Beccaboo's Lower Carb Challenge and My Daily Tasks for Long Term Success

Options

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I take the CBD oil internally, but some companies do have topical lotions to apply on the skin, Maggie!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I just asked my husband-he did take it orally. I guess I need to be more attentive because I really thought he tried it topically.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    MorticiaAddamsMSFS Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I tried the skin kind.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Easter threw me for a loop. A friend sent sis an I am Easter basket. She sent a sugar free coffee syrup which was very thoughtful, but I also got into the jelly beans that were sent. I ordered junk to be brought in the grocery run (Fritos and Mike's hard lemonade) and I've been having that.

I started breakfast today with an open face BLT and then fixed a 3 egg omelette. Hopefully all the protein will put me back on track.

I donated a few bucks to help build a community garden, and plan to start going there for classes.

I've been running a little temperature the past few days, so maybe that's why I fell off the wagon. I've dusted myself off, and crawled back on it for now.

Happy Easter.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Well, today was the day. Petey the Poodle passed peacefully with the help of our good local vet, Dr. Cuffe. We love you forever, our sweet Pete.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear this. It is so hard to lose pets.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Thank u, Maggie.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I am so sorry about Petey. Hugs.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Well, I'm still counting carbs, but allowing myself some items I don't usually eat, like mashed potatoes. It's comfort eating. I eat it balanced with protein and veggies. My blood glucose has been really good lately. Trulicity makes me nauseous so I don't want to eat much, but I do still eat. I skipped dinner last night and just had a carb master yogurt late in the evening, and it appears that my BG was a steady 94 all night long. I think I would add about 15 more points to that based on my last blood prick reading.

Excellent compliance on meds! I use a slender fridge organizer beside my bed for my meds, and take them the first thing in the morning.

Still not much compliance on vitamins, but will take one now.

Still physically thrashed, but I do walk the stairs several times per day so I am getting some activity.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Sounds like great blood sugar control. I like some comfort food too. I have a pill organizer where I eat and take them twice a day. Prescription and vitamins.
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! You reminded me to take my calcium (just barely inside the the osteopenia range, a diagnosis thanks to my first dexascan last year.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    @maggie, woot!

@tish, wtg!

Finally compliant on my vitamin!
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Thanks!
  • sls631
    sls631 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about loss of Peter. It’s tough to lose the animals we love so much.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Good job on the vitamins!
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Thank u, sls!

Still doing well on the daily vitamin, and getting some more strength!
  • MaggieGirl135
    Options
    Wow! A reminder for my calcium again! Dang! I need to set an alarm for the mid-day dose. Thanks.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    I usually get my meds in but sometimes not exactly on time.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Options
    Compliant on all meds and vitamins! Go to doc this Wednesday for a check up and blood work. I'm trying to incorporate more veggies and legumes in my diet. Fresh fruit is so expensive now! I've been getting frozen fruit to mix with my plain yogurt in the mixer.
  • MorticiaAddamsMSFS
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing well.