WaistAways Team Chat - MARCH 2023

Options

Replies

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    PW: 216.2
    CW: 215.6

I'm super happy with this. Another week with the scale fluctating. I was up 3 pounds earlier in the week. I am on day 4 of a perfect streak. Taking it one day at a time.
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @jugar that's a great video about Wednesdays!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Thoughts are with you @jugar. Those trips are never ideal. Lots of hugs.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    @jugar Sending love and light to you as you go through this journey with your dad. Hope they have answers for you. Take care of yourself. Hugs!!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Today is better than yesterday. Yesterday was the most stress I have felt in EVER that I can remember. So many details and paperwork and notaries and overnighting documents. BUT, it made it to NC and the closing is in two days. My realtor down there is mad at me though because he tried to charge me $600 on the closing docs for cleaning I never was told about or approved. He agreed to take it off, but has been out of contact with me since. I think it will be fine anyway. Today my son moved out, had movers put all his stuff in a storage unit, and is staying with a friend. His interview is Friday. Praying that he gets an offer and can stabilize his life as well.

We are still working on paperwork for the house we are buying. It is truly overwhelming the amount of stuff going on. Sleep has been pretty awful, but it was better last night. Eating wise, I have been ok. I am a stress eater at times, but this is too stressed to swallow. Have you had that happen? I am eating, but it's not fun. I was down to 204.4 this morning. Hoping to break that mark back into Onederland by the end of April.

Need to sit and do nothing for a bit before I head to bed. Take care of yourselves friends. Talk to you soon.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @jugar sending lots of good thoughts your way, and your family's way.

@natroushka that all sounds incredible, mobile food pantries, community dinner, lots of critters, amazing. Welcome!

@DD265 happy anniversary!

@micki48 hoping everything ends up for the best, and that the stress ends soon!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Behind on posts but hope to have some time to catch up in the next day or two. In the meantime I saw your dad isn't well @jugar ... hope the hospital figures out what is wrong. Sending hugs.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Natroushka! That's a perfect intro to give us an idea of you. If you're curious about any of us you can go back to the first couple of pages of this month and read our intros there, and we will do it again when May's chat thread opens up soon.

Exactly how many critters are we talking? And congrats on keeping Jeepers on the road that long! I have a 15 year old station wagon that was my grandmothers that I hope to keep running for another decade but it has chronic motor mount issues. Swapping those out every couple of years due to vibration is getting tedious.

If you have any questions don't be shy! This group is full of positive support, and is a safe space to vent your frustrations. Chances are someone here has experienced something similar and can commiserate.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW: 150.2
    CW: 149.4

Very surprised at this loss after being on holiday for a week! I managed to get in lots of activity most days, mainly cycling and walking, but also kayaking and a few workout videos. Food was good for breakfast and lunch as I was doing my own cooking, but evenings were usually eating out and there were a few burgers and pizzas involved, plus too much wine and beer!
    Now to tackle a mountain of laundry and get my butt to the gym...
    3.2lbs lost this month, if my maths is correct, yay!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    No change this week, I'm finally back on logging my food so I'm optimistic that I'll finally start losing 😅
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 208.6
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Natroushka to the group and thank you for all the work you do in helping others, food security is such a big issue for many.

@39flavours nice loss, sounds like a great vacation

@jugar thoughts are with you during this challenging time

Spring break has been going well for me and my daughter. I"m off work the week and we had some fun visiting friends, checking out the science centre and doing some shopping. I haven't changed up my morning routine of getting my workout done and I know that is helping keep my energy and mood up.

I also have 1 more week of my policy course I'm taking and I am excited to be done with it, it has taken a toll on me and I've resorted to emotional eating a few times because this is something outside my comfort zone doing and my default.
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey @Natroushka ! Welcome to the team! It's great to have a fellow Ohioan with us :) Technically I live in Montana now (for 2.5years), but I was raised in NEO (Wooster) so it'll always be home.

You definitely have a lot going on but we're all here for support!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    Natroushka wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm new to this challenge so I have no idea what to do. I was told to come here and introduce myself. I have no idea what to say. So, I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I'm on hormone therapy for cancer one of my pills causes weight gain. I'm currently 190.4 and my goal is 125. I take care of a bazillion critters, most with health issues. I have a 26 year old Jeep, Jeepers, I'm trying to keep alive. I'm the original owner. She's in rough shape and I talk about her a lot. I also volunteer at a bunch of mobile food pantries and a free, monthly, community dinner. So, that's me. Thanks for taking me in!
    Hi @Natroushka ! For someone with no idea what to say, you write a bang-up introduction! I think you'll find a lot of fellows in many ways - there are critters (be sure to ask about the spoiled guinea pigs), health issues, supporters of communities, stressed people, retired people, you name it. You're the first with a 26 year old Jeep named Jeepers, though, and I can just picture it among all your other critters.

As to what to do? The most important thing is to come here to this chat thread often. Bookmark it or make it easy to get to in whatever way works for you, and then get here. Post about your day, how your plan for weight loss is going, what you try, what fails, what works. Others will chime in and the support and community will develop. I often talk about it as having the team's voices in your head - it helps remind you not to grab that ill-advised snack or keep eating when you know you've had enough.

Every week on your chosen weigh-in day (Mondays), just post your weight here. It goes into the team spreadsheet and we celebrate the losses, or brainstorm about the gains and stuck places. Once the April team chat opens (probably tomorrow, to get ready for Sunday which is our day 1), we all (re)introduce ourselves, so you get to tell us stuff again, and get to know the others in here. If you have questions, poste them here too. Rants, celebrations, daily grind - we'll love it all. Thanks for joining!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,083 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling in a much better mood after a long day at the hospital with my dad. He is doing much better, and apparently the extreme disorientation, confusion, and refusal to move was not a stroke or any other serious thing. He was extremely low in sodium and also his blood pressure was low and he was a bit dehydrated from a short bout of gastro. He is feeling weak today, but much more with it - or at least as with it as a 95 year old with dementia gets! He'll stay another day in hospital to get his chemistry back on track, and then go to a rehab centre for a week or two to work on his movement and get his muscles a bit stronger. My step-mom is emotionally all over the place, so I'll stay with her a few more days. Wish I lived closer! But I love where I live, so not really... In any case, things are OK and I'm really glad I came down here to help out.

@cleaneater80 wow - you are having a super-productive spring break! Great job on keeping up the morning workouts. You are so right that they help with mood and general sanity.

Keep the chin and thumbs up @micki48 ! You are getting through the tunnel of crazy stuff and will be coming out the other side. You are also absolutely right that what you need is to sit down, relax, breathe, and find that quiet place. The stress is working "muscles" that need a rest! Hugs to you.
  • lauren_989
    Options
    @jugar glad your dad is doing better!

@micki48 I'm glad you are almost done with the stress and paperwork. My fingers are crossed for your son tomorrow!

@Natroushka welcome to the team!
This discussion has been closed.