Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @dcresider Welcome! You and I are both the same age and I'm recently retired as well. I split my time between Houston and Colorado. I love my wine too- and to run -albeit not super fast. As a heavier runner, I always feel like I'm a bit of an imposter at races, but I'm getting better about this one.

@ganival Welcome also! What type of indoor cycle do you have ? I'm addicted to my Peloton. There is a group bike challenge on MFP to ride 2023 miles in 2023. You can join at any time. I didn't ride that much last year, so I made it 2022 KM instead. Very motivating. I'll hunt for the link and post it.

The group step challenge is good for runners. Which reminds me- Can I re-join for May? I'd like to keep it at 10000 steps. Easy on running days. Not easy on bike days.

Ugh. The part I've been avoiding - the weekly weigh-in.

@SavageMrsMoose

PW: 142.8 (April 7th)

CW: 148.0

Total gain of 2 pounds for the month of April so could be worse.

I know some of this is water weight as I weighed a few times on hotel scales on my trip and my husband found them to read HIGHER than the home one, but here we are. Hopefully that means I'll have a few good weigh ins in my future!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Sorry for posting a day late again. This is my Thursday weigh in report. I just forgot to post it here:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 134.3
    CW: 134.2

SW: 168
    LtD: 33.8

This is a minuscule change but my goal this month is to stay ‘in the green’ so it’s good enough. Best wishes as we finish strong in April!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    April week 4
    Weigh in day: Friday, April 28
    PW: 238.2
    CW: 238.9 ( gained 0.7 lbs; 0.29%) this week
    LTD: ( gained 0.2 lbs; 0.08%) this month
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 4/25: 9,548
    Wed 4/26: 15,208
    Thu 4/27: 11,466
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Please welcome another eager new member - @dancingonstarz should be here soon!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 199.6
    CW 200.2

steps:
    4/25 15,902
    4/26 15,250
    4/27 17,661

Apologies, I haven't caught up on all the messages. It's been a bit of a busy but good week. I got enough sleep but didn't track food and didn't get any weight lifting sessions in. Hope you are all keeping well and I'll try to catch up soon!
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose I use Zwift! I have a bike set up on a Wahoo Kickr. There are lots of fun group rides to join, worlds to explore but I love to set up custom workouts then zone out to Netflix or YouTube.

Peloton bikes look soooo cool and I hear they have great instructors and music!

@ganival Welcome also! What type of indoor cycle do you have ? I'm addicted to my Peloton. There is a group bike challenge on MFP to ride 2023 miles in 2023. You can join at any time. I didn't ride that much last year, so I made it 2022 KM instead. Very motivating. I'll hunt for the link and post it.

The group step challenge is good for runners. Which reminds me- Can I re-join for May? I'd like to keep it at 10000 steps. Easy on running days. Not easy on bike days.

Ugh. The part I've been avoiding - the weekly weigh-in.

@SavageMrsMoose

PW: 142.8 (April 7th)

CW: 148.0

Total gain of 2 pounds for the month of April so could be worse.

I know some of this is water weight as I weighed a few times on hotel scales on my trip and my husband found them to read HIGHER than the home one, but here we are. Hopefully that means I'll have a few good weigh ins in my future!

Have a great weekend everyone!

• ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    @dcresider We are also headed to Banff this summer! It'll be our 3rd time but so much to explore. Hope you have a great trip!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @ganival - Oh thank you and am looking forward to it. It's a short trip which means if we love it (I'm sure we will), that we will be back. It will be our first time in Calgary or that part of Canada.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    NEED A VOLUNTEER!!!

wdtdqdow5rz8.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    j1kznin8r3ve.jpg
    jugar wrote: »
    Please welcome another eager new member - @dancingonstarz should be here soon!

Welcome @dancingonstarz to the Shape Shifters Team. Take a few minutes and introduce yourself and go back to pg 1 of this thread and read our FAQ which should answer most of your questions. Anything else, just ask. If you're a walker/running, please think about signing up for our Step Challenge. You'll read more about that in the FAQ. We have weekly group challenges that start every Sunday and run through Saturday. They're always different and have members from all five of the Fat2Fit teams. Nice time to make new friends and stay motivated. I'll be posting the link for next week's tomorrow afternoon.

On behalf of myself, @Pupowl and @PatriceFitnessPal , again WELCOME!!! We're glad you're here!

Good luck in May and beyond!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    The May team chat is now open! Please continue to weigh in and post stats for this week here through the end of Saturday. Go ahead to the new chat to post (re)introductions, goals, and commitments for the new month:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889599/shape-shifters-team-chat-may-2023/p1?new=1
This discussion has been closed.