Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,931 Member
    Hi Tim!🙋‍♀️
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    edited April 2023
    @katmary71 I just love the pictures of your flowers, they are just so beautiful and bright! Good for you for going with the water instead of wine! When I choose wine instead of water, I always choose more food as well🥴. You really are so very considerate to give your friend those plants, I am sure they truly brightened up her day!

@shaunarir83 that tornado sounds absolutely terrifying! Your hike sounds like so much fun, by the pictures, very challenging as well! I hope you will share a picture of you and your black dress at red high heels! Good for you!

@Cornanda I got the recipe from my trainer and it did not include any garlic or molasses. Another trick is to bake them on a baking sheet so it is spread out really thin. Then you can easily cut them up into tiny little squares, very easy to use that way! I ended up with so many that I’ve froze a bunch and would just take them out of the freezer as needed. I think this is basically the one I used, https://moorlandseater.com/tuna-dog-treats/?amp#wprm-recipe-container-21261

I couldn’t really see what was going on, but I could hear the trainer and he was saying a few of the things they taught me:). I can tell you the things that I used for Vannie, she was really quite reactive to some very odd things when she was young. For things like garbage, cans, etc. that you are expecting, we just used space. If Vannie was reacting to something we were standing 10 feet away from, then we would stand 15 feet away, I would find wherever she was comfortable and reward her on that. The next day I would go a little bit closer, never pushing too far, it was super gradual, these were the times that I was really using tuna brownies lol. If I pushed a bit too far, then we would take a step back to where she was comfortable and get lots of tuna brownies for that nice quiet sit. For unexpected things, she would react to, I taught her to focus on my face. So I would have the tuna brownie in my hand, point to my nose with treat in hand, say focus, as soon as she looked at my face, I would mark it with a “YES” then immediately give her the treat. She soon learned that if I said the word focus she would get a treat if she looked at my face (I have heard trainers use the word watch as well). When Vannie was about six months old, that’s when we went into lockdown. Because I live on my own Vannie very seldom ever saw men. She used to be super reactive to men, so even out for a walk, if she saw a man coming anywhere in her vision, she would start barking! I used focus a lot for this, I never knew for sure when a man was going to come around the corner LOL. I still use this one to this day probably once a day at least (examples - loud dog on the other side of the street, I want her focused on me not any other dogs, squirrels running across the street, I don’t want her chasing them, so focus and she is right back with attention to our walk). I hope that makes sense, I’m not very good at explaining it. I know that Gus is going to do great, one of the trainer told me so much of it is building their confidence and knowing that you are right there. I am sure that Gus is going to be amazing once his confidence is up there.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sophie is just beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!!! Grandchildren are such a great motivator, I had to get my butt in gear because I found it was way too hard to play!

@trooworld I am so sorry to hear about your migraine but glad you finally got some relief!! Thanks so much for sharing the plate method. My cousin was just actually talking about that, she’s a nurse.

Well, my hamstring is finally letting up and I can actually do some walking without much aggravation. I talked to my daughter-in-law, and she said I could go back to my infrared sauna. I didn’t really think about it, but I think that has been part of the reason why I had been sleeping better. I have an infrared sauna, and just started using it again about a month ago. She said I could use my infrared sauna, but I need to wrap ice around my hamstring while in the sauna.🤣. I will take what I can get! Hopefully this will get my sleep back on track, I only slept about three hours last night.
    Sorry if I am babbling in this post, just a bit sleep deprived. Hope everybody had a great Thursday!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    Hi all -
    Your new member @DJill68 posted her own thread and I have given her the link to come here - please give her a hand if she needs it, thanks!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    @Cornanda Way to go on the stretching! I’m doing good on exercise, been tackling the weights hard and getting in yard time plus more upper back stretching.

@shaunarlr83 That’s so funny my cats are half Maine Coon, one’s a skittish moody introvert and the other’s outgoing and friendly rushing up to greet people so I got one like a regular cat and one like a Maine Coon. I can’t wait to see you rocking that black dress and red heels, 40 here you come! What a beautiful waterfall, I’m glad you got outside.

@trooworld Thank goodness your migraine left! My guess would be your coworker doesn’t have as severe of migraines, these days I’ll get ones slightly worse than a headache but when I was younger I had the severe ones with bad pain, auras, throwing up, etc.. I can still function with the more mild ones I get now but feel so bad for you when you’re going through them.

