Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 LOL! I love it. I wish they had a "LOL" button. BTW, how's your wife doing?

@txcritter69 Nice car! Cute pic, too. What a great Christmas present! Awww, Diesel buddy! I love your kitty, too. If I fits, I must sit. lol Congrats on your fasting success!

@Bemybestby60 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I hope the steroids being stronger will help them work faster. Can you drink ginger tea or ginger ale? That helps me. Great no zeros! What a nice farm. Thanks for sharing.

@shaunarlr83 I LOVE when @19shmoo69 posts! LOL He rarely does but when he does, he has the best sense of humor. We love you, Darren!!! LOL A pedicure sounds fun and relaxing. I'm sorry about your "friend". She didn't learn from your experience, apparently. That's good you are taking it slow. I love how your family supports each other in this journey. Great effort and great picture, that looks so peaceful! The food looks good.

My picture for the day is a celebration of Fall/Halloween. Fall is my favorite time of year and I love Halloween. These pics are from 2021. The appetizers and drink (a "Vampire's Kiss" martini) are from Halloween night. The couple is me and my husband, the vampire. The fall foliage is from a visit to my best friend in Colorado.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank the minimum amount of water (50 oz).

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

vucu1301bduq.png
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tfelts147 wrote: »
    @txcritter69 Nice Camaro!! Ours is a mustang and Ohio has been teasing us with a couple nice days every now and then... but still to chilly!!

Would love to see pic! We also gave a '99 Trans Ammx3rtw9ydca2.jpg
    This pic was taken at White Sands.
  • tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 This isn't the best picture but one that I had handy...

5ma3vwnrq0vj.jpg
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mornin' folks!

@Bemybestby60 Great job on the loss.
    We are heading into the rainy days again. It going to be hit and miss for the next 2 weeks.
    When posting I use my tablet and phone. My phone for scrolling through post and my tablet for answering on the website. I save draft every so often so I don't loss what I write. I have lost quite a bit of post in the past just trying to use my tab and jumping back and forth between pages.

@Katmary71 Yeah he is always checking out anything I bring in the house or move from one place to another. I gave a video of him playing with the ice cooler and fell in to ice water.🤣
    I hope you start feeling better!
    My little mini garden is doing well for my first time
    24ugmr73bw6c.jpg
    My tomatoes are doing so well.

@shaunair83 The pedicure does sound relaxing, I would love a foot message.
    I am sorry about your ex friend. I did have the same thing happen to me with my 2nd ex husband. He cheated on me with her, we divorced, they married, now divorced. Karma is always hanging around.
    Have fun and enjoy your life. We are only here for a time. Live it with everything you can.
    I just started using the mission zero tortillas. I use them for sandwiches too.

@trooworld Love your Halloween pics. My daughter is a Halloween fanatic. She is so in to Jack Skeleton.

@19shmoo69 Yes, we can't wait too. 🤣 Keep the coffee flowing!
    I am sorry about your wife. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

I am off for now. Going to go conquer the world. Have an AMAZING DAY!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - sorry about your wife. Hope this gets figured out so she can feel better. You are definitely cracking me up with you posts. :)
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Forgot to jump on and post. Whoops

Daily Post ~ Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday

Track ~ Yes
    Calories ~ MFP Yes, WW No
    Exercise ~ Not as planned

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,576 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 Any good tips from the gut health seminar? Please tell me the chocolate eggs are great for gut health! Just playing, sweet dreams!
    @shaunarlr83 I used to always lose my responses, I hate that! I love seeing posts from Darren too but they usually make me crave more coffee! Ouch I’m sorry to hear about your friend and ex, that has to be hard to hear. Sadly you know what she’s about to go through so she won’t be happily posting about it for long. I definitely get wanting to date, I think it’s a great idea and I think you’ve healed a lot and would have fun meeting new people. You just have to find ones that can keep up with you now!
    @trooworld When I make my iced tea that I drink all day I toss a knob of ginger in, I’m doing mint tea at night now too. I love your Fall/Halloween celebration and that veggie tray is amazing! I love your makeup too!
    @txcritter69 Beautiful Trans Am! I love your garden, I started following a group on Facebook about repurposing pallets, love seeing what you’ve done. Your tomatoes look awesome! Looks like a self-watering container?
    @19ahmoo69 That’s so frightening, praying for your wife and family.
    @tfelts147 that’s a beautiful car too, wow!
    @leonadixon Hope you get in for the month, I know usually it starts at the beginning of the month but maybe it’s early enough? Hope so and welcome back!
    Hey team! Nothing new to report on this end, still not feeling too hot. I found someone to act as secretary for me at tonight’s meeting and am doing a castor oil pack then getting in the tub. I did do some arm cardio and stretching but feels like all the sacral nerves are inflamed and didn’t want to push too hard, I just hope I’m able to walk again soon without assistance. Have an awesome Friday!
    No Zero Days
    - Good water
    - Arm cardio and stretching
    - Hang drums

I can't get my mail program to download mail at the moment so the pic will have to wait, it was one of the tomatoes in my yard and some flowers in the front.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,576 Member
    Options
    Photo is of some flowers in the front yard (the blue flowers I picked up at a plant stand a few years ago and had no clue what it was, sure is pretty this year!), herbs on the baker's rack that are messy, beans//tomatoes/peppers and why I'm currently flared up so bad, then bunch of seeds still starting on the deck by the succulents and cactus and older herbs. yamif5g9zk73.jpg
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@19shmoo69 - 😂😂😂 and that Trail name is great!!! Real sorry things aren’t getting better for you wife, more prayers are going up!

