Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 - Congratulations on the JOB!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When you take a yogurt to work but forget the spoon 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 - CONGRATS and Yahoo on the job! So happy for you. :( that things got you down yesterday- good work on the cake. GREAT weigh in!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - maybe it's just something weird with the start and stop dates. I am counting you in the green for Jan in my book

@txcritter69 - that is a LOT to go through, let alone with no time to process each event. I've been there with my husband. He is not overweight and his approach to managing is much healthier than mine. He often doesn't understand why I can't do it his way- because it doesn't work for me. He is very supportive of my journey and we do just fine as long as he doesn't get too far into acting like my advisor.

@sleepygirl79 - I've eaten yogurt with a butter knife when I do that..... ;)

PS: I came on here to track, and now I didn't track, I'm just doing fun stuff......

Lisa

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 183 Member
    Options

@sleepygirl79 - I've eaten yogurt with a butter knife when I do that..... ;)

PS: I came on here to track, and now I didn't track, I'm just doing fun stuff......

Lisa

[/quote]

I drank what I could then used my granola bar to get the rest. Lol! We need to be creative!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

"I drank what I could then used my granola bar to get the rest. Lol! We need to be creative!"

Definitely! Love this!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 if you have Gmail try tapping on the 3dots. I just tried with an email from my wife. I can block her and report as spam. I didn't but the option was there.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day
    Monday
    PW: 252.6
    CW: 252.4
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,716 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Good luck adding in the vegetables! That was a long time to be down, glad you're coming out of this!

@sleon225 Hi Sarah! Shoot our last group leader did Beachbody and loved it, too bad she isn't here as it sounded so fun! I remember someone else was doing it too but don't remember who it was now? I can't wait to hear how you like it. I'm honestly not sure with the group issue what to do so I'll let someone else respond to that.

@Tamevv Great we look forward to seeing you soon, keep up the great work!

@micaroo4 Thank you for reminding me about the cold, I forgot to cover one of the only succulents still outside! Stay warm my friend and good luck with inventory. Congratulations on 90lbs down, that's incredible!

@Brigit42 It was funny do you remember @AustinRuadhain? We're still friends on our feed but she's no longer in the group, I always give her credit for it though since she's the one who got me started with it. Another friend wanted to do it and if you ever want to we can start one again. I volunteer at the food bank farm and it sells boxes to neighbors the the rest goes into donations and I've been nagging the farm manager that we need all different colors for the boxes!

@trooworld Don't forget lots of water too, I think if you do all that exercising water will be easier!

@ljogger1 @shaunarlr83 @AmbersWay congratulations on 30lbs down!

@shaunarlr83 Hugs my friend, sounds like a stressful day and you may have needed that cry if you slept so well after! You've been through a lot and you're helping a lot of people right now, it has to be overwhelming sometimes. Read back what you wrote and you'll see all the goodness in that post too!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That's a beautiful lettuce, just Googled it! Congratulations on being in the green, sounds like there's a mistake somewhere and you should be proud of it. Bulgur is used in Armenian cooking a lot but of course that's Mediterranean which you didn't want or I'd pull out my Armenian church cookbook and fire off a pilaf recipe for you!

@laurelfit57 Oh no, I get that about sleep issues and hormones. Sounds like you're having fun with your classes, keep up the great work!

@txcritter69 Hi Sandy! Congratulations on your 10 year anniversaries of both your heart attack and quitting smoking. I gained a lot too quitting, it's hard plus you want to keep eating since you're used to having something in your mouth! I'm so sorry about your mom and your dog, I can't imagine your husband being sick on top of that too. I'm glad you joined us, you're obviously a fighter! Have fun picking up groceries and stay warm.

@sleepygirl79 oh no, what did you do, were you hungry enough to slurp it or use your fingers? Haha just saw you kind of did that, the granola bar was a great idea!

Hi team, hope everyone had a great day! I got caught up on work and had a great workout then went around to get boxes and it didn't go very well but I was invited to try a spin class. I was dying to do it but made myself leave, I know I wouldn't listen to my body and push through it and be miserable later if I did, maybe after I get the stimulator if that ever happens. I did manage to break another booty band, friends on here recommended some to me so I'll see if I can find them after my bath. Have a great Tuesday gang!

