Share your Numbers

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,843 Member
    Options
    I’m constantly, stubbornly within a three pound range. Not really up or down. And I can apparently maintain this weight without great effort.
    But, but, but - I want to lose more yet I’m not completely motivated to try harder. I know I could/should restrict more and I know how to do that. Yet it’s fairly pleasant to just coast along.
    I’ve got to get my head in the right place. Maybe the upcoming 100 degree days here in Texas will be motivation enough. 🤔
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Well I've gone from 163.6 (with flashes of 167s and a 168 even to 163.0 (with flashes of 162s and even a 161.4).

In 4 months. That's a snail record even for me.

I mean two years ago I was below 155 and December cookies were a 3 lb upside in 30 days....
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    Moving in the right direction...in two more year you will be below 155 again! ;)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    So my question PAV (since you’ve maintained longer) is - do you feel the need to be at your lowest/goal weight? Or is where you are okay?

Because it’s not a question of gaining it all back quickly. And the weight goes up and down over time but stays in a higher range. Pants still fit, no health impact? Maybe the lowest weight was too low?

I have in mind the scale number that will make me hit the panic button. But carrying the Christmas cookie weight isn’t as worrisome as it should be?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But it somewhat is annoying. Not worrisome. But annoying to me

It may not show, necessarily. And I'm just above and below BMI 25 now, (and my fat % via dexa scans very close to the population averages as would be expected by BMI--so BMI IS reflective of my fat reserves)

Certainly irl people either think I'm joking or poo poo my concerns as obsessive since I look fine.... yet to me the difference is obvious in not wanting to move faster in not wanting to bend easier. Not really in feeling heavier and weight is not really affecting me in terms of endurance or breathing or going up the hill in spite of my little "played a bit too much with electricity" as a child scare. But I can certainly feel that my tummy space is more full and I can engage my abs as easily

Definitely, especially with wearing a hernia belt underneath pending surgery I'm undoing the top button of pants that at 153 i was keeping up by cinching my belt to the max

Let's face it, hunger is not the only reason we eat food. And I have a number of non food related concerns that (too) regularly seem to end with me overeating for no food related reason.

And I really have to start with sleep. Just from heart rate variability.... on the days I sleep closer to more normal values variability rises to outside!!! of my customary range according to Fitbit.

In any case. It annoys me. but I don't seem to be willing to make it an absolute mission critical priority.

When I was losing weight THAT was the priority.

Not sleeping or socializing or being nice to people. Now? There have been times I went to bed instead of taking the dog out. Or said yes I'll join you to people instead of saying no. Or even accepted cookies or food from downstairs to be nice as opposed to making the non delivery a priority disregard the expense to the relationship.

Mission critical is mission critical and becomes the overriding priority.... which it isn't for me at this time even if it should be because other things seem to be more overriding in reality🤷‍♂️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Takes a lot of mental energy to keep that focus. Can we help you?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I men. I always feel like you are there for me - and I always just assume you are doing okay on that front. How can we help you might be the better question?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    THANK YOU so much Laurie. I'll try to answer tomorrow in more detail but given the age group... maybe nothing you or I can do. Well.. YOU CAN: by "fixing" yourself :smiley:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Working on it!
    I have found this great new weight loss method. Special weight loss surgeons help you lose bit by bit :) Water retention is a killer though :p
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV- do not underestimate how much a physical issue can wear down your ability to stay focused. It affects your sleep too. Hope you can get the surgery soon.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Yeah! What Yooly wrote right there. Is there a timeline for the surgery????
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Maybe we can implement a bedtime challenge????
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ha! You two. There are a few things whirling around.

Yes the hernia thing is affecting things often enough. But it is back on track to getting meshed up. Don't have a date yet but should soon.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Connie!!!! Welcome back!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good to see you, Connie. My foods have turned into a big touching mess without your guidance :)<3
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You're right laurie. Currently mine are climbing all over each other and almost becoming sandwiches without some separation impetus!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    6gx17lcrloen.jpeg

And that’s my numbers reality right now. 🙄
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Only chocolate cake?
  • lauriekallis
    Options