Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 We're happy to have you here!

@19shmoo69 Hey just pass the coffee around and everyone will adore you! Tea for those who don't care for it!

@AmbersWay Way to go!

@shaunarlr83 I bet the gym was empty at that time, must've been nice! Nice pampering, you deserve it!

@OliviaGarciaSmith Good morning my friend, looks like you'll probably see this in your morning so have a great day!

@Cornanda Is there anything we can do to help you get back on track? Here we go into another month!

@Brigit42 We're definitely glad you're back! I remember the smiling dog, you'll have to get some shots of shopping trips together and share!

@bethanie0825 Glad you had a nice weekend off!

@trooworld I hope you and your husband were able to go for that walk. The dinner last night sounds delicious!

@tammymccrady6278 The monthly introductions are great as you learn things you may not have known about each other or things you forgot each time we do them. I try to do them fresh each month but I'm sure I say almost the same thing every time! One more night shift and routine is back! It's hard being off routine, way to go on water and not snacking, you're still doing great despite being busy.

@laurelfit57 You're doing great my friend!

@txcritter69 Hi there, if there's anything we can do to help you please let us know! You'll find the majority of things we're struggling with individually if we're brave enough to share chances are someone here has had some experience with it and may be able to help you. I hope this group is exactly what you need.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Happy veganversary! Green for an entire month is amazing, way to go! No Wishes is a great motto to live by! Glad you figured out my mistake, I must've combined the posts, sorry about that. Smoothies is a good idea! I'll have to Google Grand Rapids Lettuce, aside of the ones in the store I don't really know them well. All of your food looks and sounds amazing!

@GabiV125 I think that's a great goal to weigh less each month without the pressure, glad your first month of this went well for you.

Go Slimpossibles, we're 1st place for the last week of the month by percentage and pounds, woot woot! Pretty awesome our team is down 16.5lbs!

@shaunarlr83 @digger61 @lrjogger1 Way to go you three, amazing!

Mission Slimpossibles in 2nd place for January, awesome job! A total of 91.8lbs lost is incredible gang!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly @lrjogger1 @AmbersWay way to go top team winners!

So many four weeks in the green too, awesome job!

Hi team, another weekend down and time to conquer both another week and another month in a few days. I had a good workout then spent some time harvesting my pok choy as it was starting to flower aready then made dinner and took a long bath. Lots of kitty cuddles today, they love the heating throw I got for Christmas year before last so I've been real popular to sit with this afternoon. I have some work to get done tomorrow and need to pick up the boxes from businesses for the senior card program so I need to get up early to work out first. Any new February goals? I'm doing a friend's rainbow challenge but I want a workout one, I'll probably do an ab challenge and do a workout video each day next month. Have a great Monday!

No Zeros
    Did cardio, weights, and stretching
    Ate on plan and under calories (have a ton of salad stuff and now all this pok choy, I'm going to turn into a leafy green!)
    Did well on water/tea
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m here, and should be back to regular from next week. Weigh in was Friday, sorry for the tardiness:

PW:74.9
    CW: 74.8
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,155 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Starting my NO ZERO DAY off with some yoga and then heading off to work early. This is a tough week at work for me, because it's the end of the month. I'll have to do inventory on Wednesday, which means going in really early (like 4:00am). I may have to work a 4-day week this week, or at least work part of the day on Tuesday to be ready for inventory on Wednesday morning. It will depend on what I get done today.
    It might snow tonight but not more than an inch, just nuisance snow. There's no appreciable snow in the upcoming 7 day forecast, just brutal cold. I'll have to find my gaiter so I can cover my face when I'm out for my lunchtime walks. It looks like much of the US is going to be in the deep freeze for a while. Stay warm everyone!
    -Mica
  • Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 I'll definitely post some pictures of her. Glad to see you're doing the rainbow challenge that was so much fun!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm going to make that soup. It looks delicious!

@micaroo4 The cold weather is awful but I do like snow, in small doses. Spring will be here soon.

Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight):137.4 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 137.4 lbs.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 - that's cool about your crochet project. I recently finished an afghan I started a long time ago and I have another to finish, but it's just sitting there. Probably time to pick it up and get going. I believe there are several crocheters in the group, although I'm not sure if I count since I have not been faithful at it in a long time.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,015 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Woo hoo! Look at us, first place by percentage and lbs lost!!! AND we got 2nd place for the month overall, wow!!! Thanks for leading the way, @shaunarlr83, @digger61, @lrjogger1, @Becoming_A_Butterfly, and @AmbersWay! Way to get on the leaderboard! A special shout-out to those members in the green all four weeks: @vegan4lyfe2012 @AmbersWay, @megnolia82, @DrewsAnna, @Ftofit, that is not easy to do!

