• Karlyblue
    Karlyblue Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970, @lindamtuck2018

Username: Karlyblue
    PW (Previous Weight): 311.4
    CW (Current Weight): 311.6 (+ 2 oz)

Sorry everyone, these past two weeks haven't been good for the team. I'm just happy that I only gained (2 oz) was afraid it would be more like last week's weigh-in,(309 to 311.4 lbs) where the gain was (2.4 lbs.). No gain is good, but still happy only 2oz.

This week my plan is to be more focused on my portion size and to be more mindful of the things I do. Also, to pay attention to what my body is telling me and only eat when I'm truly hungry.

This is the main reason I do intermittent fasting, because I usually don't get hungry until around 11:00-12:00 p.m and I like to stop eating around 5:00-6:00 p.m. Don't like going to bed on a full stomach. I'll do my best this coming week and we'll see how things go.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter!

Yesterday went well. I had very little to eat before going to my in-laws (my usual yogurt and berries for breakfast and then a piece of leftover fish from Friday). She did have jellybeans and chocolate Easter eggs and fudge on the table, but I didn't have any. The eggs were of the cheap chocolate variety, so not even a little tempted. The jelly beans didn't seem special enough to sample, and the fudge looked too sweet. (Monday night's episode involved pecan pie, so I can't go there right now, thank goodness). There were four main dishes and two salads; I had a spoonful of each and my plate was full. I did not go back for seconds. I did not have any cheese or pickles. For dessert I chose a really small slice of warm apple pie and a tiny gluten free brownie with lost of chocolate icing. Then I realized I was still hungry, so I had another small piece of pie and another tiny brownie. I didn't even have any of the alcohol I brought! We got home in time to see the last 8 rocks of the 10th end of the Canada/Switzerland curling match at the world championships. (Canada won!!!) I went to bed around 11, but couldn't fall asleep. My mind was whirring a bit (as it usually does after a visit with family) and I was hungry!! So, I got up and had some leftover rice from Friday and went back to bed around midnight. The scale was the same this morning as yesterday morning.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Slimmersixties Happy Birthday! Enjoy your trip to Greece and please tell us all about it when you return so we can live vicariously!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Su - 13,977
    M - 4,637
    Tu - 8,377
    W - 8,716
    Th - 8,030
    F - 16,746
    Sa - 7,063
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,556 Member
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 230
    CW 232

4 days lifting this week. As per Withings scale my fat is down and I have gained muscle. I will take the water gain and fat loss. Sorry it is late been a crazy week.

Muscle is good!
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 150.3 pounds (lost 0.7 pounds) :)
    CW (Current Weight): 150.0 pounds (lost 0.3 pounds) :)

Another successful weigh in today! Very happy about that.
    After 3 weeks of gaining, I have now had 4 weeks of losing!
    Down 5.8 pounds in 4 weeks!
    Down 20.1 pounds from my highest weight in 2016.
    I am now half way to my goal

Nice loss! I hope you feel better soon.

Jpedno wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 148.6
    CW 149.2

It's disappointing only bc when I weighed myself earlier in the week it was 148 even!

Beautiful day today here in New Mexico. Went for a hike and a drive and had some great Mexican food.

I hate when that happened. Trust the process.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,556 Member
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Goal 7000 steps per day

4/02 5884 +90 min exercise bike
    4/03 3151 +120 min exercise bike
    4/04 9385 +60 min exercise bike
    4/05 5194 +60 min exercise bike
    4/06 4717 +60 min exercise bike
    4/07 5146 +60 min exercise bike
    4/08 5052 +60 min exercise bike

That’s some great exercise!
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    Step Challenge
    My Round 6 (goal 12000)

4/02 8257 + 7980 (swimming laps conversion)
    4/03 5793
    4/04 7342
    4/05 9264
    4/06 7469
    4/07 4495
    4/08 6598

I would like to be excused from this challenge going forward for the time being. I am struggling with balancing too much in my brain at the moment. I wish to focus on calories and once that routine is established, I will pick up on steps and exercise again. Thank you!

I totally understand this. I am really trying to get my eating in check and I get stressed by trying to hit an exercise goal. I then feel guilty if I don’t meet the exercise goal.
    Not really sure what happened this week but this is the first time I’ve gone up since being on my journey.

Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 190.6
    CW: 191.4

At least it’s not too much of a gain. 🙏🏻

So many things can affect that scale. Don’t let it mess with your head. Look at what you have accomplished since you been on this journey instead.
    Karlyblue wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970, @lindamtuck2018

Username: Karlyblue
    PW (Previous Weight): 311.4
    CW (Current Weight): 311.6 (+ 2 oz)

Sorry everyone, these past two weeks haven't been good for the team. I'm just happy that I only gained (2 oz) was afraid it would be more like last week's weigh-in,(309 to 311.4 lbs) where the gain was (2.4 lbs.). No gain is good, but still happy only 2oz.

This week my plan is to be more focused on my portion size and to be more mindful of the things I do. Also, to pay attention to what my body is telling me and only eat when I'm truly hungry.

This is the main reason I do intermittent fasting, because I usually don't get hungry until around 11:00-12:00 p.m and I like to stop eating around 5:00-6:00 p.m. Don't like going to bed on a full stomach. I'll do my best this coming week and we'll see how things go.

Don’t apologize. We are here for you. Look to your nonscale victories. Work hard on the goals you have set.
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Happy Easter!

Yesterday went well. I had very little to eat before going to my in-laws (my usual yogurt and berries for breakfast and then a piece of leftover fish from Friday). She did have jellybeans and chocolate Easter eggs and fudge on the table, but I didn't have any. The eggs were of the cheap chocolate variety, so not even a little tempted. The jelly beans didn't seem special enough to sample, and the fudge looked too sweet. (Monday night's episode involved pecan pie, so I can't go there right now, thank goodness). There were four main dishes and two salads; I had a spoonful of each and my plate was full. I did not go back for seconds. I did not have any cheese or pickles. For dessert I chose a really small slice of warm apple pie and a tiny gluten free brownie with lost of chocolate icing. Then I realized I was still hungry, so I had another small piece of pie and another tiny brownie. I didn't even have any of the alcohol I brought! We got home in time to see the last 8 rocks of the 10th end of the Canada/Switzerland curling match at the world championships. (Canada won!!!) I went to bed around 11, but couldn't fall asleep. My mind was whirring a bit (as it usually does after a visit with family) and I was hungry!! So, I got up and had some leftover rice from Friday and went back to bed around midnight. The scale was the same this morning as yesterday morning.

Sounds like you had a plan and stuck to it. I laughed about the chocolate as my husband has been buying tiny Easter eggs and they are the cheapest you can get. I won’t touch them.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,487 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I'm off to Greece for my 60th birthday this week, please excuse me from weigh in until 29th April :) I'm not sure how often I'll get to log in as it will be dependant on Internet availability ..... keep motivated everyone! Xx

Enjoy your time in Greece such a beautiful place and Happy Birthday :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @megan_smartiepants1970
    Step Challenge
    My Round 6 (goal 12000)

4/02 8257 + 7980 (swimming laps conversion)
    4/03 5793
    4/04 7342
    4/05 9264
    4/06 7469
    4/07 4495
    4/08 6598

I would like to be excused from this challenge going forward for the time being. I am struggling with balancing too much in my brain at the moment. I wish to focus on calories and once that routine is established, I will pick up on steps and exercise again. Thank you!

I will excuse you ... When you are ready to come back just let me know :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited April 2023
    Options
    wptlg6x6dznd.png

Here is my Sunday friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for April Week 1 ...Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday Evening 4/11/2023... If I do not have them by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ... Thanks for your understanding and cooperation :)

@aactuallyaash 4/7
    @Bluetail6 4/2 - 4/8
    @FindingSamMon 4/6 -4/8
    @indefenceofsprouts 4/2 - 4/8
    @tahm42 4/2 - 4/8
    @Beverly2Hansen 4/2 - 4/8

• Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Steps: 5,266
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Log food:✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise: ✔️✔️

PW 197.6
    CW 192.2

Holy whoosh! I am shocked. This week I tried to be aware of moving more. I reached my increased step goal everyday but one and that was the day of the silent retreat. My granddaughter is over today and we are going to the pool. I am going stir crazy as I haven’t left the apartment since Saturday.

As for the Easter treat question I asked:
    I had my husband hid all the Easter treats I bought for the grandkids as last year I ate everything I bought and had to buy more. I found it when cleaning a few days ago but stayed away. We are going for fish and chips tonight. I plan on only eating half a piece and half the fries. I will be mindful of what I eat on Sunday.

Amazing progress Linda! 👏 you must be over the moon!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    We absolutely crushed it this week!
This discussion has been closed.