No Zeros
    great workout (cardio, doubled sets in low body weights, and stretching)
    nice water intake (and I have Diet Pepsi in the house too and am actually moderating!)
    good day with food. I had to harvest all my bok choy as it was bolting and it's small and incredibly good!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    👏🏻CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who made the boards👏🏻

…and to everyone who had a loss and those who have kept going this week.

Wow! I popped on to track my calories and had all these notifications. Our team did amazing this week!!! Well done everyone. I was amazed that I made the boards. Wohoo! Thanks for the cheers!

Ok, I am behind. So many good post in the last 24 hours. Catch up time.

@GabiV125 I love your idea of weigh less each month. No daily/weekly pressure is helpful for those of us that daily weigh ins

@Katmary71

@megnolia82 I hope you’re feeling better and that the veggies were easy on you.

@sleon225 welcome back to MFP. The group really does bring the encouragement thats needed on the off days. Plus all the tips are so helpful. I also like having accountability. Enjoy your programs and let us know how your doing.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I’m not vegan but your recipes are making me consider to include vegan days. Yum!!! Congrats on your staying in the green. You had a great week! 💚

@micaroo4 I hope you’re staying warm and safe. My mom was telling me that they got some snow in Indiana but it’s not much. Congrats on your 90lb loss ❤️❤️❤️ That brought me the biggest smile. I love to see everyone doing well.

@trooworld I’m so glad you post your water oz daily, it motivates me.

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on the new job! how great to enjoy dessert while keeping it under control. I think when we eat healthier, the junk food loses its appeal. Look at your WI this week. Well done!

I hope you block your ex, don’t give him power to bring you down. Remove yourself by taking back your control. You deserve your peace ❤️

@txcritter69 my heart felt your introduction so much. I’m sorry for the loss of your mother and your furry friend. Well wishes for your husbands continued good health.

I never thought about an anniversary of surviving my heart attack. It’s definitely something we should celebrate. We should celebrate our health, shouldn’t we? 😉

Bless your husband for trying to encourage you. Mine use to try and it never came out right. We discuss when it involves cooking, and he has thrown in a you look thinner. We stop there. 😂

————-

Ok I think I am caught up some.

• AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My no zeros…

I got the fridge cleaned out. About to start a pantry challenge to clean it out by cooking only from it except bringing staples.

I stayed within my calories yesterday while enjoying a great meal and a sweet.

I found the cutest sticky notes for tracking water and LAUGHS 😂
    We should track our happy giggly moments.

Not so zeros, I didn’t get all my water in yesterday.

Ladies, I see posts about chair exercises, what are you using to do these, besides the chair? I can’t lift anything above 10lbs, can’t do extreme bending, or intense exercises due to a medical issue. So I need something to do besides walking. Last time I lost weight l went to the gym daily but now with my limitations, I don’t want to invest in a gym membership.

• lrjogger1
    lrjogger1 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay - what a great feeling eat a great meal and a sweet and still be under calories for the day. Love the idea of the pantry challenge.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,085 Member
    Options
    @Brigit42 Yeah it's really helpful, I think. Thank you!

@shaunarlr83 LOL you can always make your own healthier-style burger at home! Hikerbabes, that sounds like a fun group. Santa Clarita??? Did they think you lived in CA? LOL I can't wait to hear about your adventures! Aww, thank you. I love to celebrate with everyone! <3 I'm sorry about how your day ended. I think you did really well with the cake, awesome! Congrats on that loss AND super congrats on the new job, can't wait to hear about it!!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am super proud of you, you consistently lose and are a great cheerleader here! I love those graphics, too. I hope I can always find them for everyone's losses...I find them on Google and save them so I can use them later lol. Girl, you know I've got your bulgur recipes lol:

Instant Pot Minestrone Soup (I made, it's delish) - https://pinchofyum.com/instant-pot-minestrone-soup
    Mega Veggie Chili (never made) - http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2017/07/mega-veggie-vegan-chili.html
    Dreena's No-fu Love Loaf (never made) - http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/04/dreenas-no-fu-love-loaf.html
    Instant Pot Pumpkin Walnut Chili (never made) - https://pinchofyum.com/instant-pot-chili

@laurelfit57 Look at you, checking in from the gym! Go, Laurel!

