• laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 146.6
    CW: 147
    +.4

I am up.4 and am actually pretty pleased:). I am still quite puffy from the antibiotics (I had to take my rings off last night due to the swelling). I was thinking I might be up a few pounds this weigh in, can’t wait to be done these pills on Friday!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW: 146.6
    CW: 147
    +.4

I am up.4 and am actually pretty pleased:). I am still quite puffy from the antibiotics (I had to take my rings off last night due to the swelling). I was thinking I might be up a few pounds this weigh in, can’t wait to be done these pills on Friday!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I've used CBD oil first orally and it didn't do anything but topically it did help but I use it for nerve pain in my legs and feet. Shoot I don't recall the brand, it may have been Elixinol as I've been following them for awhile, it was a hemp oil version I bought about 5 years ago. I use a marijuana tea now but it's from a local grower (entire legs and feet is expensive to use CBD topically so I use Volteran gel instead and the tea but I've heard good things for joint pain too).

@laurelfit57 I hope the sleep keeps up and the weigh in goes well! Is there anything you attribute toward getting better sleep?

@DrewsAnna We're happy you're part of this group! Honestly I smile every time I see your photo pop up in my feed. It sounds like you had a great day being on track! Hey I've done Body Groove, she's a pretty awesome person too. I was doing different dances for awhile and have a few of hers on my playlist. I'm curious to hear how you like her program. Have you done Another One Bites The Dust? I end up with my cats following me around when I do that one, pretty funny.

@shaunarlr83 Holy cow thank goodness you're okay, that sounds terrifying!

@trooworld Oh good I'm glad you can stay at home with not feeling well, hope the tummy is better.

Hi team! I went to the greenhouse this morning after my leg weights and stretching and we got a lot done, all the tomatoes and peppers are in bigger pots now. I think it will be a lot easier for me having a day in between so I don't have the greenhouse and farm back-to-back, now that we're caught up I can help at the farm putting seedlings in. My babies are growing! It's the first night my tomatoes and peppers here are going to stay out all night without a blanket so I'm a little nervous. I got about an hour in today in my yard, I'm trying to reuse half old potting mix and new mix so I'm dividing it up around my containers right now which is taking awhile. I met a friend for a small Blizzard and came home to eat dinner since it's hard to eat with the flapper in, the chicken and fries at DQ smelled amazing so I'm proud of myself for resisting! Have a great Friday team, keep being amazing.

No Zero Days
    leg weights, stretching, gardening/farm
    great water
    about at calories but definitely not all healthy with a puppy chow Blizzard!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @micaroo4 I went on Elixinol's website and it wasn't them that I ordered from, I started following them when I was looking for options as far as non-prescription pain relief. I ended up trying the hemp CBD then got my license for CA and tried some things through the dispensary that didn't go well as I'm real sensitive to marijuana. It was a small $30 bottle I tried orally that didn't seem to do anything but it worked well topically, that's just too expensive for how much I needed to use and a friend grows the tea and makes it and I feel normal and thankfully just have less pain and am tired vs feeling "stoned". I do have a 35% off coupon for Elixinol as I get their emails but am pretty terrified to try anything new as it made my pain insane when I tried all these different things from the medical dispensary. It's EARTHDAY35 through the 23rd if you want to try something from them, I must've read in a pain group someone used them so I subscribed but never ordered.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW: 160
    CW: 160.7

@shaunarlr83 omg, I'm so glad you are ok! That must've been terrifying.

@Katmary71 I'll be sure to look for that one. Lol, if I wind up on the ground Chipper will be the happiest boy ever.

Hey y'all,

I gained again but I expected it. It's a brand new week and I'm trying to work on getting back on track. I made good food choices and I ate my veggies. 😅 I did some housework and a workout, lol, and I definitely made my step goal. Today was a good day for me.

I woke up to a surprise today. Lol, I had 2 newborn kittens. One of them was almost dead. So, I wrapped it up in a blanket (it seemed frozen) and took it in the house and warmed some milk. I used a medicine dropper and drop some drops in its mouth. I just held that baby to get it to warm up. After about an hour it started moving around and meowing. I took it out to mom and the other kitten and momma kitty took right over. I've kept a close eye on both kittens and momma and all are doing good. I didn't take any pictures, but I will tomorrow.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 171.7
    CW 171.9

+0.2
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @shaunarlr1983 - Oh my goodness, that is a terrifying story. I'm so glad that help was there and you all made it through OK.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Thank you for the information on Elixinol and the coupon code. I've tried Voltaren, but it's so messy to put on. I didn't get that much relief and it made me think the relief that I was getting was from the lengthy massage I did just trying to rub it in.

