Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    @DrewsAnna - Yay! I'm so glad the biopsy was negative!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,929 Member
    @DrewsAnna - WOO HOO! Happy Dance on your behalf!!! What a weight lifted off your shoulders!

-Mica
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@DrewsAnna - yay for the awesome news. I’m so sorry you had to wait so long but happy it’s over!

@19shmoo69 - great job on the garden work and great loss! This will be the first time in 10 years that I wasn’t forced to do a garden so I’m not but I will thoroughly enjoy hearing your updates!

@Katmary71 - we went Saturday a little too late to an area High School FFA plant sale, they already sold everything!!! Made me think of you! I hope Bill gets released soon, soon you got well rested after a trying busy week!

@micaroo4 - love that 10 miles and while birding??!! Very impressive!

@tammymccrady6278 - so glad you’re enjoying great weather

@sleepygirl79 - oh no more snow!!! Great healthy snack choices, I’ve been filling up on fruit lately!

@laurelfit57 - I’m so sorry you had a horrible week!

Finally a good weigh in, Jo da crazy that came even after I binged on Mexican food last night! Life has been fun and flying by fast! My brother and daughter went with me to an area Rattlesnake Festival, yes us crazy okies center festivals around live Rattlesnakes that are actually caught in the wild by volunteers 😂😂😂 we rode all my favorite high school rides! My nearly 40 year old body can’t handle the spinning quite as well but we laughed our hearts out!!! So fun!!! I swapped nights with my old trainer and I’m just about to clock out and head out hiking, he’s taking my Wednesday night shift so I won’t have to work again until Thursday night!!!!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss!

@laurelfit57 That sounds awful. I'm glad you went to the dentist's! That's good you are feeling better. I hope your granddaughter feels better soon. That sounds like a fun field trip!

@Katmary71 Yeah it was good. Your morning in bed sounds nice. You are always doing fun things with food! Have a great day. Great no zeros!

@AustinRuadhain Congrats on the loss! Good job with your no zeros! I hope you enjoyed the tea.

@Fairymange Tacos and vodka sound like a good time to me! :D I know a lot of people put off taxes but I literally get mine done the first day I have my W2s lol. I'm just a nervous person.

@DrewsAnna YAY!!! That's awesome news!!!

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday. I felt like I was on the way to getting back on track. I realized that I really don't like eating breakfast. Nothing sounds good in the morning. I may skip breakfast from now on, although I get really hungry when I do that. I pretracked all my food for today except snacks.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Tracked everything, drank a good amount of water (75 oz), didn't snack.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited April 2023
    @DrewsAnna - Hurray! That is such great news!

@trooworld - Me, too, to not wanting breakfast! I usually fast until lunchtime, though I have coffee (about 40 calories all told, as I include some almond or cashew milk). Maybe there's a way something like that can work for you? I keep reading about the value of a longer fasting window, so it seems worth trying!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140

PW: 136.2
    CW: 135.7

Hi Team, thanks for congratulating me for being on the leaderboard but I thought that once I reached maintenance, that my weight would not count with the teams' weigh-ins, is that not the case. What happens when we move to maintenance?

I'm so glad @DrewsAnna got the good news she was hoping to hear, that is awesome! Did you get a permeate marker, so they know that they checked that area before too? I think it's for the mammogram tech, so they know not to flag area that again.

@vegan4lyfe2012 are you a Nana now? Congratulations.

A huge congratulations to my team mates on the leaderboard, well done!

I saw my primary care today and she said not to lose any more weight. To just try and level off. I'm doing my best to. I swear I've been eating so much extra food I told my husband I need to eat a piece of chocolate a day, he said it better be very GOOD chocolate. MFP updated my diary today; it added an additional 250 calories. Being in maintenance mode is not easy since I am determined not to eat the food that caused me to gain weight, well it was not really the food it was me and portion sizes. And my love of Cookies and Cakes, plus, plus, plus.... Hopefully I will do better next week.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    @AustinRuadhain Great to have you back! Oh I can't wait to hear how you like the tea, I think it's the perfec thing to drink in spring, it's my new favorite tea for this time of year. Can't wait to hear more tea ideas, summer would be like watermelon or something right? Fall is all the great harvest apple/cinnamon pumpkin then Christmas is spicy and peppermint teas.

@fairymange Mission Slimpossibles has it goin on, haha! Sounds like a real fun spring break!

@DrewsAnna Yay so happy for you, I know it's like a second chance to get that news! Love the meme, that's too cute.

@shaunarlr83 Oh no that stinks about the plant sale! The first year I relapsed I couldn't stand in lines at ALL so I checked out Facebook Marketplace and found some cool local sellers and went to their houses, I met some awesome growers that way. Farmer's Markets may be another place, I have two different awesome growers right now plus the mushroom guy. Garden clubs have good sales too. Oh that festival sounds so fun, love your excitement!

@trooworld Yay for great days! I don't really care for breakfast either, I love the food and all that but would rather wait and eat brunch around 11 which makes it easier to spread out food with two meals and a snack.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations Nana! And thank you for the Easter card, I love it!

@FushiaKat Figuring out maintenance is a weird time, isn't it? Oh I think @trooworld or @broncobuddee may have missed that you weren't trying to lose.