@txcritter69 It sounds like you've been through a lot these past few years. Congrats on your husband getting a clean bill of health. Thank you for sharing your story. I definitely agree with @AmbersWay, we should celebrate our health. HUGS! Good luck at the store!

@sleon225 Oh bummer! I'm not sure, maybe you can choose which team you want to be in and maybe @BroncoBuddee can give us some guidance?

@sleepygirl79 Girl, do what the cavepeople would do and either use your hands or slurp it lol!!! I'm sorry that happened. It's happened to me, too. I'm glad you found a solution.

@Cornanda Go get to trackin'!

@Jen_967 Congrats on the loss, every little bit helps!

@Katmary71 OH girl, I'm floating in my water consumption lol. I drank 126.8 oz of water yesterday! LOL Congrats on a great workout. I'm glad you listened to your body about the spin class. Great no zeros!

@AmbersWay We did do amazing! And so did you!!! I'm glad my water motivates you, it keeps me accountable! Yes, celebrate health AND happiness! @Katmary71 is your gal about the chair exercises.

@lrjogger1 Thank you! Roasted garlic parm brussels sprouts sound awesome. Recipe link? Awesome no zeros!

Hi all. I am floating from all that water I drank yesterday. I think what has made me increase my water intake is tracking it in my Samsung Health app. I love seeing the number go up. Speaking of going up, my weight jumped up 1.4 lbs overnight. I know it fluctuates daily but it still bothered me lol. I feel the momentum of the group, we are on a roll, let's keep it up!!!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I drank 126.8 oz water, did a strength training workout, ate a date when I was craving something sweet, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm – Just want to make sure your graph shows that I was in the green for the month of January (not showing on the results).

@vegan4lyfe2012

Hi!

The spreadsheet shows that you were in the green for three of the four weeks in January (weeks 2-4). All of the names mentioned in the results post were in the green every single week. So while you had a net loss during the month of January (congrats, by the way!), you did not have a loss every single week.

I hope that clears it up. Best of luck in February!

Ashley

I guess I don't understand because I am looking at my weigh ins and it seems like I was:
    cwmkvraxnhm3.jpg
    My apologies.

@vegan4lyfe2012

Got it, I see where the miscommunication was. Being "in the green" also includes your starting weight BEFORE your first weigh-in. And since the first week was shown as a gain, it wasn't counted. Here's what the spreadsheet shows for your first week of January, including your starting weight (the green box).

so7egld33yaj.png

But seriously, as everyone has been saying, your loss has been impressive and you should be so incredibly proud of yourself. A technicality is definitely nothing to be caught up on.
  • lrjogger1
    Options
    Here’s the link to the recipe for the Brussels Sprouts. I didn’t have whole garlic so I used minced garlic and I used finely shredded parmesan vs grated. It still turned out so yummy.

https://www.errenskitchen.com/the-best-brussels-sprouts-of-your-life/
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@laurelfit57 - I need to find a way to prioritize this group! It’s my favorite but so hard to do in a house full of people that are already talking to me and I feel rude looking at my phone 😂

@txcritterd69 - it’s great to know you more, I’m so sorry for all of the hardships. I do hope you find the rind support and motivation here. I sure did!!!

@sleon225 - I added you as a friend so we can stay connected no matter where you end up!

@19shmoo69 - I’m still using my yahoo email from when I was 18! 🤣🤣🤣 I really hate change!

@Katmary71 - I need to go digging through boxes to find my bands! I’m scared to use mine as they are a few years old and faded in color now but I know my daughter left a brand new set and I have those packed away somewhere. Thank you for your words!!! 🥰🥰🥰

@AmbersWay - thank you! I’ve sent him straight to spam so no notifications. I actually never checked my email before I was trying to find a job and now that I have and they don’t even communicate through email I think I will just sign out of it altogether for a bit! 💡🧐 My mom is kinda constrained to a chair until she builds her strength back up, we were just doing mainly stretching so just body weight. The last round she moved up to using a band and actually got up and stood for some of it using the chair as support. I stuck with body weight only and focused on my form and keeping my muscles flexed. I lift heavy at the gym but I still feel the workout when I drop the weights completely.

