Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW/Starting Weight: 301.9
    CW: 304.8 (+2.9)

Not happy about this first weigh-in after reporting my starting weight for the challenge, but I ate out more this weekend than I normally do, and I went to a potluck after my 5K on Saturday. I tried to make healthy choices, but not many were available and I was HUNGRY. I'm back on the bandwagon now, and did my yoga first thing this morning. It's chilly and rainy here today so I'll get some steps in on my treadmill this evening.

I know the sodium in restaurant food gets me. Looks like you have a good plan to get your week started.
    Stacimfit wrote: »
    b0mu58l62rac.png

Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc
    I am from Michigan, I'm married with one daughter and have no pets. I enjoy going for walks and bike rides as often as possible. I enjoy watching my daughter race go karts. I love traveling to somewhere new or the same place even if it is only once a year. I like sewing and listening to music.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I gained a lot of weight after I had my daughter and I wanted to have the energy to play with her and feel good instead of feeling tired. I never wanted to "let myself go" so that is why I stick to this journey and make it part of my life.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    My biggest trigger is being offered a dessert or pizza. I can say no, but once you ask again, I give in 99.9% of the time. I guess you could say I am weak minded there. Then once I have a bite, I have about 10 more and blame everyone and their brother for it later and beat myself up. I guess I avoid social events because of it. It is starting to take a toll on me and I want to learn how to be ok with saying no, hoping to become an inspiration for others one day.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I love keto for short term and then I try to just count calories the rest of the time. I do enjoy buying foods with "healthy" ingredients so I guess you could say clean eating would be my diet go to as well as counting calories.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?
    I love going for a long brisk walk. That is my favorite. In the future I do want to try Rumble Boxing.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    Month- to lose 10lbs and shrink my stomach a bit.
    Year- to learn how to say no and stick to it.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    I am expecting to gain new support and a sense of accomplishment! I really like that you tag individuals for their weigh in days. I currently don't have any suggestions.

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    I have learned over the years to never give up. You may take a break now and then but never throw in the towel. You are all that matters in this and if you learn to love yourself, it won't matter what others think or say and you will learn to love your body and yourself.

I googled rumble boxing and it sounds like an intense workout.
    rwillems wrote: »

@lindamtuck2018

OMG I am sorry, I thought I had sent this in yesterday. Here you go:

PW: 281.6 lbs
    CW: 281.4 lbs.
    Member: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday

A loss, congrats!
    I saw my podiatrist today ...We did x-rays today and my ankle is still broken in 2 places .... He put me in a hard cast ( I have been in a soft cast for awhile ... he said try to stay off of it has much as you can ....elevate it ...this is not the news I wanted to hear ... I was hoping to swim in my pool this summer looks like that wont happen :/ At least I know why it has been very painful

So sorry Megan!
    Firstly thank you everyone for your words of encouragement!

Recent weight story:
    Pre holiday 183lb
    End of 10 day holiday 185lb
    2 days travelling (carbs!) 193lb
    2 days binge eating 203lb
    Better day but not great 196lb

Monday:
    Weight 196lb (14lb over lowest)
    Calories 600 over
    Exercise none
    Water 2litres

Today (Tuesday) I'm going to write down "why I'm eating" before i put anything in my mouth!

Love this idea. I think I will steal it.
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    It took everything I had not to cave into mindless eating yesterday. I even forced myself to go for a 23 minute walk once the rain stopped. I logged my food and ate every last calorie given to me. I am very, VERY hungry this morning! I have to go into work today for statements, so that will probably be my saving grace.

Great job! You fought the food demons and won.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 can I actually step on out of the step challenge for a bit? Everything is a struggle for me right now and I just want to ease any pressure I can.

Self care is so important.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
  • madtownmitch
    madtownmitch Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good morning, team. I have a general MFP question that I couldn't find an answer to in the community FAQ. When I exercise, it's adding the calories I've burned to my daily total, but I don't want to eat those calories I've burned off. Does anyone know how to turn that off?
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Good morning, team. I have a general MFP question that I couldn't find an answer to in the community FAQ. When I exercise, it's adding the calories I've burned to my daily total, but I don't want to eat those calories I've burned off. Does anyone know how to turn that off?

Just an FYI, you're supposed to eat those calories. Those calories that you burn off are still factored into settings

I.E if your goal is set to 1 pound a week and you're given 2000 but you burn off 500 with exercises, eating those calories back when mess with your 1 pound per week loss setting.

I sometimes eat those calories back and sometimes don't.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    I saw my podiatrist today ...We did x-rays today and my ankle is still broken in 2 places .... He put me in a hard cast ( I have been in a soft cast for awhile ... he said try to stay off of it has much as you can ....elevate it ...this is not the news I wanted to hear ... I was hoping to swim in my pool this summer looks like that wont happen :/ At least I know why it has been very painful

Omg you just can't win. I am so sorry.

Nope I sure can and thank you
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 can I actually step on out of the step challenge for a bit? Everything is a struggle for me right now and I just want to ease any pressure I can.