@tfelts147 Hi Tim, welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! @19shmoo69 Will be happy he’s no longer one of the only guys posting! I hope this is just what you need to get back down to your goal weight. I can’t keep any of those things in the house either, it’s hard when you don’t live alone to keep things out!

@laurelfit57 Me too, as soon as I’m tipsy I’m craving carbs and not complex ones. I’m glad to hear your hamstring is doing better, that’s awesome! I hope you get more sleep tonight.
    @DJill68 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

Hi everyone! Had a long day at the greenhouse and in my yard and am going to bed next but wanted to catch up and wish everyone a happy Friday, make it a great one!

No Zero Days
    - Tons of water (in the 90s)
    - Gardening, strength/cardo and stretching, greenhouse
    - Healthy food aside of the half a piece of fish from fish and chips last night.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Welcome @tfelts147 and all of the new members!!! I know you all will love it here once the new month gets started and you all get in the groove!

@trooworld - I’m so glad your headache went away, thank you for sharing that portion plate love that perspective!

@laurelfit57 - This place is where I’m most excited to share my pics 😂😂😂 it was really terrifying but I think the fact that I didn’t really know it was coming until it was too late made it a bit less traumatizing! I hope you get some much needed rest soon!

@Katmary71 - I hope you have a great Friday too! I love how cat personalities vary so much but are so human like in a lot of ways! My mom has two also, an old lady acting one who likes no one and sticks to herself, she always has to lay on something and likes to perch as high up as possible, probably to sit and judge all of us 😂 she won’t eat her food unless it’s in the perfect place in her bowl, she literally will sit there and stare at it until my mom moves it, it’s hilarious my mom pampers to her needs because she doesn’t even like her, they’re just two old bickering women I suppose…the other one is young and doesn’t like people so she hides a lot but my mom says she pesters her all night wanting snuggles.

I got some good sleep today and have felt great at work staying busy! I finally got a short arm workout in also so that helped me feel much better. I’ve already made out my May goals but I’ll post them in the new month thread when it’s open.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 171.9
    CW: 170.8

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    @laurelfit57 - Thank you SO much for taking the time to write all that to me. Appreciate it very much!

Company arrives today! Yay!

Lisa
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all
    username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:248.0
    CW:248.0
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 226.8
    CW: 229.0

+2.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @tfelts147 Welcome to our team! That's great you were able to get down to the 220s, congrats! I wish you the best for the rest of it.

@laurelfit57 Thanks for sharing your experience with Vannie, it gives me hope that Violet can settle down, too, one day! Thanks, I'm glad the migraine is gone, too. :) Interesting about the infrared sauna. I hope you can get back to decent sleep.

@Katmary71 Yes! Maybe you are right but I think she's just a workaholic lol. I definitely cannot work during them! Great water intake, Kat!

@shaunarlr83 Thanks! I'm glad you got some good sleep.

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss and good luck with your company!

Hi all. I was working from home on a video work call with someone from another department and my dogs got in a big fight. It was so embarrassing. They pulled my laptop off the desk while I was in the middle of the call and I had to break up the fight. Ugh. It was funny, and embarrassing, and it depressed me for the rest of the evening. I'm so glad it's Friday lol.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank a good amount of water (75 oz).

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 235
    CW: 238
  • jugar
    Please welcome another new member for May - @gjaholy33 will be with you very soon. Thanks!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW: 160.7
    CW: 160.6

Hey y'all, I've been busy and haven't really here. I haven't been really logging my food either. The last couple of days I have made a lot of good choices and I'm hoping the scale will reflect that next week.

Today, the sun is shining and we are supposed to be in the upper 70's and I bought a bunch of flowers to make hanging baskets. So, I'll try and catch up with you all later.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,931 Member
    @gjaholy33 - Welcome!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    @gjaholy33 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, we're happy you're here!

Hi team, not feeling too hot but wanted to wish you all a wonderful weekend, let's finish this month strong!

No Zero Days
    - healthy food under calories
    - good water
    - chair cardio, strength, stretching, tiny bit of gardening
  • jugar
    The May team chat is now open! Please continue to post all April stats here through end of Saturday, and go to the new thread to post your (re)introductions, goals, and commitments for May here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889601/mission-slimpossible-team-chat-may-2023/p1
This discussion has been closed.