Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    @cre804 sending positive thoughts your way.
    Both of my parents have had surgeries in the past few years, their bedrooms are in the basement. We made a temporary bedroom on the main level to help make recovery easier. Maybe that's an option?
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 225.5
    CW: 223.5
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @cre804 sending positive thoughts your way.
    Both of my parents have had surgeries in the past few years, their bedrooms are in the basement. We made a temporary bedroom on the main level to help make recovery easier. Maybe that's an option?

Yes, we may borrow a twin bed and set up in the dining room. We did something similar when my husband broke his hip over 15 years ago. But if I can get upstairs the first day, that would be ideal, because the only bathroom downstairs is a powder room. I won’t need to leave the house for two weeks and the only thing I need downstairs is food, which my husband can get for me. Who knows, without the ability to snack whenever I want, maybe I can loose some weight! 😂

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    @cre804 I've asked the MODS to move you to Support...please let us know how you're doing...I'll be praying for you while you go through surgery and into recovery mode...hope it's quick and as painless as possible!!!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @bearchested I've excused you from next week's weigh in...if you want you're welcome to weigh in on Saturday and I can record it...just let me know. Have a nice week!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    @cre804 - I know you’ve been weighing the pros and cons of knee surgery for awhile so I image it feels good to have made the decision and get it scheduled. The next few days will probably fly by as you prepare. It’s a good idea to freeze some healthy meals ahead of time to set yourself up for success. Good job!

My husband really liked a vegetarian chili I made tonight. Here’s a link in case chili is something you like: https://cookieandkate.com/vegetarian-chili-recipe/

Tomorrow, I’m bringing some leftovers to my friend. She got knocked over by a dog at the dog park and had to have knee surgery this week. I wish we lived closer to you so our supportive little Shape Shifter community could help you out during your recovery. I’ll be thinking of you next week!

Take your time climbing the stairs. I suppose you can scoot up the stairs backwards if needed and reward yourself with some deep rest. Your husband will probably improve his fitness while climbing the stairs to take care of you, too.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 220.3
    CW: 220.3
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    nancyinmo
    Saturday
    PW: 164.0
    CW: 165.0

Shrugs shoulders lol. Not sure why there was a gain this week. This week wasn’t much different. Just one of those weeks 🤷‍♀️
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I like your attitude @nancyinmo!

The fluctuations seem so random sometimes, and we just need to stick with it because the outcome will likely be worse if we do nothing. I try to remind myself that two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward.

The trajectory overtime is more important than short-term losses or gains, of course. I guess it’s another reminder to me about the importance of finding a nutrition balance and exercise routine that is sustainable over the long run.

Maintenance hasn’t been easy to figure out for me but I know short-term diets are not lifelong solutions. So, I’ll keep experimenting until I can stay within my goal of staying in the mid-range of a healthy BMI.

I’m trying not to get too carried away with the small movements. I’ll note them and just make minor adjustments instead of reacting with too much emotion (since emotions often equal sweet-seeking behavior for me).

Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The April Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 16th. This week will be an active challenge. Please join us for the 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10888722/april-week-3-group-challenge-5-10-15-20-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    aaer4xq2p5pt.jpg
    We're still missing 2 weigh-ins from this week...please report in soon, as stats begin early tomorrow morning.

@brttny7979 x2
    @mikilana23 x2

Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    l59hscc7bwrw.jpg
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Today’s card focuses on perseverance, which is a good reminder for me as I work on two goals:

(1) I ate too many sweet snacks yesterday but my goal is to stay ‘in the green’ this month with losses each week. So, I’ll need to work harder each day this week to make up for yesterday.

(2) My household decluttering progress has been excruciatingly slow but I’m making tiny advances so I’ll persevere today. My husband is in Japan this week so I’m going to commit to ‘no zero days’. That means I’ll sort, toss, donate, or organize at least a little bit every day.

I know I’ll feel better when this household work is done so I’m going to try to picture how I plan to spend my weekend days when the main decluttering is done. Then, I’ll have to figure out a maintenance schedule! 🙃
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,310 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 4/14: 9,781 (oops! accidently ended my streak of 10k days, only a 4 day streak actually.)
    Sat 4/15: 13,698
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

n0op7q7ipe3j.png
    w8s7mnkefvmi.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1qyp9igjl8b7.png

By Pounds