WaistAways Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    CW: 159.9
    Aww the ups and downs have started again. This is very normal for me and hopefully soon I will see a whoosh of weight loss!

I do know I need to do something different with my work days - I log on at 7:30 and log off at 4:00 - no real breaks and the whole time I am stress out. After work I mindlessly scroll my groups on Facebook or watch dog videos on Instagram! Soooo starting today I will find some sort of way to get some exercise (walking if it’s nice outside or something on YouTube) and reading your posts daily. Everything you all say is so motivating so why am I not taking advantage of it??!! (too lazy I guess!) So that’s my challenge for this week - start making some good changes for my health!!

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 I also look at the TDEE calculator and subtract 500 calories. One other method I heard is take your goal weight and multiply by 12. Either way, I try to eat around 1500-1700 calories per day. I really found the range to be so much easier on my mental thoughts than a single number. Yes, some days I go over, but some days I am under too.

@micki48 I love the house! Those lights over the patio are very inviting!

@CupcakeCrusoe that looks like a great trip to Boston and that cannoli looks delicious!

This past week I managed well, even with the lunch potluck, book club, and work dinner! I have a wedding to go to tonight, and a work lunch next week, but I think I have these planned out. I went to the gym this morning too! Today is rainy, but tomorrow looks nice, so I hope to work out in the yard 😊

Also, to the gardners out there...are there any vegetables you like to plant that don't require much sun? I have a raised garden in the back of our house and tried to grow some veggies, but it didn't get enough sun to do much. The trees nearby provide a lot of shade.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    PW: 80,3Kg
    CW: 80,1Kg

Steps 16-22
    Sunday - 1,958
    Monday - 6,384
    Tuesday - 5,666
    Wednesday - 4,337
    Thursday - 5,240
    Friday - 1,934
    Saturday - 1,856
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Heya! Sorry for the late response, busy spring week! CW: 232 @jugar
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    The April Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, April 23rd. Please join us for the
    1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 Challenge
    . Bring your creativity and let's build a plan for your week. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889157/april-week-4-group-challenge-1-2-3-4-5-challenge#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @DianaGetsFit512 I also look at the TDEE calculator and subtract 500 calories. One other method I heard is take your goal weight and multiply by 12. Either way, I try to eat around 1500-1700 calories per day. I really found the range to be so much easier on my mental thoughts than a single number. Yes, some days I go over, but some days I am under too.

This past week I managed well, even with the lunch potluck, book club, and work dinner! I have a wedding to go to tonight, and a work lunch next week, but I think I have these planned out. I went to the gym this morning too! Today is rainy, but tomorrow looks nice, so I hope to work out in the yard 😊

Also, to the gardeners out there...are there any vegetables you like to plant that don't require much sun? I have a raised garden in the back of our house and tried to grow some veggies, but it didn't get enough sun to do much. The trees nearby provide a lot of shade.

First of all, great work on the planning for potluck, clubs, work dinners, weddings, and a work lunch! That is a LOT and you are doing well for sure.

As to your gardening question, the best for slightly less sunny places are leaf lettuces, arugula, spinach - especially if you want to eat them while small, like a mesclun mix for salads. Most of those do well in cooler areas, so getting them out of the super hot sun makes them happy.
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe @lauren_989

Thank you guys!
    So the issue I bump into is I find the recommendations are too high, but maybe that’s why I struggle when I choose my own lower number… I’m probably hungry
    Will redo it today and see what it recommends and try that minus 500.
    Thanks for the support guys!

Btw pretracking def helps… I just stink at doing it because I try to do a whole week.. I’ll try this week just one day at a time and go from there
  • DianaGetsFit512
    Options
    Ok so I’m still confused lol
    @CupcakeCrusoe @lauren_989 @jugar

So I used that calculator and got my
    BMR: 1,699
    TDEE: 2,730
    -500 would be 2,230
    (I know I would not lose if I was eating 2230 daily for a fact)

Redid my goals on MFP and it recommended 1,620 for not very active losing 1lb weekly…lol big difference

What would you guys recommend I go with?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    So I used that calculator and got my
    BMR: 1,699
    TDEE: 2,730
    -500 would be 2,230
    (I know I would not lose if I was eating 2230 daily for a fact)

Redid my goals on MFP and it recommended 1,620 for not very active losing 1lb weekly…lol big difference
    What would you guys recommend I go with?

I think 1620 is a reasonable thing to shoot for. Like I said, that TDEE calculator gave me a couple hundred extra calories despite me being as honest as I could, haha. No calculator is perfect.

As long as you log as accurately as you can, and stick to around 1600, you'll be able to make a determination about whether that gives you the rate of loss you want in a few weeks. :smile: It's hard to be patient, to not change your calories after just a week if you're not seeing what you might like, but it's important to stick with it to filter out the noise of water weight and all that. And at around 1600, barring some metabolic disorder or something, you will definitely lose weight. It's just a matter of how much.

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    @DianaGetsFit512 I looked at that calculator and the TDEE was higher on that one than the one I use. I usually also put sedentary because I don't like to eat my calories back. My BMR is 1680, my TDEE is 2010. That is why my goal is 1500-1700. I use tdeecalculator.net
  • DianaGetsFit512
    Options
    Thank you ladies for taking the time to respond and look over the numbers
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    @lauren_989
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh-in. It's not great so I won't linger...

PW - 186.1
    CW - 186.9

TTFN
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,102 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    I just finished the tallies, and we had a nice green week! Our first of the month. And we even rose up to 2nd place among the 5 teams, so I would call that a good one. Let's keep it going!
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 92 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Good evening Waistaways!

PW 235.1 lbs
    CW 234.1 lbs

One pound lost - I'll take it 😁
    Have a lovely rest of Sunday 🥰
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options