3/21 - 2178
    3/22 - 3387
    3/23 - 8655
    3/24 - 6636
    3/25 - 6838
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown Your link was perfect. I clicked to connect you. I won't be able to show any stats until my watch arrives, but I set up my username and profile...

I'll let you know once my watch arrives...hope it's later in the week!
    Thanks again!
    Jessica

Mine is under Laurie Wroblewski
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

gh14vs5zaqkx.png
    nsynzitxwpnz.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    4dcouzv0kc6s.png

By Pounds
    xqoh4x7k810s.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    6d5cnps3dd3l.png

By Pounds
    gujklwpkqfgz.png
    1epbj2mmm4qq.png

Team Winners
    ane9lk1cfrpg.png
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday Weigh in
    PW: 143.8
    CW: 144.2

3/17 - 5,231
    3/18 - 20,796
    3/19 - 6,453
    3/20 - 12,034
    3/21 - 11,640
    3/22 - 15,186
    3/23 - 4,720
    3/24 -4,317
    3/25 - 5,895

I am so sorry. My daughter had the stomach flu last week, and it completely messed up my schedule and sleep. I completely forgot about posting and my steps.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,170 Member
    Options
    KHill875 wrote: »
    KHill875
    Friday Weigh in
    PW: 143.8
    CW: 144.2

3/17 - 5,231
    3/18 - 20,796
    3/19 - 6,453
    3/20 - 12,034
    3/21 - 11,640
    3/22 - 15,186
    3/23 - 4,720
    3/24 -4,317
    3/25 - 5,895

I am so sorry. My daughter had the stomach flu last week, and it completely messed up my schedule and sleep. I completely forgot about posting and my steps.

Got you updated @KHill875 and I changed your NWI to an LWI. Hope your daughter is feeling better!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    It was a tough week for most of the teams...CONGRATS to the individual winners and those who had honorable mentions this week!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    It was raining on Friday - and again yesterday - so it felt good to see the sun today.

@jessicakrall8 - When you reported such nice weather south of us, I thought it might clear up yesterday. The rain got lighter but it stayed overcast here in northern Virginia. BUT — So many people enjoyed the cherry blossom viewing and kite festival today!

The blossoms were beautiful this past week. I didn’t take a trip to the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC today but I’ve been enjoying all the trees in full bloom across the neighborhood and when I traveled through DC at the end of last week. Here are some photos;

https://wtop.com/gallery/media-galleries/photos-cherry-blossoms-2023/
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    This has been a tough week because of bad weather and over-indulging during social events. A friend invited us to a ‘Trivia Night’ dinner at a club where she and her husband are members. There were six of us there and we had a lot of fun figuring out the answers and laughing about our “average” performance. I ate too many items from the buffet and had two glasses of wine. I only sampled a couple of bites of the tiramisu dessert so that wasn’t bad but I definitely exceeded my daily calories. Friday, a drank a beer and ate sushi after 8:00pm, which wouldn’t have been terribly bad if that was the end of my evening …

BUT our friends’ daughter died in May 2022 and Friday would have been her 20th birthday so we stopped by her Dad’s house (the parents are divorced but we’re friends with both new couples). It was important time to spend together. Although I wish I hadn’t had that last glass of wine and a couple of sweets, I was glad we were there. We shed some tears together but we also laughed, exchanged happy stories, and shared memories.

Saturday, we met some friends who used to live in our neighborhood but now live in Del Ray beach Florida. Their son recently finished college and moved to the area so they came to see him. Six of us joined them and it was nice to see the other friends that gathered, too. Our children grew up together but we don’t see them as frequently now that they are all young adults. They are now scattered at universities in Sheffield England, Minnesota, Georgia, and Boston or working in London, England and Philadelphia, etc. So, it’s nice to celebrate their latest adventures! It was another high calorie day with two margaritas and three tacos but the Mexican food reminded us about the English-Spanish dual language elementary school the kids attended together and some fun times gathering at the local Salvadoran-owned restaurant (my soccer sponsor and great family) and visiting our friends when they moved to Costa Rica. Nice memories!

I hope I can get back on track now! I felt more productive today — went to a soccer skills clinic, donated a box of toys, and now I’m getting ready for our first co-Ed soccer game of the year tonight at 7:00pm. I think the skills clinic is building my confidence so I’m looking forward to playing this season! Have a great week, everyone!!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    It was raining on Friday - and again yesterday - so it felt good to see the sun today.

