee hee I’ll check on bread recipes for the almond pulp. That sounds super yummy! So far, the only thing I’ve found has been to throw it into a smoothie. And for the hydroponic thing, I bought the seeds yesterday and decided to go with Grand Rapids Lettuce (because Grand Rapids is “local” to me), basil and spinach. I don’t think I’d be able to keep up with using chives.
    @sleepygirl79 – Those darn children always mess with our bodies! But seriously, glad you’re here with us!
    @19shmoo69 – Hahahaha! Loose leaf coffee! I love your sense of humor! Good morning and enjoy your caffeine!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I’m Gabi, 51yo, married, 2 kids, desk job, in the un-snowed Northern Virginia, with this group for 2y and love it. I came here before turning 50 with big plans and now I just turned 51 and am in the same place. Actually the scale is but my actions aren’t, and I learned a lot about weigh loss, habit changing and myself.
    My one and only plan for 2023 is every month to weight less than the one before until reaching goal. No numbers associated with this, because I tend to sabotage myself and this loose/open minded approach might just work.
    One month done and it worked.
    Good luck one and all and welcome to all new friends!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

8ftu3h5hcgbc.png
    hwsprraururo.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ixoen43yahty.png

By Pounds
    mtj1zjvuzxdz.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ih1jpaf3zesi.png

By Pounds
    bypw4uradz14.png
    rgclp90iciz3.png

Team Winners
    vck9xbomz8tv.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

zdnmp8hjxo60.png
    fa9u9mzhnr4z.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    zaytlz9n0acx.png

By Pounds
    ukbrks8sd4z9.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    sbfmpql4e28h.png

By Pounds
    demo94xcldsf.png
    dt909biz98rh.png
    qo3nps308e5l.png

Team Winners
    bw8t1u4mjnxg.png
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    @Becoming_A_Butterfly - Congratulations on your weight loss for the month of January!

@shaunarlr83 - Congratulations on your weight loss for January week #4!

• Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Team Winners: @Becoming_A_Butterfly, @lrjogger1 & @AmbersWay. And to the group for getting 2nd place! Seems like everyone is keeping to their goals. <3

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on the leaderboard!
    @minstrelofsarcasm – Just want to make sure your graph shows that I was in the green for the month of January (not showing on the results).
    Felt motivated by the icy cold weather to make soup for lunch…Whipple beans, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, dried chipotle pepper (whole pepper!), and spices. So yummy!
    buwn0ay72bhp.jpg

I made Blender Sauce (friend on MFP shared her recipe) and served it on zoodles with nooch sprinkled on top. Delicious! Throw in a blender, then heat on the stove:
    Blender Sauce
    1.5 cups beans (used Whipple beans)
    1 can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
    1 celery stalk
    1/2 small onion
    1 clove garlic
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    1 tsp dried basil
    1 tsp dried oregano
    Salt and pepper
    Makes 3 cups
    92 calories per 1/2 cup serving
    zvm5944rusvh.png

I also cooked a batch of bulgur for my weekly grain. Cooked it in the rice cooker and added vegan beef broth. Looking forward to using it in place of rice this week :) Ending the day on a positive note!

No Zero Days logging:
    1. Cook bean/grain: B)
    2. Weigh all food: B)
    3. Log all food: B)
    4. 15 minutes activity: B)
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: B)
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 do you have a recipe for that soup? It looks so good!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I posted my weigh in this morning in he january thread, so just to be sure, here it is:

Megnolia82
    Feb week 1 weigh in, Sunday
    SW: 228
    PW: 217.8
    CW: 216

Slow and steady :)
This discussion has been closed.