Options

Replies

• madtownmitch
    madtownmitch Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW/Starting Weight: 301.9
    CW: 304.8 (+2.9)

Not happy about this first weigh-in after reporting my starting weight for the challenge, but I ate out more this weekend than I normally do, and I went to a potluck after my 5K on Saturday. I tried to make healthy choices, but not many were available and I was HUNGRY. I'm back on the bandwagon now, and did my yoga first thing this morning. It's chilly and rainy here today so I'll get some steps in on my treadmill this evening.
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    b0mu58l62rac.png

Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc
    I am from Michigan, I'm married with one daughter and have no pets. I enjoy going for walks and bike rides as often as possible. I enjoy watching my daughter race go karts. I love traveling to somewhere new or the same place even if it is only once a year. I like sewing and listening to music.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I gained a lot of weight after I had my daughter and I wanted to have the energy to play with her and feel good instead of feeling tired. I never wanted to "let myself go" so that is why I stick to this journey and make it part of my life.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    My biggest trigger is being offered a dessert or pizza. I can say no, but once you ask again, I give in 99.9% of the time. I guess you could say I am weak minded there. Then once I have a bite, I have about 10 more and blame everyone and their brother for it later and beat myself up. I guess I avoid social events because of it. It is starting to take a toll on me and I want to learn how to be ok with saying no, hoping to become an inspiration for others one day.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I love keto for short term and then I try to just count calories the rest of the time. I do enjoy buying foods with "healthy" ingredients so I guess you could say clean eating would be my diet go to as well as counting calories.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?
    I love going for a long brisk walk. That is my favorite. In the future I do want to try Rumble Boxing.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    Month- to lose 10lbs and shrink my stomach a bit.
    Year- to learn how to say no and stick to it.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    I am expecting to gain new support and a sense of accomplishment! I really like that you tag individuals for their weigh in days. I currently don't have any suggestions.

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    I have learned over the years to never give up. You may take a break now and then but never throw in the towel. You are all that matters in this and if you learn to love yourself, it won't matter what others think or say and you will learn to love your body and yourself.
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Overdue
    @rwillems

Monday
    @madtownmitch

Tuesday
    @aactuallyaash

@lindamtuck2018

OMG I am sorry, I thought I had sent this in yesterday. Here you go:

PW: 281.6 lbs
    CW: 281.4 lbs.
    Member: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW/Starting Weight: 301.9
    CW: 304.8 (+2.9)

Not happy about this first weigh-in after reporting my starting weight for the challenge, but I ate out more this weekend than I normally do, and I went to a potluck after my 5K on Saturday. I tried to make healthy choices, but not many were available and I was HUNGRY. I'm back on the bandwagon now, and did my yoga first thing this morning. It's chilly and rainy here today so I'll get some steps in on my treadmill this evening.

Life happens, but it sounds like you are locked in and ready to kill it this week. Onward!!!!
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    pauladner wrote: »
    Pauladner
    Weigh In Day: Sunday , April 23rd
    PW (Previous Weight): 142.2 lb
    CW (Current Weight): 139.1 lb

Hello everyone! These is what I did right this month that helped me to drop some pounds.

1) High protein diet;
    2) Food intake of 1200 calories p/day;
    3) 7 km walking p/day;
    4) no breakfast, but I always have my coffee with hazelnut cream;😉
    5) 3 or 4 days during this month I fasted a full day.

I wish all Dowsizers a healthy weight loss for May. Thanks!

You are rocking it!
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    Way to go @nachdeezy you owed April!!!
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    Stellar results and a big congrats to our teamies: @jpedno, @mswarrior, @nachdeezy and @pauladner
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

04/23 - 14,667
    04/24 - 15,797
    04/25 - 18,763
    04/26 - 11,697
    04/27 - 17,826
    04/28 - 14,318
    04/29 - 19,321
  • Huckleterrie
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count (goal 13,000):

04/30 - 17,821
    05/01 -
    05/02 -
    05/03 -
    05/04 -
    05/05 -
    05/06 -
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to be late with the Habit Tracker for May! Here it is - it is open for anyone to use.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889840/habit-tracker-may-2023#latest

This is a simple and user-friendly way to track those small habits that add up to success. Go for it!
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I saw my podiatrist today ...We did x-rays today and my ankle is still broken in 2 places .... He put me in a hard cast ( I have been in a soft cast for awhile ... he said try to stay off of it has much as you can ....elevate it ...this is not the news I wanted to hear ... I was hoping to swim in my pool this summer looks like that wont happen :/ At least I know why it has been very painful

Omg you just can't win. I am so sorry.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    4/23-2461
    4/24-7415
    4/25-7509
    4/26-10910
    4/27-8351
    4/28-7417
    4/29-4271

Steps goal 7000
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I saw my podiatrist today ...We did x-rays today and my ankle is still broken in 2 places .... He put me in a hard cast ( I have been in a soft cast for awhile ... he said try to stay off of it has much as you can ....elevate it ...this is not the news I wanted to hear ... I was hoping to swim in my pool this summer looks like that wont happen :/ At least I know why it has been very painful

So sorry to hear this xhugsx
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Downsizers first again. Massive congratulations to the whole team but especially our biggest losers ... @NachDeezy @Pauladner and @lindamtuck2018
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    I'm Lis, just celebrated my 60th birthday. I'm from the UK but have lived in Spain for 20 years. I'm retired and spend over 6 months of the year travelling in my rv. Its my happy place, where i easily control my eating and get great weight loss results!

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I started in August 2021 at 276lb unable to walk due to a knee injury

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Stress & boredom. Not s problem in my rv but I'm back home for 4 months and struggling already!

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I do low carb, count calories, and im. Works for me :)

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?
    I walk tons when I'm in the rv. Hoping to start swimming again soon

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    I m 13lb up from my lowest. Got to stop it now and get back to my goal weight or lower

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    I want to give back and help others reach their goals too!

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Firstly thank you everyone for your words of encouragement!

Recent weight story:
    Pre holiday 183lb
    End of 10 day holiday 185lb
    2 days travelling (carbs!) 193lb
    2 days binge eating 203lb
    Better day but not great 196lb

Monday:
    Weight 196lb (14lb over lowest)
    Calories 600 over
    Exercise none
    Water 2litres

Today (Tuesday) I'm going to write down "why I'm eating" before i put anything in my mouth!

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    It took everything I had not to cave into mindless eating yesterday. I even forced myself to go for a 23 minute walk once the rain stopped. I logged my food and ate every last calorie given to me. I am very, VERY hungry this morning! I have to go into work today for statements, so that will probably be my saving grace.
  • indefenceofsprouts
    indefenceofsprouts Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 can I actually step on out of the step challenge for a bit? Everything is a struggle for me right now and I just want to ease any pressure I can.
This discussion has been closed.