@lrjogger1 - I have had those Brussels sprouts before!!! So good! Great jobs hitting your goals daily!

@trooworld - It’s an Oregon based group so maybe they only do West Coast meet ups? I still haven’t asked but I plan on it today! I super excited about the job. They said I can go to the lab and learn how to draw blood if I want to or one of them can teach me. I love doing a variety of things as opposed to the same thing over and Uber and this job sounds like it will be a very wide variety of tasks! Plus I get to wear cute scrubs 😍 I track my water in a water app too! I’ve tried several times to get friends on there but no one has ever seemed interested. It even reminds me throughout the day and that has saved me at times. I plan to hit that goal everyday in February!

I’m still trying to log in at night and report my no zeros! Why is it so hard? Lol February my main focus will be logging in regularly and trying my best to log all food consumption.

We got our first round of sleet yesterday morning and the hospital called and said I could reschedule the interview if I wanted but I didn’t! I wanted to get the ball rolling ASAP, and I hate the anticipation of appointments or deadlines. It wasn’t terrible driving and I’m so glad I chanced the icy roads and got the job. It really wasn’t an interview at all more of a “this is the job, it’s yours if you want it”! I’ll only work Wed, Thurs, and Friday nights with every other Saturday thrown in. That 4th day will always be overtime pay. I was so happy with this schedule bc my hiking friend always has Mon and Tuesdays off and every other Sunday!! We’re planning more hikes together this year. One being finishing a thru hike we started 2 years ago (section hiking it only)!!!! This schedule also will not effect the times I have with my kids much and I can still make church with my mom. It will mess up dinner and breakfast with my little brother but I’ve been skipping the breakfast anyway so not a huge deal.

My mom and sister went from not speaking or being around each other a month ago to now she’s staying here for a few days while her new place gets a few things fixed so she can move in. Mom didn’t want to see her or the two little girls fighting the frigid temps this week and she had to be out of the place she was in by today but got into an argument with her roommate and decided to leave two days early. No school for any of the girls right now until the next two waves of winter weather pass. My son has been staying with his friends closer to work and my daughter has been staying at her dads this week, all because of the weather forecast. So I’m here in a house full of girls slowly going crazy!!! 😂😂😂

They are so fun and cute but I’m still trying to maintain my composure once my patience runs out.

I went to the gym last night just to walk on the treadmill and watch my show since it’s too cold out and finished off with some work on the rowing machine.

I’ve stuck to only weighing on my Monday weigh days here but tomorrow I will weigh again and remeasure to update my logs. Think I will put together some progress pics!!! They are my favorite!!!

NO ZERO DAYS WINS!!
    Ate great!
    Went to the gym!
    Bettered my future by finding work!
    Crafted
    Made healthy dessert instead of letting the girls eat more cake.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm – Just want to make sure your graph shows that I was in the green for the month of January (not showing on the results).

@vegan4lyfe2012

Hi!

The spreadsheet shows that you were in the green for three of the four weeks in January (weeks 2-4). All of the names mentioned in the results post were in the green every single week. So while you had a net loss during the month of January (congrats, by the way!), you did not have a loss every single week.

I hope that clears it up. Best of luck in February!

Ashley

I guess I don't understand because I am looking at my weigh ins and it seems like I was:
    cwmkvraxnhm3.jpg
    My apologies.

@vegan4lyfe2012

Got it, I see where the miscommunication was. Being "in the green" also includes your starting weight BEFORE your first weigh-in. And since the first week was shown as a gain, it wasn't counted. Here's what the spreadsheet shows for your first week of January, including your starting weight (the green box).

so7egld33yaj.png

But seriously, as everyone has been saying, your loss has been impressive and you should be so incredibly proud of yourself. A technicality is definitely nothing to be caught up on.

