HOW WAS YOUR DAY???? A DAILY CHECK IN

Options

Replies

• titus2cat
    titus2cat Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Physical therapy was killer today. Then I came home and read Randi’s note to do something kind for myself. I thought “I could be kind to myself by quitting physical therapy “. Then I told myself “Quitters never win!” I realized being kind to myself means working through the pain and soreness for the magnificent reward of being able to walk without crutches or a cane. The easy way out isn’t always the best way. I am going to do whatever it takes to regain mobility. Sometimes the kindest thing has to hurt before it gets better.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    A good day throwing snowballs and making snowmen then hot chocolate.
  • rstanford3
    rstanford3 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I thought “I could be kind to myself by quitting physical therapy “.
    No Cat, nice try, but that does not cut it. :D I'm sorry to hear that the therapy is painful and hope that meds, heat, ice, etc. provide some relief. We take walking for granted until we can't do it. I hope that tomorrow is a better day.
    Ann, your day sounded great. We have not had enough snow to make a snowman. I actually wanted to do that this winter, and I don't have grandkids! I also have molds to make snow dragons. :D
    A friend of ours had a winning lottery ticket, so he and my husband headed out to pick up the check. On the way home, they picked up Indian food, so we had a delightful lunch followed by a piece of chocolate babka. I know about babka from watching Seinfeld, but had never had it and certainly never made it. It was delicious, and it fit within my calorie limit. :)
  • criscra2001
    criscra2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have really been missing everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I just had to pop in and say hello.
  • rstanford3
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi Gerri. It is so good to see you here! I hope that you are well. We are missing you and hoping that you will stay with us. <3<3<3
  • annliz23
    Options
    Randi that sound meal sounds lovely. it's my daughter birthday today we are treating her and having a Chinese later.

Gerri glad to see your still here hope your doing well.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I love Chinese! I like to make it at home so can control what goes in there and better track calories. I have great recipes for fried rice and Chinese chicken. May not exactly be authentic, but still so good! The pandemic forced me to learn to cook some of our restaurant favorites. This group forced me to find ways to do it healthier.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Gerri, so glad you are popping by❤️
    We miss you
  • rstanford3
    Options
    All is well here. Our kitchen table is currently unusable. It is in the sunniest part of the house, so right now it is completely covered with plant pots and trays. I want lots of flowers in the yard this year, so I'm starting plants from seed to save money. If this works, my spring/summer self will be quite happy.
    I like Chinese food but restaurant Chinese food does not agree with me. I suspect it's the MSG. Fortunately my husband makes some great stir fry meals. Hope you enjoyed yours, Ann. Cat I hope you were in less, or preferably no, pain today. Your future self will thank you for sticking with the therapy.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Randi - The chinese was great we tried a different place but it was small and cheaper but super yummy.
    I am trying to grow lots of flowers too but not sure how they will last as our 20 month old dog just seems to wee everywhere not like my other dog who only goes on the gravel🥺. My tomato plants are doing well so fingers crossed, I love growing things.
    Cat hope your OK, hang in there, you have to do what's right for you.

• titus2cat
    Options
    False spring is over and winter is back. When I get cold, I always want to eat. So far, I am doing a decent job of sticking to fresh fruit or veggie snacks. We might get snow tomorrow! I hope not because I really want to go to church. I plan to put a meatloaf and root vegetables in the 9 x13 crockpot in the morning so we can come home to a nice lunch if we get to go.

I feel like I have just been coasting along and not making a decent effort to track calories and exercise consistently lately. Time to recommit and make a serious effort to drop the last 15 pounds. I start on Monday.
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Today, I got to look out the window at the rain. :/ Snow had been predicted, but all we got was rain. Still, I did watch the birds in my daughter's yard. That was my nature exposure today.
    Cat, hope you can make it to church tomorrow. I, too, have 15 to go and am ready to refocus.
    Ann and Gerri, I hope you both had a great day.
  • titus2cat
    Options
    We have snow and it is turning to ice!! Not negotiable with a cane or crutches, so TV church for me today. Hub is still going, as he has to say the opening prayer. We live on top of a high mountain, but he has a 4WD truck and i will pray him there and back. My daughter-in-law in an RN at the hospital and does not have 4WD. She works til 7 tonight. I will
    Be praying her home also.

I had oatmeal for breakfast. Will make my meatloaf and roasted root veggies for lunch. Those are the only two meals I eat when I am serious about weight loss. I will have a yogurt with fruit snack around 5 and stop eating for the day. I do better with a plan.

We have planned the garden and ordered seeds. Looks like the fig tree snd blueberry
    Bushes and strawberry plants survived the winter. We lost our rosemary and will have to replace that in the herb garden. I can hardly wait until we can go out back and pick our dinner. I have a little hydroponic unit plus a couple of big grow lights in the basement. Going to start the lettuces, herbs, tomatoes, and some zinnias in a week. Our last frost date is still weeks away.

Encouraging all of us to be mindful about food choices and seek healthy sources.
  • criscra2001
    criscra2001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I don't miss the snow at all. It's been sunny & warm here in Fl. The Pollen is terrible and those of us with allergies are having a difficult time. I wish I could find the perfect place to live.No snow, perfect weather, no allergies, great food with no calories & all health benefits. Ok, I'm back to reality, lol
    I have been totally off track. Doing my best to focus. Praying this will pass.
    Tomorrow is a new week and I will do my best.
    Wishing you all a wonderful Blessed week ahead!!
  • titus2cat
    Options
    Hey Gerri, if you find that perfect place, I’m going with you 😂
  • annliz23
    Options
    The challenges have been amazing thank you.
    titus2cat wrote: »
    We have snow and it is turning to ice!! Not negotiable with a cane or crutches, so TV church for me today. Hub is still going, as he has to say the opening prayer. We live on top of a high mountain, but he has a 4WD truck and i will pray him there and back. My daughter-in-law in an RN at the hospital and does not have 4WD. She works til 7 tonight. I will
    Be praying her home also.

I had oatmeal for breakfast. Will make my meatloaf and roasted root veggies for lunch. Those are the only two meals I eat when I am serious about weight loss. I will have a yogurt with fruit snack around 5 and stop eating for the day. I do better with a plan.

We have planned the garden and ordered seeds. Looks like the fig tree snd blueberry
    Bushes and strawberry plants survived the winter. We lost our rosemary and will have to replace that in the herb garden. I can hardly wait until we can go out back and pick our dinner. I have a little hydroponic unit plus a couple of big grow lights in the basement. Going to start the lettuces, herbs, tomatoes, and some zinnias in a week. Our last frost date is still weeks away.

Encouraging all of us to be mindful about food choices and seek healthy sources.

Great things to grow, my tomatoes have started and doing really well 🤞
  • titus2cat
    Options
    I have made this with a whole, cut up chicken and also meatless with big chunks of cabbage. Delish!uuz9yqcwfozc.png
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Today was a good day! I am ready to start losing again!
  • rstanford3
    Options
    Down 0.8 from last week. Ann, the water challenge is good for me. I drink plenty of water in the summer, but during the winter, it is an absolute chore.
    Wishing everyone a good week!
  • annliz23
    Options
    rstanford3 wrote: »
    Down 0.8 from last week. Ann, the water challenge is good for me. I drink plenty of water in the summer, but during the winter, it is an absolute chore.
    Wishing everyone a good week!

I find the same i stuggle in the winter.