Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I am so sorry to hear that Petey is gone. I am glad you were able to spoil him rotten for a few more days. <3
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Today, we had to say goodbye to our sweet dog, Petey. These photos don’t show his fun side but my mood is somber. I’ll post some better ones soon. Each day this week, I took him to his favorite spots, indulged him with his favorite treats, and visited all the people he loved. He was quite popular in our neighborhood so there were lots of people to see but we took it slowly. He loved Dr. Williams and the veterinary staff, so he was comfortable and trusted them completely. He was ready and at peace but it’s so sad 😞 —

x9d7zy9bk5hc.jpeg

xfcgy665akip.jpeg

tiv9cpeqk45z.jpeg

3bnbnfbiae1g.jpeg

When we love deeply, the loss hurts, but I wouldn’t give up the 12 years Petey blessed our lives for anything. Thinking of the many Shape Shifters who lost a pet recently and also those of you who are taking care of sick and aging ones. I hope Buddy enjoys the drive to Houston and the ease of coming and going with no worries about the stairs. 💕

So sorry for your loss 😓- it's never easy - big hugs💕💕💕💕
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I’m so very sorry for your loss. Our fur babies are so special💜
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I'm so sorry for your loss of Petey. Our pets fill such a special place in our hearts.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal I know the pain you're feeling and I'm so very sorry for the loss of Petey. May his memories give you peace. You gave him a beautiful life, full of love and joy!
    Jessica
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Oh @PatriceFitnessPal I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved Petey. Hugs
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Daily check-in ~ March 2
    Steps: 15.571
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a nice rest day and basically didn't do anything at all. Happy Friday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Card for today
    zmhhay610p8t.jpg
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal, I'm so sorry about, Petey! It's so hard to say goodbye to our fur babies. Sounds like he was a true blessing to you and you to him <3
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    AC204
    Thursdays
    CW: 184
    PW: 184

@jessicakrall8, pls chg me from Sunday weigh-in day to Thursdays. I'd also like to join the Steps Challenge with a goal of 7k/daily. Hoping my hip is good enough to give it another go.

3/1 8311
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @ac204
    Got you added to the step challenge and asked for your weigh in day to be moved. The March step challenge started on the 26th of Feb, so if you have steps for 26, 27 and 28 Feb, that would be great. Thanks!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal aw, I'm so sorry to hear about Petey, sounds like he was an amazing companion. Hope you are taking care.
  • pedal__power
    Options
    @Pupowl Gorgeous photos from your walk the other day! What a beautiful place to walk, is that close to where you live?
    I'm also enjoying your daily cards, thanks for posting them!
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW 153.2

CW 153.6

I've been up and down all week.... at least today is lower than yesterday! I had three big losses in a row, so I think my body is adjusting. Hopefully next week will be better.

Steps

3/2 15,579

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • pedal__power
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW: 199.2
    CW: 199.8

Happy Friday, friends! We had another busy week and I haven't had energy/time to focus on my nutrition and sleep so my weight is up slightly again. I've been fairly active still with coaching hockey and lately more walking into work, but my losses will come when I'm able to focus on nutrition and sleep. March is still going to be busy for our family, but things should quiet down in April. Until then, I'll keep active and see what small changes I can easily make.

Steps:
    2/27 12,773
    2/28 15,469
    3/1 14,874
    3/2 16,922
    @Pupowl I'll keep my step goal at 14K, thank you!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @pedal__power
    Thank you! It is a national park called Dwingelderveld. I live very close to it, about 5 minutes biking away from the start point of two walks. If I bike 10 minutes, there is another area with 4 different marked walks. It really is awesome. Nice to hear you enjoy the cards as well.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 196.0
    CW: 195.6

Completed my first longish (40 mi) bike ride this past Sunday as part of an event in Houston. The ride went great and I realized I could have done the 60 mile event. Working on making sure I don't go over my calorie goal most days.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 2/28: 10,207
    Wed 3/1: 16,231
    Thu 3/2: 14,083
This discussion has been closed.