Sure I will just excuse you and when you are ready to come back just let me know ...
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

So sorry to hear this xhugsx

Thank you :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    4/24 3974
    4/25 2555
    4/26 7440
    4/27 6201
    4/28 3831
    4/29 9693
    4/30 15998
    5/1 8596
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Monday Recap

- Eating only at Level 3: yes
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) : 64 :)
    - Increased intensity while walking: yes

- THOUGHTS: Small "continuous" daily changes....

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

4/30 12,177
    5/1 8,818
    5/2
    5/3
    5/4
    5/5
    5/6

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 217.6 4/28/2023
    5/5 -
    5/12 -
    5/19 -
    5/26 -
    6/3 -
    Total 0.0
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    It took everything I had not to cave into mindless eating yesterday. I even forced myself to go for a 23 minute walk once the rain stopped. I logged my food and ate every last calorie given to me. I am very, VERY hungry this morning! I have to go into work today for statements, so that will probably be my saving grace.

Well done on not giving in. I totally get it. I've been out of the house for 8 hours today to keep away from food! Just had my one meal for today and only got to resist food for 2 more hours before bedtime!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options

Pre holiday 183lb
    My fight to get my eating back under control by checking in daily for accountability

Monday:
    Weight 196lb (14lb over lowest)
    Calories 600 over
    Exercise none
    Water 2litres

Tuesdays plan
    4 strategies to get me back on track:
    1. Having a low carb day without the pressure of a calorie goal. This should get my blood sugars back on an even footing and stop the massive ups and downs which make me crave more carbs and over eat!
    2. Pre plan all my food for the day
    3. Leave the house and keep busy all day before going home for my one meal
    4. Write down "why I'm eating" before i put anything in my mouth!

Success :)
    Calories 300 under
    Exercise some but could be better
    Water 2.5litres
  • Huckleterrie
    Huckleterrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Hang in there!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2023
    Options

I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Hang in there!

Extremely frustrating .. I sooooo want this behind me so that I can start walking my dogs
    Physical therapy is on hold until we can get this darn foot of mine to heal
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    h3bu9sq3ydmu.jpg

APRIL WEEK 4 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Huckleterrie 112,389 steps
    2nd @NouveauRee 102, 086 steps
    3rd @itladyee 63,514 steps
    4th @rwillems 57,170 steps
    5th @adianeschu 48,334 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 429,535 steps
    TERRIFIC JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 5/7
    @itladyee 6/7
    @Jpedno 2/7
    @rwillems 5/7
    @Mama530 0/7
    @Huckleterrie 7/7
    @MSWarrior7088 7/7
    @tahm42 1/7
    @adianeschu 5/7
    @NouveauRee 5/7

w8361caagi7o.jpg
    APRIL GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Huckleterrie 419,991 steps
    2nd @NouveauRee 356,594 steps
    3rd @itladyee 248,973 steps
    4th @Mama530 242,047 steps
    5th @rwillems 232,599 steps
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):):)
    As A Group We Walked 2,207,366 steps in the month of April
    HUGE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE :):):):):)

I wanted to thank everyone for getting their steps in early ...Greatly appreciate it :)
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    h3bu9sq3ydmu.jpg

APRIL WEEK 4 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Huckleterrie 112,389 steps
    2nd @NouveauRee 102, 086 steps
    3rd @itladyee 63,514 steps
    4th @rwillems 57,170 steps
    5th @adianeschu 48,334 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 429,535 steps
    TERRIFIC JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 5/7
    @itladyee 6/7
    @Jpedno 2/7
    @rwillems 5/7
    @Mama530 0/7
    @Huckleterrie 7/7
    @MSWarrior7088 7/7
    @tahm42 1/7
    @adianeschu 5/7
    @NouveauRee 5/7

w8361caagi7o.jpg
    APRIL GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Huckleterrie 419,991 steps
    2nd @NouveauRee 356,594 steps
    3rd @itladyee 248,973 steps
    4th @Mama530 242,047 steps
    5th @rwillems 232,599 steps
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):):)
    As A Group We Walked 2,207,366 steps in the month of April
    HUGE CONGRATS TO EVERYONE :):):):):)

I wanted to thank everyone for getting their steps in early ...Greatly appreciate it :)

Way to go steppers! That is an incredible amount of steps in April!!!!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw 248.4
    Cw 247.2

Thank you!

Niiiiiiice!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Wednesday
    Yesterday i won a battle but the wars not over!
    I ve learnt that my body/ willpower cannot cope with the blood sugar highs and lows of carbs! After 2 years of low carb eating i realise now it was the drop in blood sugar after carbs that was making me go and eat some more carbs! Honestly my eating in the last week has scared me! I went from 185lb to a high of 203lb! Everyday i wanted to restart my diet but just couldn't get back in the zone! I mean i know there's lots of water and extra food in my digestive system but 18lb gain!
    My best strategy was having a low carb day yesterday without the pressure of a calorie goal. This has got my blood sugars back on an even footing and stopped the massive ups and downs which make me crave more carbs and over eat!

This morning I'm feeling in control again. Aiming for another low carb day with no calorie goal (one step at a time). I've got this.
    My weight is down to 192lb.
    Only 10lb to go to get back to goal.
    Hoping my experience helps others x
    Calories 300 under
    Exercise some but could be better
    Water 2.5litres
This discussion has been closed.