@trooworld - I love Halloween too! I always wanna go all out but rarely do. I’ve volunteered to be a trail guide through a Haunted Forest before and it was hands down the best night of my life!!! Me and my kids made one for a handful of their friends a few years ago…so fun!!!

@tfelts147 & @txcritterd69 - Love y’alls cars! If I ever get in a place to get my own again I’ll post it 😂

@txcritterd69 - I guess that’s just a 2nd ex husband thing then 🤣 it’s better than my 1st ex husband marrying my brothers ex wife so now our kids are step brothers and sisters 😳, at least she was only a long distance friend, I’ll hopefully never have to run into them and maybe she’ll get him to move out of this state! 😉

@leonadixon - welcome back! I’m glad those replacements helped and you’re getting back to it!

@gemwolf110 - love your daily accountability updates.

@Katmary71 - love all of your plants! Thank you for your support!

Today I got 8 hours of sleep, woke up and went for my weekly run! 2 miles and both were under 10 minute miles!!! I was really excited about that. I looked back through all of my running history on my watch and I’ve only logged a single mile ran under 10 mins in the past 3.5 years. I vaguely remember that day and I had to push myself super hard to do that, today seemed nearly effortless. The best part was I didn’t have or feel like I had to have any additional energy supplements. I’m trying to stay completely away from energy drinks so 2 positives right there. 😁

My daughter let her friend take her to a car dealership on Monday, her credit wasn’t good enough to get her into a new vehicle but they stuck her in a 2016 total electric Kia Sol. Won her over with several people telling her not to do it bc they let her drive away with it that day, no money down for a week. I’m not necessarily against electric vehicles but they just don’t make sense where we live, she can’t park close enough at her apartment to charge it at home, she would have to leave it someone else’s house to charge and help pay their electric bill or the nearest charging station is 25 miles away. Because it’s older it’s only getting 60 miles on a full charge 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m going tomorrow to see if we can get her out of it. She can’t get anything else without a co-signor and with the things my ex made me do my credit is shot, they have already told her it will be a repo against her any other way so I’m gonna go fight the good fight as best I can. Stinks because I really needed another full rest day tomorrow. I have one more 12 hour shift and I don’t want to waste any of my birthday sleeping. I might have tired eyes in my birthday pics but it will be worth it if we can get her out of this mess.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone 👋🏻

I think I am possibly finding my way back. I’m still sick but I see hope of some recovery.

I read through 54 posts. So much new information to process. Love all the pictures!

@19shmoo69 I pray your wife is feeling better and you are doing well also.

I just wanted to do a quick check in. This week has been miserable but a blessing on the scale. I finally hit the 20lb (my loss since joining this group) gone, passed it and hit onederland too. Now to see if it sticks for Sundays WI.

• tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Great job on the run!! I really wish I was able to do runs. I've tried I just can't keep it up for longer than a minute or so...I'm sure it's one of those things if I continue to do a little at a time it gets easier. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's cat experience. I wish there were more 'good' car dealerships that cared about the customer. I've gotten much better at the negotiating side. I know in my youth I made some poor car purchasing decisions. Hopefully you can get her out of it!!
  • trooworld
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @txcritter69 Cool car!

@19shmoo69 Oh that must be so scary. I am so sorry she's not better. Do they know what is causing that? I hope they can get a handle on it soon.

@tfelts147 Congrats on the loss! I love your convertible. Great color.

@19shmoo69 You might be interested, I got an espresso machine. I'm so excited to be able to make fancy coffee drinks at home now!

@txcritter69 Your garden looks great. I love Nightmare Before Christmas! We are hoping to get to Disneyland in September for Halloween. They have a lot of Jack Skeleton there. Have a great day!

@leonadixon Welcome back! I hope your knees are much better now.

@Katmary71 Oh good, I hope that helps. Thank you! I'm glad you delegated the secretary's duties so you can care for yourself. Hugs. Your garden stuff is impressive.

@shaunarlr83 We go out every year just to walk around and people watch and we go have a drink at a couple of the bars. It's so fun! You should totally go out one of these years! That would be fun to be a haunted trail guide. Great job with the sleep and the run. And way to stay away from energy drinks! I have a hybrid, not full electric, a Prius. I love it but I would never get a full-electric because of the charging is a pain and no it doesn't sound like it makes sense for your daughter. Good luck getting her out of it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

@AmbersWay I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Good thoughts for your continued recovery. CONGRATS ON 20 LBS DOWN AND ONEDERLAND! Woo hoo!

@Bemybestby60 Your car is so cute (and so are you!)!

TGIF, am I right? And HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!! Woo hoo! Party over here: we are having Mexican street tacos and Micheladas (Mexican beer and lime cocktails) for dinner tonight. Probably a salad with the tacos. Today's picture is my new espresso machine. It wasn't as expensive as it looks haha. I love it already and it will save us lots of $$$ (each time we go out for coffee, it costs us $18!). Enjoy your Friday!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank the minimum amount of water (50 oz), ate healthy meals.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

51lu2krx6n8c.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

mqk864a4p62s.png
This discussion has been closed.