@micaroo4 Congrats on 90 lbs lost, amazing!

@lrjogger1 @shaunarlr83 @AmbersWay 30 lbs down, way to go!!!

@tammymccrady6278 That's great that you will be on days. I also love the reintroductions. Great no zero wins, Tammy.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss!

@txcritter69 Welcome to the team!!! I look forward to getting to know you.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Did they miss you in the "In the Green" section??? I'm sorry. Congrats! I like your new mantra! Yeah I suffer from all-or-nothing thinking, too. I had to get over that. Looking over the No Zero Days material helped me. It must be hard with that snow. Thanks! Congrats on the loss!!! Your soup looks yummy. What an easy and yummy sauce! Good job with your no zeros!!!

@sleepygirl79 Way to go!!!

@megnolia82 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 No, sadly it was raining! The stew was amazing. Aww, kitty cuddles, I love it! I have no new Feb goals besides 150 mins of moderate to intense activity a week, 3X a week strength training workouts. Great no zeros!

@sleon225 Hi and welcome to the team!!! I think some people here do Beach Body or used to.

@Tamevv Welcome back!

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday. All goals were met. Have a wonderful day!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I drank 92.9 oz water, did a strength training workout, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Brigit42
    Brigit42 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday. All goals were met. Have a wonderful day!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I drank 92.9 oz water, did a strength training workout, and tracked everything.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

@trooworld I love the "no zero day" mindset. You're consistent with healthy choices. Very inspirational!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@AmbersWay - Amazing first month progress!!!! 🥳

@tammymccrady6278 - it’s good to know there are still really great guys out there and I’m glad you found one! I love your goals!! You can do this! Hope your last late shift goes by quick and you enjoy getting back into routine!

@Katmary71 - no I haven’t been there. Although I have been to Seattle a few times I never got to get out and do anything. One day though…

@sleepygirl79 - you sound a lot like me although I’ve been with MFP and on and off the weightloss train for 13 years now! Last year I reached my highest ever and it surprisingly came from my kids graduating HS. I really wasn’t prepared for how hard that would hit me. I hope you figure out what triggers you and start seeing results soon!!!

@19shmoo69 - hi Darren it’s nice to meet you. Where do you find that Coffee stuff!? Not sure I’ve ever heard of it….(chuckles as she sips hers black) 😉 let us know how the gym and protein diet are going!!

Good Morning @OliviaGarciaSmith I hope you had a fantastic day!

@Cornanda - Lisa I love that term…adultish 😂 definitely stealing that for when I refer to my kids! Thank you sweet friend! I’m getting so excited!

@trooworld - now I’m craving a burger lol it’s not your fault though I believe that’s my most craved food besides sweets! I just joined Hikerbabes and they stuck me in the Santa Clarita group 😂😂😂 I gotta find out why that mistake was made but hey if they wanna help figure out a way that I can get out there to hike with them I’ll definitely go!!! 🤣

@vegan4lyfe2012 - thank you for your beautiful words! Great loss this week, going green all month is another goal I forgot to type out!!! So cool you did it!! That’s looks so amazing!!!

@GabiV125 - Great in hitting your January goal!!! The weather has been odd everywhere this year. We’ve had really beautiful weather until today, it’s biting cold and an ice storm is headed our way!

@Becoming_A_Butterfly - I love that you are the January Winner!!! 🥳🥳🥳 It’s going to get easier my friend!! One day at a time! 💜💜💜

@megnolia82 - im so happy you seem to be on the mend finally!!

@sleon225 - So happy to have you here. I’m on Beachbody but I haven’t really been utilizing the workout programs. My daughter and I have been going to the gym, I do use Muscle Burns Fat Day 7 Dynamic Recovery for my stretching workouts. It’s my all time favorite workout and I never thought I would say that about stretching. I also follow my coaches Facebook support group and she gives us additional daily challenges. Those are my go toos for now since my workouts vary so widely. My schedule might be switching up a bit soon. Not sure if I’ll get back to the programs more consistently or not.

@trooworld - Thank you for always making us feel special when we make the leaderboards and hit a milestone!!!!

@Tamevv - glad you’ll be back to regular soon!!