@jessicakrall8 - When you reported such nice weather south of us, I thought it might clear up yesterday. The rain got lighter but it stayed overcast here in northern Virginia. BUT — So many people enjoyed the cherry blossom viewing and kite festival today!

The blossoms were beautiful this past week. I didn’t take a trip to the Tidal Basin in Washington, DC today but I’ve been enjoying all the trees in full bloom across the neighborhood and when I traveled through DC at the end of last week. Here are some photos;

https://wtop.com/gallery/media-galleries/photos-cherry-blossoms-2023/

Wow @PatriceFitnessPal they're BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for sharing the pictures...I haven't been in DC for many years and had forgotten just how gorgeous those trees are during the Spring!

Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    3/15-11,509
    3/16-12,764
    3/17-6,395
    3/18-6,925
    3/19-6,458
    3/20-12,041
    3/21-14,060
    3/22-5,563
    3/23-12,255
    3/24-5,132
    3/25-3,877 (fitbit died)
    3/26-13,459
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,712 Member
    Options
    Here is the card for today. Happy Monday everyone <3
    syeic8mdkuik.jpg
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 271 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    sorry for the lateness

Weigh in:Sunday
    Pw195.4
    CW194.8

step foe March 19-25
    Sunday 1973 (lazy day)
    Monday 6018
    Tuesday 6091
    Wednesday 4483
    Thursday 4652
    Friday 4447
    Saturday 3005 (raining hard)
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Gm yall. A lot of stiffness I n my left knee. So tes, weight is off because of swelling.
    Cw. 230.8
    Pw 221.8
    Abd it rained here during the night so it added to the puffiness in my left knee and ankle. This is just water retention and nothing else. I'm hoping that all the movement from spring cleaning will eventually catch up. Lol.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,200 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters! Please welcome a new member for April - @mikilana23 will be joining you shortly. I'm sure they will enjoy their new team!
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    @cre804

BTW - Does anyone have ideas about what I can send to my adult sons who are away at college?

Care package ideas are so much harder for guys than girls! I could always send my daughter makeup or self care items. My son was a challenge. I usually sent him a Starbucks gift card-easily sent via email. And they actually have some decent lunch options, although I know he always used it for coffee. Whole Foods gift cards were always a treat too. Little things like cell phone battery packs or charger cords or earbuds were appreciated. Whatever you might use as a stocking stuffer works too, like little tubes of hand lotion or lip balm, eye glass wipes, etc. My son is now vegetarian and cooks, so is interested in spices. I found little bottles of Tabasco and Tajin that he appreciated. World Market has lots of tiny food items that can be used in gift baskets so I will visit the store to see if they have anything interesting. Five Below is another place worth exploring for little things. Magnets, mugs, beverage cozies, spirit wear, funny socks, etc.

The package I just put together was on behalf of our church. I’ve known this young man since he was a tyke so that was special. The students or their parents fill out a form with their interests and food preferences. We can send stuff anytime, but once a semester we have to send it via the church, and everyone uses the same size box-the smallest priority box, about the size of a VHS tape. That is a real challenge! So I filled it with gift cards, cookies, candy, goldfish and treats for his dog.

I remember getting care packages when I was in college and I appreciated them so much so I always tried to send my kids something, even if it was an e-gift card. Also my daughter’s sorority would have care packages we could purchase that would be delivered right before finals. And Amazon may have some options as well.

Is there a special food from home they can’t get at college? My son has a favorite salsa that we would send him. Or chips or candy from our visits to family in Michigan.

Anyway, there are a few ideas-hope it helps!

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a lifestyle and metabolic health program and just finished my initial appointment with the doctor.
    The blood tests say I am very healthy and I'm not at risk for any type of metabolic disease, so diabetes, heart disease etc.

The only things he can find is that I might by insulin resistant and my iron is a little lower than he would like. He uses two different metrics to diagnose insulin resistant, one says I am one says I am not. So he has ordered one more test. It is a glucose tolerance test where you drink a sugar drink and they test your glucose and insulin levels several times.

I little hope that I am insulin resistant because it gives me something to work to improve, and it provides an answer as to why I gain so fast with more carbs in my diet.
    Otherwise, because I was heavy before (268lbs) and weigh 223 now he said it will be a struggle to get to a textbook healthy weight and maintain.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @cre804 - Thanks for all the great suggestions! I really appreciate the time you took to offer specific examples. I’ll definitely use some of these ideas.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Welcome to the team, @mikilana23! It’s always nice to have new members and I’ll look forward to getting to know you better. Do you have any specific health goals you are working on? Please don’t hesitate to let us know how we can best support you in reaching your goals.
This discussion has been closed.