dt909biz98rh.png
    qo3nps308e5l.png

Team Winners
    ryo2dch89raj.png
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    IDebraK wrote: »

Also, our daughter is getting married in November so it's an another good incentive to get in shape :)

Weddings are great incentives. My daughter is getting married in October. She picked my outfit. I am wearing this... I'm 4'11" so I won't have the same long flowy legs as the model in the picture, but I would like to have the same middle section and no bat-wing arms.
    bci1q2ec0bhm.jpg

That's an amazing outfit! I'm sure it will look great on you 👍
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @BlueSkyNomad WOW. What a gorgeous outfit. But being a fellow short person (I might have an inch and a bit on you!) it could be good to have a little shawl or layer in case it gets cold or you're not yet sure about your upper arms. No matter how good shape you are in, as we get older, the skin is looser even if the muscle is tight!

I doubt I'll be mother of the bride (or groom!) - my kids are kind of stubborn about formalizing relationships (as I was until age 41!) (and my first kid was born when I was 38!) - but it sure would be fun to have an excuse to find a somewhat spectacular thing to wear. You'll rock that thing to the max! Stick with it here, keep to your commitments, and it will be amazing. Even if you don't live up to your own ideal, it will be amazing. Enjoy it no matter what!
  • jugar
    Options
    SO! A new month is under way, I am, as usual, slow with the early-week reminders.

The Sunday peeps always get taken by surprise because I'm so busy trying to finish up the previous week's tallies! Then the Monday folks have to dive right in and get it done. But don't forget, you get to start working on next week right away. The rest of us are stuck working on this week still :smiley:

Sunday - Monday weigh-ins:
    @ells_bellz (I know you just weighed in - if you need the week off, let me know!)
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MoonlitMuse
    @cleaneater80
    @cybernurse251

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    IDebraK wrote: »
    Happy February Everyone!
    A little more about me ...
    My name is Debra. I live in Georgia (the state, not the country - U.S.) I have a small "farm". I'm not sure how many chickens I have. I know it's a lot. I also have 9 turkeys, 15 ducks, 3 goats, an emu, a ferret, 6 dogs, and 10 cats (but we feed all of the feral cats- so more than 10). We've started naming the feral cats now.
    Together, my boyfriend and I have 4 children and 4 grandchildren.
    I work full time as a Merchandiser for Tractor Supply Monday through Thursday. Fridays are for grandbabies.

I will be posting all official stats for weigh-in tomorrow.
    You have an emu. I have had ducks, goats, sheep, pigs, rabbits, horses, dogs, cats - but never an emu. So cool!!
    I'm 51 years old and working towards getting healthy and fit so I can keep my independence and enjoy the life when I'm older. Unfortunately, some family members suffering ill health which could be prevented and that makes me keen to get fit to prevent this happening to me.

101.5 kg or 224 lbs is the heaviest I've been and I can feel the strain I'm putting on my body: getting out of breath, pain in my knees, struggling to jog and finding clothes to wear that hide the rolls of fat!

I'm not very good at participating at groups but determined to change this and make sure I come here every day to support others and be supported on our journey to health and fitness.
    So much to unpack here! First and foremost - you are 51. I got serious about health and fitness things around that age, took until several years later to really make it work, and now I'm 69 and feeling amazing. Do NOT give up! You can do this!

Secondly, you say you are not very good at participating in groups. I was not either - but the only way to get good at it is to do it. There will be times you do not feel like it, but (like exercise and eating well!), you will rarely regret it when you take the few minutes to make it happen. I'm so glad you're here! I hope you stick to it, even if there are times you hate it. And there will be...
    39flavours wrote: »
    Hello team, I'm really glad to be here and will do my best to contribute regularly.

A bit about me... I'm Rowan, I'm 42 and live in Northamptonshire in the Midlands of England. I live with my husband of 10 years and my 19 year old daughter, who is preparing to fly the nest, plus my two cats Barty and Leesa.

I am not employed currently as I have been spending the last few years completely renovating our house, which I have loved and has taught me many new skills but now I need to be figuring out what to do next with my life. Prior to that I was a HLTA (higher level teaching assistant) for 10 years and prior to that, a cabinet maker for 8 years.

The last few years have flown by, what with the weird situation of the pandemic and me being so busy at home, it's taking me a while to get used to the new normal.

I have always battled with my weight, even more so as I have got older. As a natural introvert, 2020 saw me getting far too comfortable with the social isolation of lockdown and by summer 2021 I was up to my highest weight of 180lbs, and miserable. So I became determined and by Christmas 2021 I had lost 40lbs! Then, in 2022, self sabotage struck, and I regained 25lbs, back up to 165. That's 25lbs gained in a year, wow, it's so easy to slip back! I restarted my weight loss 2 weeks ago and have quite quickly lost 7lbs :)
    So here I am, back on mfp, trying again. The issue I'm facing is I don't feel quite so enthusiastic this time. Maybe it's the time of year making me feel lazy? Or maybe it's that I find dieting a bit boring. My husband and I enjoy eating and drinking together, so finding something new to do together that we both enjoy is a challenge. We like to travel a lot and have recently officially become residents of Portugal, with the aim of applying for citizenship in a few years. This was a decision we made due to Brexit and wanting to retain our EU citizenship. So I am spending a lot of time flying between UK and Portugal, and studying to pass the Portuguese language test required for citizenship.

So anyway, that's why this F2F challenge appeals to me so much, something to get my teeth into and people to be inspired by and be accountable to!

Thanks for having me, and good luck to everyone!

Ro
    Another reluctant but game person! This is great. Not feeling enthusiastic is OK. Paying attention to diet is boring for a long time, until you stick with what works for you for a good while. Then you feel how well it works, and it isn't so boring, although there are always challenging times. You'll find a way, I hope! It is worth it. SO worth it. Put your teeth into it, hear our voices in your head, and never stop experimenting. If something does not work, change one thing. You'll find your own personal formula. Then you can write a book about it as if it should work for every single human being, and get rich!! :lol:

It is great to have everyone aboard. Keep posting, figuring things out, and pushing each other a bit. It is hard, but good.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thank you for the words of wisdom! I'm definitely not going to give up, no matter how slow or how boring it gets.

Just checking- My weigh in day is Thursday so do I just put a message here with my new weight on that day?
  • jugar
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    @jugar Thank you for the words of wisdom! I'm definitely not going to give up, no matter how slow or how boring it gets.

Just checking- My weigh in day is Thursday so do I just put a message here with my new weight on that day?
    Yes indeed! Just be sure to put it right at the top of your post (or in its own message) so that I don't miss it. If you also want to include your previous weight (from last week), it can be good to share your progress (or frustration!), but it is not essential.

If ever you need a week off due to illness, vacation, or anything, just ask and you can be excused for the week. If you're a day or two late it is not a big deal, but always be sure to weigh in by the end of Saturday. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Greetings from Costa Rica!!
    Will still be checking in but less frequently over the next three weeks.
    Caught up on reading the latest of Jan thread - will catch up on Feb soon.
    Welcome to new members.. I am co-captain of this lovely team, married to fellow member @bowens1973 .. and I run the step challenge!

Have an absolutely fabulous time!!! If you want someone else to collect exercise stats, just let me know. You should be completely focused on your special time.
This discussion has been closed.