WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    @jugar @EvMakesChanges I'm so sorry for your loss. It is inexplicable, to lose someone that close. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Illness hit my house hard, and a trip, and so I completely blanked on the Saturday weigh in, so sorry everyone. I'm back.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,095 Member
    Options
    @jugar @EvMakesChanges I'm so sorry for your loss. It is inexplicable, to lose someone that close. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Illness hit my house hard, and a trip, and so I completely blanked on the Saturday weigh in, so sorry everyone. I'm back.

Thank you and everyone for your kind expressions of connection and support. It means a lot.

No worries about the missed weigh-in! Glad to see you back and I hope everyone is feeling better and having time to rest and recover.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: MONDAY
    PW: 186.6
    CW: 186.0
    πŸ˜ƒ
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar @EvMakesChanges I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. Thinking of you both
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I'm so glad you made the jump! I was happily paying the $50/yr before for premium and since they went to a monthly subscription, it's actually even cheaper ($36/yr)! I like the little added benefits, plus I want to support an app that I love and recommend to my patients all the time. I'm also a bit of an eco-warrior, so the fact that it helps to nix food waste is HUGE for me! I used to use Emeals for a long time, but then I noticed that their menus started costing more and I'd be buying ingredients that would only get used for one recipe and the rest would go to waste. I've saved 370lbs. of food waste so far with Mealime! I can tell you some of our favorite recipes from there if you want, but they're all vegetarian :D Let me know how you guys end up liking it!

@DD265 That makes a lot of sense, and a lot of times, we end up being more accountability with a sprinkling of education, but ultimately, our goal is to provide you with the tools you need to make and sustain lifestyle changes. While I joke that we do MNT (Medical Nutrition Therapy) - heavy on the therapy part, ultimately, mental health is not in our scope of practice. That's why I have a great relationship with our therapists, so we can really provide that holistic support to our patients!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    05rckf6gybne.jpeg

I’m a little late to do the challenge. Haven’t read details yet. But I think I should probably do it to keep my steps up.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @jugar and @EvMakesChanges I am so sorry to hear about your brother. It’s a piece of you, I know. Sincere, heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    @jugar @EvMakesChanges so sorry for your loss ❀️ my prayers are with you and your family ❀️
  • strong_fit_ells
    edited May 2023
    Options
    ll62kody215h.jpg

@ashleycarole86 my steps last week 😊 thank you πŸ€—
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,095 Member
    Options
    Good evening Waistaways πŸ˜ŠπŸŒƒ

I haven't been in touch much, sorry. Life is hectic. Work is hectic. I worked 15 hours on Saturday and 10 yesterday. I completely forgot to post my weigh in yesterday which was 230.6lbs. I am so glad I didn't because my today's weight is 229.6lbs 😁πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™Œ
    I am so happy about that πŸ™†πŸ˜ƒ
    I didn't realise when I started my heaviest was 17 stones and 1lb.
    Today I am 16 stone 3lb.
    I am motivated πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

So
    PW 231.8lbs
    CW 229.6lbs

Woop! Woop!

Have a lovely week everyone! ❀️

That is wonderful! By my calculation, though 16 stone 3lb. is 227 lbs. 16*14=224 then add 3 and it's 227. Which one would you prefer to use? :wink:
  • strong_fit_ells
    Options
    @jugar I'm sticking at 229.6lbs.
    I always go by lbs 😊
    Still exited though πŸ˜‰
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    CW 169

@jugrar and @EvMakesChanges I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. Praying for both of you and your families. Hope you can keep you positive habits through this greif.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar those little hidden areas where you can sit by water - ideally without seeing another human - are my absolute favourite. I had one at the bottom of a field once and it must be well over 15 years since I was last there, but when somebody tells me to think of a safe/peaceful place, that is always where my mind goes. Reminds me that I don't really have one where we are now; hunting for a "peaceful place" is going on my to do list.

@ashleycarole86 I think the podcast host makes a very valid point; the world has changed so much these last few years, and maybe we've not been so quick to adapt with it. If you remember, I lost a big bunch of weight in 2021 (UK was still in and out of lockdowns) then have gained it all back again; my MFP protocol worked but I was too all-or-nothing with it. It's easy to be all-or-nothing when life is static. I've now learnt those sustainable skills from the dietician, and hopefully working on my mental health will enable me to be more consistent in implementing them.

I've had a good few days. I've done some batch cooking (two curries and some sausage rolls), got a few jobs ticked off at the allotment, had a decent walk with a friend, lots of productivity at home and progress in our therapy session yesterday. This morning I've been training; took 7s off my 500m row time (without dying, though I did lie on the floor afterwards!), then progressed the weight on the split jerk to 20kg. We finished off with a circuit which was 5 split jerks, 3 kettlebell swings, 3 kettlebell squats and 6 kettlebell lunges, 5 times through. Unusually, my technique improved with the increased weight, and during the circuit I improved my depth a lot too; I haven't felt an ab workout like that for a while.

Plan for today is to survive work; I have 6 hours of meetings today. Tuesdays got busy with recurring meetings, so I decided to try and cram other meetings in too with the aim of freeing up time later in the week. I'm not 100% sure it's working :D After work, I'll nip down to the allotment but the weather might stop me doing much. I've also got to repot my newest orchid, now that it's rehydrated and looking much happier. There's also the less fun task of sorting our home insurance, as the renewal has jumped substantially (we haven't claimed) and I don't know if we want to stick with it.
This discussion has been closed.