@micaroo4 - Stay safe and warm and I love that you have no intentions to stop the walks no matter the temps!!! 😍

It was a bit too cold for my super cute outfit yesterday so I layered some tights underneath. Spent the day with my family, loved having both of my kids her for most of it. Didn’t skip the cake and ice cream but had the smallest piece I’ve ever eaten and a half a spoon of ice cream and we ended up skipping dinner after a huge lunch. (Fish and salad.) I had a bit of a meltdown last night. I believe it was a combination of a disappointment early in the day, my little brother seems bummed and having anxiety issues and I felt bad for him, my ex was blowing up my email (need to learn to ignore him and not read what he says…it always brings me down) and then I ended my night watching my 3 youngest nieces while my mom helped my sister move out of the place she been staying. I’m not sure why I can spend all day with the little ones but something is triggered when I’m left to watch them. My patience is completely depleateded after dealing with my ex for so long. I went to bed crying but slept pretty well. Going to brave the incoming sleet to get this appointment over with! I’ll check back in later hopefully with good news!!!

NO ZERO DAY WINS!
    Mom and I did 2 chair exercises even with a full house - no excuses!

Didn’t gorge on cake! It honestly didn’t taste very good to me at all and that was never a factor before. I would eat it and way too much of it no matter how it tastes just because it was cake!!!! 😂
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm – Just want to make sure your graph shows that I was in the green for the month of January (not showing on the results).

@vegan4lyfe2012

Hi!

The spreadsheet shows that you were in the green for three of the four weeks in January (weeks 2-4). All of the names mentioned in the results post were in the green every single week. So while you had a net loss during the month of January (congrats, by the way!), you did not have a loss every single week.

I hope that clears it up. Best of luck in February!

Ashley
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm – Just want to make sure your graph shows that I was in the green for the month of January (not showing on the results).

@vegan4lyfe2012

Hi!

The spreadsheet shows that you were in the green for three of the four weeks in January (weeks 2-4). All of the names mentioned in the results post were in the green every single week. So while you had a net loss during the month of January (congrats, by the way!), you did not have a loss every single week.

I hope that clears it up. Best of luck in February!

Ashley

I guess I don't understand because I am looking at my weigh ins and it seems like I was:
    cwmkvraxnhm3.jpg
    My apologies.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 – Sorry I didn’t say anything along with the recipe. It was really late and I was tired. If you make the soup, let us know what type of bean you use and if you like it! You, too, @Brigit42 – let us know!
    @Katmary71 – I was looking at the lettuce options at my local Wally World and when I saw Grand Rapids lettuce, I wanted it since Grand Rapids is less than 2 hours away from me. This is what Google says: Grand Rapids is the best known loose leaf lettuce variety. This variety produces medium to large upright, light green leaves. The mild and flavorful leaves are frilled and crisp. Being an exceptionally fast grower, it is the earliest to bear.
    @megnolia82 – How was the reintro of veggies for you?
    @sleon225 – Friend request sent!
    @trooworld – Yes! Boo Hoo! It’s the first time that I was green for an entire month, so I was pretty proud of myself :) P.S. Your “I lost X pounds” graphics are hilarious! Love them!
    @shaunarlr83 – Please think about blocking your ex. Your children are adults, so you don’t need to be in contact with him at all. That’s what I had to do. He’ll still text every once in a while, but I just shake my head. My children have chosen to not have him in their lives, either, so after a few months he basically gave up.
    Well, everyone, it appears I don’t understand the In the Green for the month of January and I guess I wasn’t. (Still don’t get it, but whatevs.) I’m still going to celebrate it, but just correcting it because I don’t want anyone thinking I’m trying to get acknowledgement that I didn’t earn.
    Anyway, change of subject. My grain-of-the-week is bulgur. Anyone have any good recipes that are NOT Mediterranean? Those are a dime a dozen, so no problems finding those types of recipes. Looking for something different.
    Be sure to drink your water and eat your veggies today!
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends! I am pleased with my loss last week, not thrilled. I had to go off my HRT in the last fall and I am sure that is the main reason for my sleep issues and slow loss. I am trying to check in here and catch up when waiting in line at the gym, but people are coming earlier and earlier to the classes🤪. I came extra early today so I can hopefully do some catching up around here. I will sign off now and get some catching up done♥️
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 173.2
    Current weight - 172

I got the job!!!! Thank you guys for sending me love!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I have on everything except email. I’ve been told that you can’t block email but I do know how to send him to spam and need to do that and learn not to check it.
  • sleon225
    sleon225 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Team! I’m so embarrassed! I’m on my iPad this morning getting ready to log foods I look at my bookmarks and I had 2 teams posted. I’m not sure how I did that, but I am supposed to be in the weight no more group. 🤦‍♀️. Note to self, don’t use tiny iPhone late at night while eyes are sleepy. Shall I move back over there? Or stay here? Sorry about that!
This discussion has been closed.