A nice day today; it looks like it will be sunny but cool. Rain is coming for Sunday and Monday, but I've got the day off today and want to make the most of it. I'm hoping to get outdoors for a bike ride and a walk, but right now, I've got pain in my left leg and I'm having difficulty walking. I was fine when I woke up; this started rather suddenly and with no apparent cause. I've been trying to "walk it off", hobbling around the house. At least it's not getting any worse.

-Mica
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all

username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:245.1
    CW:248.0
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 227.6
    CW: 226.8

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 That's a great weigh-in considering you are on antibiotics.

@Katmary71 Thanks, it's better today. Sounds like a productive day at the greenhouse. I hope your tomatoes and peppers do okay. Way to resist that DQ chicken and fries!

@DrewsAnna Congrats on a good day! Awww, what a nice surprise I hope they are okay. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Hi all. I lost a bit this morning and this is the 2nd week in a row that I've lost so I'm happy about this. I am off today because I have to go to a work event tomorrow all day. I'm going to take Violet and go with a friend and her dogs to dog beach, the happiest place on earth! I'm making Taiwanese Beef Noodle Soup for dinner, which is usually a 3-4 hour process but I'm using the pressure cooker so it will be about a 2-3 hour process instead.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Didn't snack, ate healthy meals.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 125.4
    CW: 124.9
    I’ll be away next week and don’t know the internet, nor scale availability, so I might skip the check in.
    Wish you all a good week and good weather.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Sounds like you did great today! Oh wow so glad you got the kittens to come around. Is the mom your cat? Good thing you were there for the one, so glad it's doing better. I've never done that with kittens but have with squirrels and a possum (teen ex-boyfriend was a tree climber and didn't want to leave babies to die after cutting the tree, possum was in my yard).

@micaroo4 I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better, hopefully sleep will knock it out (if you can sleep of course!). Funny you said that about the massage, most the stuff I use doesn't help a lot but helps a little, I feel like I'm being negative if I say something only helps half a pain level but when you're super bad half a pain level is a big relief. I agree though that Volteran isn't drastic. I put it on after ACV/epsom salt baths so the combo of the three helps.

@trooworld The peppers and tomatoes lasted the night! Zucchini and squash look terrible but that's ok, my goal was only one or two. Congratulations on the loss! Dog beach sounds awesome! I made your skinnytaste baked ziti tonight, too bad it only has a tiny bit of cheese, haha!

@GabiV125 Have a great week away, hope it's a fun one and not work!

Hi everyone! Been dragging a bit today but I got my main things done. Got in a good workout, got my work done, and spent the rest of the afternoon in the yard. Took Jasper out on the leash, he was doing good two years ago then got real scared when we went in my car so I put the least away but thought we'd give it another try now, I'll include that at the end. Excuse my beat-up plants and dirty deck! Been struggling with overeating when I can't sleep every few days, now that I ate all the chocolate maybe it will be easier to resist. Have a great Saturday and weekend! I'll be at the farm tomorrow, afternoon is yard and grocery shopping. I was invited to a kid's party Sunday, I was thinking of just giving him cash, is $20 enough for a friend's 11-year-old? If not I won't go, sounds mean but it wasn't in my budget and have family birthdays and Mother's Day around the corner.

No Zero Days
    healthy food, under calories
    great water
    gardening, chair cardio, strength training for arms, stretching.

vw8xqdfo1w6y.jpg
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weight in day: Monday
    PW: 199.8
    CW: 198.8
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all!

I forgot to take a picture of the kittens, I will definitely do that tomorrow. They are doing fine. The one that I helped so it would survive is thriving. That makes me so happy.

Today, was another good day! I did some deep, deep cleaning in one of my bathrooms (I despise cleaning bathrooms), lol, it looks really nice now. One down and another one to go. I listened to music just as loud as my little JBL would go and danced. I was certainly in my element. I did a couple of my body groove videos. Bottom line, I got a lot of exercise today. I didn't log any because I didn't actually, intentionally, exercise.

I made some good food choices again today, we had pizza for dinner but, I made sure to get a salad to go with my pizza and I drank water.

Sunday is hubby and I anniversary, we are celebrating tomorrow so I probably won't be on. Dinner out and we are going to see an "Eagles" tribute band. That'll be fun.

Y'all have a good one!!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Here to catch up after being in a slump this week.

🎉Congratulations to all those who made the leader board, had a loss and those who keep hanging in here🎉

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the negative biopsy 💖. Oh the baby kitty, you’re so kind. Glad they’re doing well. Happy Anniversary 💐

@shaunarlr83 rattlesnake festival sounds scary and fun. Wohoo on the loss this week. Happy hiking, those calories burned are amazing. A tornado? Ok just finished reading, that is so scary. I’m thankful you all are ok. I am so glad you all had prayers and togetherness.

