WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    @micki48 That sounds like some intense times for you right now. But movement is happening - the quiet times will resume before too long, I hope! Cars, though... ugh. Hugs to you!

Today was a nice day - took dad out to a Korean restaurant for lunch, and then picked up my repaired piccolo from the magician who works on my instruments. I have never seen this piccolo look so good, or play so well. It is 76 years old, and has the sweetest sound that such an evil instrument can possibly have! Then I took a good long walk, and will be heading home sometime tomorrow. Dad's doing much better today, understanding and speaking way better - of course, it is because of our exercise sessions, amiright??

Quick weigh-in update - Sunday/Monday:
    @adrimango
    @CarolAnnM2
    @MoonlitMuse
    @cleaneater80

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    I made it back home! Not as dramatic a return as you had @Gidgitgoescrzy - poor you! Getting sick on vacation and then feeling better when back at work is seriously upside-down. Tell your boss to get with the program and go along with your idea :wink:

Today was a terrible eating day (the usual mess I get myself into during a several hours-long drive...), but there is nothing bad to eat in the house starting in the morning, and I will work hard to keep it that way. Tomorrow self is going to be mad at today self, but we'll make it up by Wednesday, I hope.

Tomorrow is going to be a "one perfect day". Good food, good exercise, good outdoors, good headspace, making some music, talking with people I love. All the good things. Hope you all have one too! :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    Please share our sign-up thread for any new members. Do you have friends who might like to give it a try? Ready to make some real spring cleaning changes? This is the place to register for April:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10887282/registration-for-new-members-april-2023#latest

This is for NEW members. If you are already here, no need to sign up again. Thanks for helping more people join us!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 169.4
    CW: 169.4

Sorry late posting, first day of spring break was a busy one.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @MoonlitMuse new shoes will make you feel like you're floating! Especially after 3000 miles in the old ones. I love that new shoe feeling.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have a new member joining you for April ...Please welcome @Natroushka :)
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Broke student mentality just got the best of me. I'm at ikea and when you spend over $150 in home furnishings, your meal in the restaurant is free, up to $75.... So 'broke student' me of COURSE had to get the most value I could and order way more food than I needed to be satisfied.

I haven't been a broke student for nearly 20 years but I still fall into that trap of trying to get the most free food possible whenever it's possible.

I'll be cursing yesterday me for the rest of the week.

It was delicious though. Every. Single. Bite.

Sigh.... When will I learn?
  • jugar
    Options
    @Natroushka welcome! Come on in and introduce yourself, let us know a bit about you, how you got here, and what we can do to help! We're a friendly bunch, and I hope you feel at home here with us.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Natroushka - look forward to getting to know you!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I am the same way with free food! I have been trying to stay away from our break room, so I don't see it and it doesn't tempt me.

I have had 3 perfect days now...hope it offsets some of what I ate 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I am off to Cancun for a short break. It’s been a horrific week so far so I’m hoping for some R & R and some good food and company.

@jugar please excuse me for this week and next week from weighing in. I’m going to enjoy my break without thinking about anything other than what’s in front of me, whatever that may be.
  • jugar
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    Tomorrow I am off to Cancun for a short break. It’s been a horrific week so far so I’m hoping for some R & R and some good food and company.

@jugar please excuse me for this week and next week from weighing in. I’m going to enjoy my break without thinking about anything other than what’s in front of me, whatever that may be.

You just go and have a lovely time. Rest, enjoy, and come back with a big smile :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a peaceful and satisfying Tuesday - or that you have made it through in spite of everything. I had a good quiet one, a sane eating and exercise day, but also some rest. Tomorrow I'll aim for a bit more action. I'm aiming to catch up with your 3 perfect day streak @lauren_989 - fantastic!

Wednesday weigh-ins - line up and be ready to go:
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.