Shape Shifters Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @jessicakrall8 I am so sorry, but I think im going to have to remove myself from this challenge. Life started happening right as I began with this group and I am feeling horribly guilty that I'm not contributing or participating like I'd like. Or in other words, not at all. I'm even doing ok on my weightloss but I just can't find the time I hoped for this.

@Lynniebinny76 I am sorry to hear that "life" has hit you hard at this time. It happens to all of us. I will ask the MODS to remove you from the challenge, but as soon as things calm down and you're ready to return, just pop into the chat and let me know. In the meantime, if you ever want to pop in and vent a little or you feel you need some encouragement, we're here for you! Please keep working toward your goals as much as you can and know that we'll be thinking of you...hope all is well soon! Take care!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Bumbinella wrote: »
    @Pupowl that card really made me laugh 😅
    And it’s true - everything will work out fine in the end.

I decided to do the new thing. On good days I am filled with trust that it’s gonna work out just fine. On bad days I am a little more doubtful and think more about the hardships that might come my way, but even then I still know I just have to do it.

@jessicakrall8 I worked in sales in a publishing house over the last decade but always always always wanted to be a make up artist. Thinking of doing training to become an esthetician as this offers me an even broader base of services to offer potential clients.

I‘m actually quite excited to have finally made the decision for going on this new path ☺️

@Bumbinella Sorry for my mixup over the discussion...I hope you find the training to be all you've dreamed of and more...nothing more exciting than trying something you've always dreamed of doing. I bet you'll be fabulous!!! Good luck and let us know how it's going as you do the training!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited March 2023
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our newest Captain, @Pupowl!! Hope your day is amazing!!! Below is a calorie free cupcake!!! ENJOY!!

ub26gsiirzo2.jpg

Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 305.6
    CW: 305.6
  • jessicakrall8
    1udlb3ev3zcz.jpg

Got up early this morning to walk and finish a challenge I've been working on. I started Jan. 1st with a challenge to do 99 miles in 99 days and today I finished it in just 72 days! I'm so proud of myself!!! WOOHOO!!! Walked this evening for a half mile after work as well. Very busy day at work, but I walked every hour except one where I was on a conference call.

Took my lunch and did great on calories today...drank lots of water...for dinner I had baked chicken and broccoli with rice. A nice day overall!

Jessica
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 525 Member
    Happy birthday @Pupowl
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Happy Birthday @Pupowl !!!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    3/11-8,981
    3/12-12,693

Picked up a few extra shifts this week, then with the time change, I'm super tired. But I have my alarm set to get up and hit the gym in the morning. My goal is a 60 minute workout
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    I’m checking in late tonight and adding more ‘cheers’ to the chorus of birthday wishes @Pupowl — I’m so glad you enjoyed the snowy walk and time with your Dad, and now look forward to a visit from your Mom! 🥳

@Bumbinella — Congratulations on your new endeavor! One of my closest friends ran a restaurant for years and became an esthetician later (maybe in her 40’s). Her Dad invested in the restaurant, mainly to support her sister, who was a chef, and my friend was the ‘face’ of the restaurant. She wrote funny menu descriptions, greeted guests as the host, and managed all the catering, etc. but she always felt a bit pulled into that work because of family obligations and her years of retail management experience. Her personality really shines through in her fashion sense, make up skill, and overall design sense.

There seems to be a growing role in ‘image consulting’ for authors posing for book covers, professionals capturing candid photos for their websites, and ‘influencers’ making videos to promote their interests. So, I think there are many ways skin care and makeup professionals can apply their skills.

I like your reminder to embrace the daily inspiration card @Pupowl posted for today. I’m going to try to harness that ‘trust and confidence’ too! … or at least I’ll try my best not to be a complaining wiener! 🤣

where
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @brttny7979 — Enjoy your break from work! I realize traveling can still sometimes be hectic but you’ll definitely make some memories as a family— and, according to today’s mantra, all will be well in the end!

As a friend of mine often quoted: Everything will be alright in the end. If things aren’t alright, it’s not the end.

My biggest sigh of relief during school breaks was enjoying evenings without the pressure of homework. Happy homework-free week to you and your children!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,558 Member
    Check in Sun & Mon
    Steps March 12: 15.823
    Steps March 13: 22.757
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone! Much appreciated. I was a little busy yesterday so I didn't manage to post here. Sunday was a cleaning day, so not very interesting. Yesterday I got some last groceries in the morning before my mom arrived. She gifted me 3 new books, 2 bags of loose tea, wild flower seeds, socks and an adorable unicorn night light. It was very very stormy outside, but it was dry so we went for a walk anyway. It was so warm! I regretted wearing a coat within 5 minutes. We walked around 5,5 kilometers. There wasn't much to take pictures of and eventually the noise of the wind started to drive me a little crazy so I was happy when we were home again. :lol: We cooked together and played Rummikub in the evening so it was a pretty nice day. Happy Tuesday everyone <3
  • Pupowl
    Here is our daily card
    aato5rk7lh7a.jpg
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    TexanMom8152
    Weigh day - Tuesday
    PW 222.6
    CW 220.8
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    Happy birthday @Pupowl !

Way to go @jessicakrall8 on your walking challenge!

I woke up early this morning and walked to the grocery store to get some milk and a few bits. Made for a great arm workout to haul it all back and I got 7K steps in!

This past weekend we had nothing scheduled (first time since last summer) and I finally got out for a cross country ski. It was a beautiful day and very peaceful on the trail I was on.

Step check in:
    3/10 10,545
    3/11 13,018
    3/12 8,457
    3/13 11,904

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,181 Member
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Sun 3/12: 12,413
    Mon 3/13: 16,978
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    That’s an awesome accomplishment @jessicakrall8! Congratulations!!

It’s great to see so many Shape Shifter teammates making great strides 😉 with their step progress! Go team 👏👏👏👏

• PatriceFitnessPal
    @pedal__power - I’m so glad you were able to enjoy some special time cross country skiing. I think I remember you noting that you were eager to ski but hadn’t been able to find the time because of all your commitments. I know you enjoy your hockey player and leadership roles but I’m glad the ‘coach’ and ‘dedicated parent’ got a chance to have some fun. 😀
  • Pupowl
    Card for today, happy Wednesday everyone <3

0x5juc55mtiw.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Today’s card message reminds me of my favorite Eleanor Roosevelt quote:

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”

I hope everyone has a good day!
This discussion has been closed.