MARCH 2023 CHALLENGES - 03/01 -- 03/31

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Shelley, I took the task for "Write a 500 word FanFic about TriWizard" but misread the instructions and thought it said 5,000 words! Was up to 4,000 words with only 2 hours left and really stressed. Then I went to notate the task and saw the "500" - whew!!!!!

Also had to do four one-hour walks; and love having this option again, to get my metabolism revving. And maybe if I get stronger, it won't need so much Advil for the pain.

But I'm thinking of skipping next term. This challenge eats up so much of my life - it would be nice if there was an option for less participation.

paula
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Chris- wow...what a gorgeous view!

Shell - I'm struggling to keep up with all of yhe challenges too! Home stretch I think!

Busy day at work yesterday...office days are hard...no real time or way to exercise :( Working from home today...hope to squeeze time in!

Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    3/7 - 172.3
    March goal - 165
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,260 Member
    Options
    Shelley when I read about you working on your ceiling my arms start crying!! Oh, Man!! And YES!! You and I started together a long time ago! Some app where everyone went to Facebook or something like that and we were part of that group...only the two of us were left on MFP...do you remember that...or am I just dreaming it up??
    I have Collin Duty this morning then our Housekeeper is coming so I gotta clean up before she gets here.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    For those of you doing FitBit challenges, the following comment was posted at Hogwarts:
    jflocrna wrote: »
    For those of you who have Fitbit watches, Fitbit has been informing its users that at the end of this month, they are discontinuing badges and challenges. We have had a small group of MFP Hogwarts Fitbit users who have occasionally done step/activity challenges with our Fitbit group.

Since Fitbit is closing off challenges to us, we have opted to use another app, called Stridekick, to do challenges together. You just have to download the app and set up an account, then put in a friend request.
    My username on the new app is jflo_crna, we also have @starjam25 who is joni_mc over there, and @Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel who is S_BraveHeart over there.

The only suggestion I would make if you sign up on the Stridekick app is to adjust your profile to "private" or "friends only" instead of "public". Since they don't have private groups on Stridekick, you might end up with a bunch of randos sending you friend requests. You can do this by clicking on your profile in the lower right corner of your dashboard, then go to the setting gear wheel in the upper right of your profile, then scrolling down to the "Profile Privacy" tab and choosing accordingly.

I wanted to post this before end of term and before Fitbit discontinued the challenge option so other members would find us and any other Fitbit owners who might be interested.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,848 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Paula that was so awful. I felt relieved for you. I don't think they would have counted them though. :laugh: I to am thinking of skipping next term. Spring is coming up and I will be busy. Wasn't there a ghost option at one point?

Karen it can be tough. I think, self, you could have just worked out again! I could have looked up a Darebee work out and done it!

Chris you are so correct. And I so wish I still had that workout. I look for it all the time. No luck. I even messaged the gal who first put it up and never get a reply. Still off on Facebook I guess. :disappointed:

Paula thanks for sharing. I think this is why I originally started the challenges on my FitBit.

I have a commissioner meeting tonight. So no ceiling work. It is slow going. Wet some down, wait 15 minutes and go scrape it off.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris here is one of your fist posts I ever read:

Schedule for Mar 1st -- 6th
    Rest Mar 7th

40 Jumping jacks
    20 Squats
    3 Burpees
    10 Pushups
    30 Mtn. Climbers

Blast from the past.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    WOW! Shelley! Crazy!
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    March 31 Goal weight: 166.2

Feb 28 ending weight - 170.2
    Mar 1 - 170.8
    Mar 8 - 170.6
    Mar 15 -
    Mar 22 -
    Mar 31 -

Kathy

• cpanus
    Options
    Collin Duty this morning then 60 min workout w/my trainer...supposed to be Fun Wednesday w/her...nopey, nope!! ugh!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    207.5 this morning. Been eating my exercise calories - probably not a good idea.

Walked around the block (that's a one hour hike up and down hills; switchback on the steep parts to help my knees. Today was noticeably easier to do than previously.

paula
  • kjs1228
    Options
    Paula & Shelley - im plugging through this term, but I also feel like it is too much right now. A neat concept, but I'm just too busy to do it well. This week will probably be my poorest. Need to ramp up quickly!

I'm having a rough week....a lot at work, stress and just too much eating! Ouy Vey. I have lunch with my yoga group today. Some new friends. They do a monthly lunch and I go as much as I can....really nice group. I missed last month, so looking forward to connecting with them, even though I really don't have time.

Karen
  • cpanus
    Options
    We are supposed to have crazy rain today. I don't know if I'll walk to the post office or not...we'll just have to wait and see. I have Collin Duty in a bit.
    Chris
  • KAR1959
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Thirty minute session with my trainer, 30 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes on recumbent bike.

Kathy
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris sorry about the rain. And fun Wednesday wasn't so fun. Must have been a good workout though.

Paula you are rocking your walks. Fantastic. I agree with your not eating your exercise calories. I do it also :sad: Showing lots of improvement.

Karen I am struggling also this session. To many things need done.

Kathy keep going. Those elliptical are grueling.
    Chris here is one of your fist posts I ever read:

Schedule for Mar 1st -- 6th
    Rest Mar 7th

40 Jumping jacks
    20 Squats
    3 Burpees
    10 Pushups
    30 Mtn. Climbers

Blast from the past.

Shelley

I repeated the old workout we did all those years ago. Going back to what worked. I left my phone at work tonight. So free. But its my mom's birthday, guess I will use Rockys phone

Snow in California. I hope all are well

Shell
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    eqt77qa50giw.png

thought I would post this here. Thinking of starting a new group and see if I can get others to want to join in on this in April. Of course I will send an invite to you all. Because I know you love Burpees! :laugh:

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Options
    eqt77qa50giw.png

thought I would post this here. Thinking of starting a new group and see if I can get others to want to join in on this in April. Of course I will send an invite to you all. Because I know you love Burpees! :laugh:

Shelley

This really is a great workout, despite the burpees. 😉

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    Collin Duty then 60 min workout w/my trainer then we walked to the park w/Ronan for a little fun!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    SHELLEY!!! You gotta join the weekend Fitbit Challenge...we are waiting for you!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    Got 6.22 miles in 122 mins done this afternoon. Got sprinkled on...kinda...once but it was a good walk to the post office and back.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Options
    I did a full body weight routine this morning and a 30 minute walk...it was cold though!

Karen