@trooworld thanks for the link on how to switch it up. I appreciate it. Breakfast, I am bored of what I have been doing and am looking for some changes. So I feel you on wanting to skip it. I can’t because my blood sugar will drop too low. Good job on getting the water in. I’m still working on mine. I forget to log it all. Congrats on the loss! How are the doggies doing? I have a crazy story about mine. I’ll share below.

@AustinRuadhain you made a point about coffee for breakfast. Maybe @trooworld may consider smoothies with protein powder or ice coffee.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on your new grand baby!!!!

@FushiaKat well wishes for your maintenance to go well and easily for you. I so feel you on not wanting to eat the things that got your weight up. I’m trying to break those habits.

@Katmary71 again I want to thank you for Sydney Cummings videos. I love love love them, even though I am cussing like a sailor during the burn! 😂 (no worries I work out alone and no one hears me) for some reason my strength work outs are not registering into mfp unless I manually do it, but I am doing a minimum of 3 a week. I hope your peppers and tomatoes do well. We have cherry tomatoes popping up and weirdly chili peppers are ready. They never grew during the pandemic but decided to now. They’re spicy too. $20 seems fine to me. It’s the thought that counts. Honestly, I’m happy for the guest to come and share in the fun. Omg I laughed when you said you ate all the chocolate. Sounds like me 😂 but with bread.

@sleepygirl79 your blizzard living life sounds fun but I am sure annoying. Snow makes me so happy but shoveling it would make me run. 😂

@micaroo4 I’m excited for biking weather/timing for you. I do my inside cycling but am considering a bike for the summer. I should get outdoors.

@laurelfit57 I hope you’re feeling great now. Glad your WI went pretty good. Meds can really mess a wi up. Ugh

@19shmoo69 Sorry to hear your wife is unwell. Sending prayers.

——-

Sorry, I’ve been slacking on check ins. It was a busy, glum week. Kids are on a short holiday. Carbs have been had, weight is up 2lbs and tomorrow is WI. Ugh! Sorry, if it doesn’t come off in 24+ hours.

Today, I am hoping I am mentally back on track. I have to go out with my youngest for dinner and she wants her usual Texas Roadhouse. So that is good for me. Protein and salad.

I’ve been doing better at my steps and doing strength workouts. My eating although within calories (minus post diary sharing snack fest with my daughter) the carbs have done did me in. I know better and have to refight that battle.

Doggies 🐶 story!!

So two of my girls like to sneak out. Someone didn’t close the gate well at night and out they went. They typically go play at the neighbors. Grab a snack and come back. We put apple airtags on them but that doesn’t stop them from a stroll.

So right away when my son came home, he saw they were off. So he tracks them. He’s driving like a stalker late at night through the neighborhood. Comes across a car full of guys. They ask, “Are you
    Looking for something?” he says, ya! They ask, “Whats the color?” He’a like black and golden. (German shepard and gold saluki) they’re like follow us. 😂

(He says mom, it’s like a tv scene for a drug deal).

They take me to a dark road where a new Mercedes G wagon stops and a new Cadillac.

The guys get out. My son is alone. The new guy ask about the color again. My son tells him. He puts the window down a bit and my 2 crazies pop their WET heads out like…

HELLO!!!!

So apparently they went in this guys gate and took a swim in his pool!!!

He puts my wet crazies in his car and starts looking for the owners with his friends. They’re tagged and collars, so it’s obvious they have a home.

Talk about embarrassing!!! Thankful at the same time. The guy was so nice about it. My son was like, ugh 2 wet dogs in my truck 🤣.

I run a circus 🎪 here!!!

I’m also hamster sitting and I am so happy. A local pet group had a post for a hamster sitter (which is unusual) so I offered. My hams have passed away and I miss them terribly. So now I have this big boy and he’s so cute. Long haired fluff ball.

That’s my latest. Family is well and summer is on the way. Wohoo! I live winter but I am ready for the kids to out of school for a while.
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Username: Micaroo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 126.6
    CW: 126.8

GOAL ZONE: 127-133 (center weight 130)

I'm still working my way back UP to my goal range; my gain should not count against the team.
    ⚖️
    -Mica
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Can Jasper get out of that harness? I tried a harness on Earl, and he just turns around and starts backing up until the leash is tight and he is able to slip out of the harness backwards. He does it really fast too; the only way to stop him from getting out of the harness is to drop the leash when he starts trying to back up. I would love to bring him outdoors but I don't have confidence that a leash will hold him.

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - Thinking of you and your family. Hope your wife is OK.
This discussion has been closed.