Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay CONGRATS ON 20 LBS DOWN AND ONEDERLAND! Woo hoo!

0d7amarpz6o0.png

j1de2a7tspb5.jpg

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr1983 - Happy Birthday!🎉🎁🎈

@trooworld @AmbersWay @DJill68 - Way to Go!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83

🎁 HaPpY bIrThDaY 🎈

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 160.6
    CW 160

Hey y'all,

I've been spending a lot of time outside working in one of my gardens. I have been so wore out in the evenings. That's why I haven't been very active on here. I'm just going to sleep.

I expected more of a loss because I have been eating really good until Wednesday night when I was just to tired to cook. My husband pointed out that I was toning, I need to add some cardio to my garden workout.

The weeds were about a foot high and there's a lot of river bed type rocks. I tried to post pictures but it just won't let me.

Today, we are back to rain and cooler temperatures.

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    DJill68 wrote: »
    05ghjl65ou2c.jpeg
    Can anyone relate?

I can relate. However my daughter told me to never do that to her again. It took her six days to get out of the casting.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @txcritter69 Cool car!

@19shmoo69 Oh that must be so scary. I am so sorry she's not better. Do they know what is causing that? I hope they can get a handle on it soon.

@tfelts147 Congrats on the loss! I love your convertible. Great color.

@19shmoo69 You might be interested, I got an espresso machine. I'm so excited to be able to make fancy coffee drinks at home now!

@txcritter69 Your garden looks great. I love Nightmare Before Christmas! We are hoping to get to Disneyland in September for Halloween. They have a lot of Jack Skeleton there. Have a great day!

@leonadixon Welcome back! I hope your knees are much better now.

@Katmary71 Oh good, I hope that helps. Thank you! I'm glad you delegated the secretary's duties so you can care for yourself. Hugs. Your garden stuff is impressive.

@shaunarlr83 We go out every year just to walk around and people watch and we go have a drink at a couple of the bars. It's so fun! You should totally go out one of these years! That would be fun to be a haunted trail guide. Great job with the sleep and the run. And way to stay away from energy drinks! I have a hybrid, not full electric, a Prius. I love it but I would never get a full-electric because of the charging is a pain and no it doesn't sound like it makes sense for your daughter. Good luck getting her out of it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

@AmbersWay I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. Good thoughts for your continued recovery. CONGRATS ON 20 LBS DOWN AND ONEDERLAND! Woo hoo!

@Bemybestby60 Your car is so cute (and so are you!)!

TGIF, am I right? And HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!! Woo hoo! Party over here: we are having Mexican street tacos and Micheladas (Mexican beer and lime cocktails) for dinner tonight. Probably a salad with the tacos. Today's picture is my new espresso machine. It wasn't as expensive as it looks haha. I love it already and it will save us lots of $$$ (each time we go out for coffee, it costs us $18!). Enjoy your Friday!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Drank the minimum amount of water (50 oz), ate healthy meals.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

51lu2krx6n8c.png

Welp, I'm officially jealous.

A drink you could try, it's a play in a conpana. Equal shots of espresso and steamed milk. I usually drink my coffee black but this is amazing.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    z9lh7yuw9jee.jpeg

My husband sent this video and a 🆘 for my son to come help him get this kitty out of the middle of the highway. Rescue underway! Now where to put lil kitty, I don’t know because my dogs are not kitty friendly. I hope the neighborhood mommy cat my son takes car of on his way out daily will take it in.

My husband looks intimidating, but is a biggest softy when it comes to saving all the animals. I’m a supporter except when he brings me pigeons and expects me to bring them back to life.

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Rich got some bad news from his doctor yesterday. His A1C was 7.3, so he has to start on Metformin. He can drop the beta-blocker for the A-fib, but he has to stay on the Eliquis for at least one more month; then they will check to see if the clots have dissolved. He renewed the Eliquis and picked up the Metformin yesterday at the Walmart pharmacy. They screwed up and neglected to give him the papers on the Metformin. They only gave him the papers on the Eliquis, which we really didn't need to have again since it was a renewal. He says he will stop by the pharmacy today and ask for the papers. The doctor also didn't give him any instructions about diet, other than to keep talking about carbs in a very non-specific way. And she didn't ask him to do any blood testing. He doesn't want to do any testing right now anyway, since finger sticks while he is on blood thinners seems like a bad idea! My advice to him was to just stop eating Pizza and Ice Cream, reduce his Portion Size especially when he goes out to eat, and stop snacking directly from the bag/box/can (measure a serving size) and see how his A1C looks on the next test. OH... and he's also come down with a cold. At least I hope it's a cold and not covid again, because another covid episode will probably kill him.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr1983 - Happy Birthday!

