Options

Replies

• Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    I live near a national park where I like to go for walks with my camera,
    ]

I love nature walks, looking forward to seeing pictures as spring progresses.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,250 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 4/28: 18,776
    Sat 4/29: 10,863

I'd like to keep going with the step challenge, with 10,000 steps as my goal.

@pupowl, I love my barefoot shoes as well. I remember in researching them, I was warned to start off gradually. You'll be able to go for days, once your feet become accustomed to them.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl - The shoes look really comfortable and stylish! :D I also live near a park and like to go out adventuring, look forward to your photos! I love the kitty - so fuzzy! I just adopted a fuzzy kitty, but not quite that long haired. She's a tortoise shell and instead of meowing she trills. She has a very sassy tail.

Looking forward to the challenge everyone.
    My starting weight is 188lbs
    I typically lose / gain / lose / REALLY gain and yoyo constantly
    I'm around 50 so my hormones are playing the 'let's pack on weight in ugly locations' game. Ugh.
    Prediabetic, heart valve issue, pancreas issue (I can't digest food very well), lung problems, arthritis - MEH -- basically every issue would improve with sustained weight loss.
    The only positive I have is that I enjoy exercise.
    I have four cats total, lol, and I'm a landscape artist, illustrator and designer which really translates to a lot of tedium and listening to audio books and podcasts. It's only glamorous if a person REALLY loves being alone, lol. I get distracted and go ride my bike honestly. Or post walls of text on MFP apparently, lol, I gotta get to work y'all but...

Day #1 -- Let's GO!!!
    0vseavvydwu8.jpg
    They're in the spare chair I had to dig out of storage when I had my daughter over to work on a craft project, I swear my furniture isn't this bad! lol, these are my adopted girls, they've been with us about two months now. I 'work' from home (read, I attempt to work but get distracted non-stop and end up eating) anyway -- the cats get a lot of attention. I also have an outdoor stray I feed and a geriatric old male cat that looks like he's swallowed a ham.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,128 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 4/28: 18,776
    Sat 4/29: 10,863

I'd like to keep going with the step challenge, with 10,000 steps as my goal.

@pupowl, I love my barefoot shoes as well. I remember in researching them, I was warned to start off gradually. You'll be able to go for days, once your feet become accustomed to them.

I just love the sound of barefoot shoes...can only imagine how great they feel! I'm so jealous!!! With plantar fasciitis, I have to have built-in arch supports and extra padding in the heel, so I know they wouldn't work for me. I love my Vionic flip flops though...although I wish they weren't so expensive. I try to watch for sales because I wear them around the house at night. Who makes barefoot shoes? Are there multiple brands or is it just one company?? I'd love to at least see them...
    Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

8zyxh93c1m8k.png
    jimm56ib4xai.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    8ymocdyijwe7.png

By Pounds
    xa5lagx2rnlo.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    9puu1c70y6pu.png

By Pounds
    hnidt78go7bk.png
    81pkvmn3msjf.png

Team Winners
    m5vl9gk3ceq4.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @Sbus12 Awesome job with the walk! I think it is good to mainly focus on calories to start with. Macro wise, I would say protein is the most important and I wouldn't worry so much about the rest. Getting a calorie deficit is the main thing. You've got this!
    @Itadakimasu7 Thanks! I thought the color was kinda ugly, but it was the cheapest lol, so that's good enough for me. Tinus is a persian and we go to the groomer around 4 times a year. He really explodes every winter. 4 kitties is a lot! I have my hands full with just one. Tortoise cats are super pretty though, love the colors.
    @jessicakrall8 I put a picture of my shoes in the spoiler on the previous page. Some people say they helped with plantar fasciitis, but I guess everyone is different. Barefoot shoes make your feet stronger. I think https://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/ is one of the bigger brands that make barefoot shoes, but I think a lot of brands have created a pair.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

l3qt6fmji6e9.png
    0yo0tgz60hp1.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    vr0x1qb1cacn.png

By Pounds
    5r97zgcphxe1.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    wgapwhg65tgk.png

By Pounds
    ftomrwxvi87u.png
    qvzvlb1r9sf7.png
    mzv2ueqyiljv.png

Team Winners
    oh3cvj8uj7wg.png
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    alleykat69

weigh in: Sunday
    PC 195.2
    CW 199.5

Steps for April 23 to 29
    Sunday 2762
    Monday 2495
    Tuesday 4270
    Wednesday 3514
    Thursday 5722
    Friday 4142
    Saturday 3911
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Habit Tracker for May???? I don’t see it
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Now I'm gonna have to look at these barefoot shoes. Yall gonna have a team trend going. Lol
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight): 228#
    CW (Current Weight): 228#

@Cyncia85 I showed your starting weight as 222...is that incorrect? Just want to make sure we start you off correctly with the numbers. Let me know. Also, thanks for the friend invite! Good luck in May!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Habit Tracker for May???? I don’t see it

I've put in a request @LaurieWrobo and will post the link as soon as it's created for this month.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    alleykat69

Steps for April 23 to 29
    Sunday 2762
    Monday 2495
    Tuesday 4270
    Wednesday 3514
    Thursday 5722
    Friday 4142
    Saturday 3911

@alleykat69 Missing your steps for Apr 16-22nd as well. Please post them and I'll get you caught up. I'll look back and see if they were posted and somehow missing...
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2023
    Options

@alleykat69 Missing your steps for Apr 16-22nd as well. Please post them and I'll get you caught up. I'll look back and see if they were posted and somehow missing...
    Jessica

@alleykat69 Found the missing steps for Apr 16-22nd. Appears you posted the steps for Week 1 of Apr late, saying you'd been out of town, then the next week posted was for Week 3...so those steps were posted twice...in Week 2 and 3. We're now missing steps for Week 2 of Apr 9th-15th. Please post those and you'll be caught up.
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/29

Please add me for May step challenge @ 5,000 - weather has not been good - snow/rain tomorrow
    No fav place to walk as I'm inside most days
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Cyncia85 wrote: »
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight): 228#
    CW (Current Weight): 228#

@Cyncia85 I showed your starting weight as 222...is that incorrect? Just want to make sure we start you off correctly with the numbers. Let me know. Also, thanks for the friend invite! Good luck in May!
    Jessica

@jessicakrall8 yes, incorrect. Please use the 228.
This discussion has been closed.