Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,619 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @Itadakimasu7 I agree with everyone saying to try to replace it with (dried) fruit. Also finding something small that is sweet enough but doesn't trigger overeating. For me this is dark chocolate. I never eat more than one or two small pieces, but it still does the trick.
    @Sbus12 It can be really hard to find workouts that are actually beginner friendly. At least I thought so when I started. A youtube channel I really like is https://www.youtube.com/@ImprovedHealth . A lot of her workouts are for seniors/beginners and they vary in length and type. I am sure there is something on her channel that you can finish!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say Hi!

While I have not been active these first few days of May, I did meal prep! I made 2 lbs of chicken, 1 lb of ground turkey, rice, egg whites, and spinach. So I've the majority of my foods ready to go!

My Spring II session of school is wrapping up so that will reduce my stress and free up some of my time.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In
    PW 159.2
    CW 160.4
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/30 5,072
    5/1 5,236
    5/2 4,453
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @bearchested I've probably driven through Grinnell, at least almost, on the drive between Des Moines and Iowa City. My dad grew up in Guthrie Center. It's near Des Moines, but very small.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @looneycatblue
    Hello Teresa! You pinged me in a group I am not a part of, so I figured I would reply in the Shape Shifter team chat. The same goes for you if you want to hop in. It is a little late, but it is not a problem! We just need your starting weight from last week and what day you would like to weigh in for the group. Also if you have a highest weight, feel free to share. I hope you will enjoy the group and please introduce yourself so we can get to know you a little! If you have any questions, there is a FAQ on the first page of this thread. Don't forget to join the group so you can post.
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 -- Sounds like you've been through a lot, too much ((hugs)) I hope from here on out things get easier.
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Cyncia1028

Posting my steps...
    Sunday April 30th = 4,453
    Monday May 1st = 3,943
    Tuesday May 2nd = 2,709
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 You are a survivor! You’ve been through so much and you keep pushing on. Thankfully you have a good team to help you with your health! Peace of mind goes a long way. Thanks for sharing!
  • Pupowl
    Options
    @Cyncia85
    I have added you to the step challenge. What goal are you trying to hit every day?
  • Cyncia85
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @Cyncia85
    I have added you to the step challenge. What goal are you trying to hit every day?

Thank you, let's put my goal at 10,000 steps.

This week will be low because I am in my last week of the Spring II semester. I am working full time and going to school full time. And I've had doctor appts during 2 of my lunch breaks.
This discussion has been closed.