@19shmoo69 - Keep the coffee jokes coming, I want to see how many you got.

@Katmary71 - hope you are feeling better soon.

@micaroo4 - That's too bad about Rich. I think you gave him good diet advice. I think that doctors are generally terrible at stuff like that.

I'm real late to the party this month. I've kept up with all your posts and have been thinking of you all.

Our company left Wed, I'm getting caught up on what I put off while I was getting ready for them. We had a great time, toured a sink hole, ate at a dive cafe- BIL ordered the red neck burger, saw the Van Gogh immersive thing, hung out on the patio, did puzzles and games. It was very relaxing! Ate too much- time to get back at it.

I'm Lisa, married for a very long time to my dear Hubs, Son is 23, lives here. Daughter is 21, is about to live here again. Dog is a puppy- Gus. All of them can be very sweet or very naughty depending on the day. Weight has been mostly up and sometimes down for my whole adult life. Been in this group a few years and it's been so helpful to me. I live in Florida. I like to walk and do step aerobics for exercise.

Well that was nice and jumbly! Will look for some pix over the weekend. That was a very fun idea @Katmary71 and @trooworld!

Lisa

• PaulyJoMomma
    PaulyJoMomma Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My name is Paula Jones and I am going with the flow this month instead of stressing so much about this weight loss journey! It has gone so far as to cause a tiny bit of issues with my husband who doesn’t understand why I want to lose weight even though I repeatedly tell him. 😏 I am married with 3 amazing kids! I’ve been with my husband since September of 2000.

I used to be EXTREMELY fit since my time spent serving our country in the US Army. I am now an obese 100% service disabled veteran experiencing a variety of health related issues primarily resulting from my weight and I have finally reached a point where I can’t take it anymore so I am taking a firm stand. I WILL lose and am losing this weight since I started going at my goals hard Feb 9. I have seen favorable results so far with my current strategy which is a combination of Noom, GOLO, and Intermittent Fasting (IF) with revolutionary changes being made to how I eat, what I eat, and why I eat. I weigh myself every day and tape various locations of my body once a week to help hold myself accountable and establish a way to thoroughly measure my progress.

I have already started including physical exercise and that could be some type of cardio and strength training exercises at home or me and my oldest son going to the gym for some cardio or circuit training taking advantage of the equipment.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @DJill68 Great job! I can relate to your pic you posted.

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! That's great you are getting outdoors time.

@19shmoo69 I made something similar to that yesterday! I added a sugar free Torani syrup to the milk when I steamed it. Yum! LOL I love your Cafe Robusto.:D

@Katmary71 It was fun! Just my husband and I but on the way home from work we played some music from Mexican artists and then I cooked the food and had the Michelada. I already love that machine, I am having fun making coffeehouse drinks! I will miss people watching at the coffee shop but it will save us money. I'm glad you are doing better. Do take it easy today please. What a nice pic of you and Bill! You guys look great together.

@AmbersWay Oh gosh! I'm so glad you got the little kitty. Awww, my husband is a big softy too. Oh my about the pigeons!

@micaroo4 I'm sorry to hear about the diabetes with Rich. I am pre-diabetic and you might check with the clinic to see if they have a diabetes educational program. I know mine has one for pre-diabetes but probably also for diabetes. I posted a while ago this picture of the plate method. Here's a link to the method: https://diabetes.org/healthy-living/recipes-nutrition/eating-well Oh gosh, poor Rich, diabetes + a cold!

@Cornanda Sounds like a fun visit. The photo posting was @Katmary's idea and it IS a fun idea! :D

Hi all. We are probably going to dog beach this morning with the pups. Which reminds me of today's photo: I love where I live. I am 10-15 minutes away from the beach, 1 1/2 hrs from the desert, and other things. This pic is of seals at the beach and I did NOT zoom in! That is how close they were.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: Longer walk with the dogs.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

9tw09l819oba.jpg
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    The May Week 2 Group Challenge is LIVE and ready to begin on Sunday, May 7th and will run through Saturday, May 13th. You need a partner for this challenge so pop in, read the rules and register your team! Join us as we Partner Up in a Step Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10890109/may-week-2-group-challenge-partner-up-step-challenge#latest

Can't wait to see our results this week!
    Jessica :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.