@minstrelofsarcasm – thank you so much for the explanation! Obviously I didn’t realize the starting weight. Have a Terrific Tuesday!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 – Why did you have to stop HRT? Is there any herbal option? And darn those early birds! They need to stay away until 2 minutes before class time!
    @txcritter69 – Welcome aboard! I am so sorry about your mother and fur-baby. And then the added stress over your husband. But good job quitting smoking – I feel that pain. I quit 17 years ago, but still want one every once in a while. Never going to start over from Day 1 again, though. It was definitely a catalyst for some weight gain for me, too. But we are definitely healthier now!
    @shaunarlr83 – WOOT WOOT! Congrats on the job! I have Comcast email, so it’s super easy to block someone on there.
    @Cornanda – I didn’t think about start and stop dates. I was going by all the Sundays in January. But thank you!
    @sleepygirl79 – So glad you had that granola bar “spoon”! I’ve used a yogurt lid before as a makeshift spoon – just curled the sides up and shoveled it in! Hunter made me a little “car food kit” – plastic forks and spoons, napkins and a 4 pack of cheap plastic containers. That way, any time we are hungry we can stop at a foot mart and just eat in the car. I just have to remember to put the containers back in the car after washing them. Comes in handy because there are several times that we’ve needed them.
    @19shmoo69 – How very nice of you to not block your wife! You crack me up!
    @Katmary71 – It IS pretty lettuce. I’ll take your Armenian pilaf recipe if you want to share it :) And nice job breaking another band, Superwoman!
    @AmbersWay – It never hurts to replace a meat meal with a bean meal! I love sticky notes – what does yours say?
    @lrjogger1 – Thank you! And good job on your No Zero Days! I know you’re disappointed, but you still had a nice loss this week!
    @trooworld – I never doubted you for a minute! I knew you’d have some bulgur recipes for me! I don’t have much success with loaves, so I’m super excited to try that No-fu Love Loaf…and I already have all the ingredients! I also have everything on hand to make the Mega Veggie Chili and Pumpkin Walnut Chili :) I hadn’t ever thought of adding bulgur to Minestrone…that’s very intriguing. Thanks bunches! And Wowsers on your water intake! I am thrilled! You’re drinking about the same that I do :) Your weight gain was probably all water!

I really struggled yesterday. Ate my oatmeal for breakfast, leftover soup for lunch, banana for a snack, then went to PT and didn't get home until 6pm. I was famished. I popped some popcorn (air popper) for dinner and vegged out. Then at 8pm I found myself craving pasta salad. I swear the entire time I was filling the pot with water, turning on the stove, adding the macaroni, setting the timer, then draining it and rinsing it, I just kept saying to myself, "Why are you doing this? You've been doing such a good job and this is going to make you gain 5 pounds!". But I continued on...diced celery, diced onion, mixed it with my mayo...decided I wanted more "oompf" so added Mexican blend Daiya and bakon pieces. And proceeded to eat probably 2 or 3 servings. Made myself sick. Like seriously. What is wrong with me? Internal dialog telling me not to throughout the whole episode! Well, my peeps, today I want nothing to do with pasta. I just want a huge salad. Today is a new day and I will not beat myself up for this. Hanging on by my fingernail.

No Zero Days logging for yesterday:
    1. Cook bean/grain: :)
    2. Weigh all food: :(
    3. Log all food: :)
    4. 15 minutes activity: :(
    5. Stop eating when pleasantly full: :s

2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!
  • lrjogger1
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 - I’m so excited for you in your new job in the ER. I love working in the ER as a tech. I get to do so many different things from starting IV’s to blood draws to assisting the ER doc with stitches to helping get vitals for a patient who was having a heart attack and preparing her to go to cath lab for angioplasty and on and on. The variety and pace in this job is perfect for me. But I’m also never alone in my work. The nurses, docs, and techs all help each other. I love the teamwork. And the experience is giving me a huge boost in nursing school. It’s not all roses in the ER because there are some very sick people and sad situations but I always try to find ways to comfort people or encourage them or just be kind. It makes all the difference.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - oh lady, I’ve totally done that too, where I just keep making something and eating too much of it while questioning myself. Glad your TODAY self wants nothing to do with it and is now craving salad!! Way to not let the short lived craving yesterday sabotage today. WIN!!

This discussion has been closed.