Hi team! I slept horrible but it ended up raining so I know why I felt so bad at least. Did leg strength and stretching then I had the greenhouse to myself and got 10 trays started of lettuce, basil, squash, zucchini, cantaloupe, and okra started then had to find places for them. I picked up a ton of dirt at Lowe's and the food bank farm manager had offered to help me, I said it was ok but when I came home I looked to see if he was still there to help me and he'd gone home. I have to stop saying no to people helping me. I piled some dirt up on the walker and pushed it to the backyard but wasn't doing to big bags after all that as my upper back goes out super easy and I'm really worn out. Worked, booked next month's charity meeting, filled out the paperwork for my tooth extraction tomorrow, gardened, and got Jasper out on the leash for a few minutes. The best news is Bill's out of the hospital, I did some research on the blood deficiency he has and have some ideas but of course he'll have to listen to me. OK off to bed, have a great Wednesday!

No Zero Days
    healthy food under calories
    leg strength, abs, gardening/greenhouse, stretching
    water/tea
  • fairymange
    fairymange Posts: 10 Member
    @DrewsAnna Congratulations on amazing news!
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on being a nana soon- must be any moment now? So fun, hope everything went smoothly :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Ugh! No baby yet. They are giving her meds to regulate contractions, so doctor thinks by tomorrow evening. I WANT HER NOW! (insert bratty footstomp here)
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 172 Member
    @DrewsAnna wonderful news!! So happy for you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 cant wait to hear when that baby comes!

Today was my second day of being below calories! Hooray! However my veggies caught up with me and my IBS and it wasn’t pleasant. I will likely take a day off of my carrots and tomatoes to settle things a bit.
    My son and I went to another game night at the bakery/cafe. I didn’t order anything but he had banana cream pie and didn’t want it all. Guess where the rest went? My pie hole. 😕 Good thing game nights are only once a month! Bracing for our winter (spring) storm. Supposed to be about 20 cm (~8”) and blizzard like conditions. Don’t ask why I live here. 😔
  • trooworld
    @AustinRuadhain I hope so. Yesterday, I lasted until 10 am and then had some deli ham and a piece of cheese. My husband does OMAD (one meal a day) eating and has lost a huge amount of weight and really likes that way of eating. I couldn't do OMAD but I admire him for doing it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Woo hoo! How exciting! Good luck! I hope tonight is the night.

@FushiaKat That's great you are in maintenance now. I think @broncobuddee may need to officially move you to the maintenance part of the team.

@Katmary71 Yeah I'm going to give it a try. I'm sorry you were in pain. Yes, please accept help from people! <3 Good luck with the tooth extraction today. How does Jasper like the leash? Yay for Bill getting out of the hospital!

@sleepygirl79 Ugh, blizzards in April? I wouldn't like that at all lol. Be safe out there.

Hi all. Doing pretty well here. I haven't been sleeping well for no good reason at all but hormones. I also think I'm getting a migraine. I can't wait for this day to be over lol.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Tracked everything, drank a good amount of water (75 oz), didn't snack.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    Good morning Planet Slim!

It rained on and off yesterday, but today looks nice. I was planning to commute to work on the bicycle this morning. The sun rose right at 6:00am, but it still seemed a bit dark, and cars were running their headlights. I waited another half hour, and cars were still driving with lights on, so I decided to take the car. With the cloudy skies, it just didn't seem light enough to be safe. Temp was about 45F, so it was warm enough, and no rain in today's forecast, but better safe than sorry. I'll try it next week.

The grass really shot up on the lawns. Three days of sunshine and warms temps, and then two days of April showers - it's greening up FAST. Rich could not get the lawn mower going. I'll give him until next week and if he still can't get it running, I'm calling the guy I hired last year.

I am thinking about trying CBD oil for joint pain - has anyone here tried it with success? If yes, let me know the brand/type you are using.

-Mica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    Not feeling too hot but wanted to post my no Zeros and wish you all a happy Thursday, hope it's wonderful!

No zeros
    - healthy food under calories
    - chair cardio, arm and ab weights, stretching, gardening
    - not stopping for ice cream after tooth extraction even though I badly wanted to!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Quick check in again tonight folks. I forgot to weigh myself this morning! I have been weighing myself on Sunday morning for so many years, every once in a while I can’t remember on Wednesdays. I have it in my calendar for tomorrow morning. Things are going well, antibiotics have definitely worked, I am still quite puffy and I believe that’s from the antibiotics. A little worried about tomorrow’s weigh in, but I will be finished them on Friday, so at least they won’t be around for my next weigh in lol. I am continuing to get at least 5 to 5 1/2 hours of sleep every night, which is sheer heaven! Now that I am getting some sleep, it is so much easier to stay on track with my food. I am going to have a quieter day tomorrow, so I will be able to do a proper checking in. Hope everybody has a great night!
  • micaroo4
    @shaunarlr83 - 😲 OMG! What a close call! I'm so glad you are OK!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    @shaunarlr83 I am so very thankful that you and the other people are all ok.
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. I think it's incredible that you did those no zeros while not feeling well. I hope your mouth feels ok after the extraction. Hugs.

@laurelfit57 Do you want to switch your day to Sundays? I'm glad you are getting better sleep now.

@DrewsAnna Great effort/job with the exercise! I've seen ads for Body Groove on Instagram, it looks fun. I hope you like it.

@shaunarlr83 WOW! It's amazing that you all were okay. I'm so glad that Kassie talked you into coming inside. Who knows what would have happened if you tried to go on. How scary.

Hi all. I wasn't feeling so well in the tummy yesterday but luckily, I work from home today so I can take it easier.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Didn't snack, and listened to my body when eating.

This discussion has been closed.