WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry to intrude on the group chat, I was hoping that I could join Waistaways again! I was here back in 2021 and lost weight through all of your wonderful support. I couldn't work out how to re-join as the registration thread has disappeared from the home page for me. Please can you let me know @jugar ? Thank you :):)
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    PW: 218.2
    CW: 217.8

Sorry for the late weigh-in. Yesterday just flew by and before I knew it, it's Thursday evening!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @jugar love hearing your time with the horses.

@PlaneMonkey - hope the strike doesn't last too long and things can get back to normal for you.

@39flavours. - I will say yes to chocolate and a drink. It's easy to slip into the habit of having a drink or 2, something I've been trying to reduce to 1-2 days a week.

@ashleycarole86 I agree around this time of year salads just say spring to me

I've been able to have more down time because my course is not finished up. I have one more on the go in a few weeks but not going to stress about it yet. I've joined the peloton app and really enjoying having a good workout in the basement on the treadmill before work and doing it 3-4 times a week. Love the flexibility.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Just in the nick of time @micki48 (and so glad you made it in.. GREAT work!) What a cozy backyard feel... love the house. You must be over the moon!

m6u0l0euz4km.png
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,090 Member
    Options
    Love the new house @micki48 !!

Just a quick reminder for all the lovely Friday people, and anyone who is still due before Friday :smile:
    @AshenMoon
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @bobagurl2017
    @EvMakesChanges
    @micki48
    @LoraineGB
    @DianaGetsFit512
    @wishfuljune
    @PlaneMonkey

I'm still taking another excused week - there is no scale here :grimace: but at least I get back home next Tuesday night and have a couple of days to try to get things under control.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @micki48 what a yard! I can imagine the party we would have. I'm so excited for you to finally be settled again and the upheaval to be reduced so you can get back to focusing on everything you had to put on hold while dealing with everything over the last year and a bit.

@ashleycarole86 a second peloton is such a perfect solution for you. Are they side by side or facing each other, or in different rooms so you won't be distracted by each other?

Today was a better day on the picket line. I was joined by 4971 other people at the local member of Parliament's office to clap, chant, sing, and encourage honking horns in the sunshine instead of in the snow. There were even a couple of inflatable dinosaurs. Talks are still ongoing but no agreement yet so I'll be back out tomorrow.

@jugar did the news of the fate of the folks at CFB Petawawa reach your ears out there? Someone miscalculated how many staff to deem 'essential' to be excluded from the strike and so the base's central heating plant went below the minimum safe staff levels to operate and the result is they shut off the heat and hot water to 700 people in 21 buildings on base for 2 days! Wowsa!

I'm going away for the weekend with my high school girlfriends as soon as my picket shift is over and I'm coming back Sunday night just in time for my next hockey game (we played tonight as well!). I have so many details on packing and clothing and food all running around in my head that I hope I don't forget to weigh in tomorrow morning.... In about 6 hours. Ack! Time for sleep.

Night y'all!
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 192.4
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    CW 202.9
    PW 209.7

I’m thinking this is a lot of water weight from my disorderly 2.5 weeks.

Job is going good, I work with two really nice people and the Clinicians seem nice too but there are many of them and apart from three, all work odd days and hours. The office is tranquil (no drama) and we play lo-fi music for the clients so it’s my kind of vibe.

I’ve only walked two days as MO weather is at its finest - rolling thunder storms 🤷🏼‍♀️

Lots going on in the group….

@micki48 love the house
    @jugar love the photos of you and Jasper. Horse riding makes me laugh uncontrollably, it’s a reaction I can’t stop 🙆🏼‍♀️ I think it’s the movement, idk

@PlaneMonkey Sounds like you have many spinning plates, enjoy your weekend

I’ve read every post, sorry if I’ve missed a worthy mention
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    What can your teammates do to help? Ask away!
    What can you try to turn things around if you need to?
    How can we kick each other's butts or be there to lean on?

...what's the plan you need right now?

It is now Thursday. How can we all be doing better by next Thursday? Go!

I got back from vacation in Boston on Sunday, and I actually maintained while I was there! Spoilers for good food and good times in Boston:
    Tatte Bakery, a local chain up there- so good I had it two mornings in a row and took it on the train, haha:

mushroom acorn squash farro bowl and honey halva coffee :yum:
    snaxnem1se9t.png

chickpea puree and fava bean bowl, with the best warm, chewy pita bread
    fqi9urbnc2uw.png

lemon raspberry pavlova- to die for
    m3t7rak14wvv.png

their take on a fattoush salad, very good
    3pspdm21gocx.png

Gene's Flatbread Cafe- known for their hand-pulled noodles, and did not disappoint, the noodles were incredible.
    fi644o609tew.png

We of course had tea and scones at Abigail's Tea Room and played 1700s games. I found I am a clotted-cream-on-jam person, instead of the other way.
    kquyb0cce1l9.png

Mike's Pastry makes the best cannolis I've ever had. This was so good.
    0hx1j71sbvz9.png

Our tour guide on the ghost tour! She was funny and really great.
    rrlymtzkl0ya.png

Whatsisface throwing "tea" into the harbor:
    y03jzrtjj6hi.png

my favorite from the museum of bad art, I present: New Year's Bagel.
    qk4vw0wgrfi4.png

We did some other things, the Boston Athenaeum was great, and of course we did the freedom trail, and I ate a couple more things, but not many- I found I just wasn't that hungry after some of these good meals.

Calories for the week in and around Boston:
    7fl15k155pme.png

When I got back, I dedicated myself to 30 fruits/veg/herbs/nuts a week per @MoonlitMuse 's posts, and did some prep! I bought some little deli containers for the purpose and spent a couple hours getting everything prepared for the week.
    3cji4n4tecab.png
    Pictured: some fruits to go on top of my overnight oats (prepped in the big tub on top of my breadbox, haha), and the rest fruits for with my coffee in the morning, and a midafternoon snack. Chicken fajitas also on top of my breadbox for lunches.

This was somewhere around 27 fruits and veg, and these are before dinners every night, so I made over 30 this week.

And honestly, that's helped me so much this week, having snacks to grab that I had pre-logged and knew they supported my goals.

I plan on doing the same this week, doing this prepwork on Sunday, and reaping the benefits throughout next week.

I've also signed up for three gym classes next week that I'm very excited about, and I just finished 2 of three this week, the next being tomorrow. I love being back at my gym. I always love having done it, and I love the classes themselves.

Despite loving the gym and the classes, I don't ever want to go to the gym after a long day of work, but if I don't cancel my gym class by 9am the day of, I get charged for the class anyway, so I figure, I might as well go. So far I haven't ever cancelled on a class unless I'm sick or can't get there for another reason, so that helps a lot.

I've been logging weights in the 172's all week, hopefully tomorrow morning I can post a loss.

I'm hoping I can push my average weight trendline to the 172s this month, but we'll see what happens- the end of the month is approaching quickly.

@micki48 that back patio :love:

I hope everyone has a great non-zero day today. :smile:
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey
    Have a great girls weekend - how fun!!
    The second Peloton is right beside the first, and slightly set back because one caveat is that Peloton doesn't allow you to run one membership on two bikes at the same time, so I basically run the class we're going to do, and Brad does free riding on the second bike that's not logged in.
    It's not perfect, but I think we'll make it work.... or get frustrated and get a second membership (but we're trying not to let them win!!)

@CupcakeCrusoe
    I love me some good trip pics.. and you have such a well laid out of plan for getting back to regular life. Very good detail... inspires me to think ahead!

Enjoy your Friday everyone.. we're about to head into the office.
This discussion has been closed.