Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl , guess who finally got a sleepin. Of course it's a cloudy rainy day but if it's why I got to sleep in hey. I'm hoping I'm back on schedule.
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Steps 3358–too many activities/game watching today. At least I came in below calories today!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Here is the daily card. Happy Friday everyone <3
    rolaps6hctf6.jpg
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I have today off from work to drive a friend to her apt. (she is post op from surgery and can't drive right now)
    It feels weird to have a Friday off, but I kinda like it :wink:

Steps for May 11= 14,932

Have a great Day everyone.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday. Our outing was good last night and went to some hipster place where the average range was 25 and quite noisy. It wasn't my choice but it was fun reliving the noisiness of my youth. Apparently happy hour was from 5-7 and our reservations were at 7 so the noise died down shortly after.

I managed to have 2 drinks and the food was upscale asian and pretty healthy. We did walk to and from the restaurant which was a total of 2 miles or 45 minutes, so I got some activity in. It was rest day from weights.

Todays schedule: just finished a 30 min HITT and burned 200 calories. Hurray. I may bike down to the museums and get some sketching or some photography.

Have a great day.
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    pedal__power
    PW 198.6
    CW 201.0

steps (goal is 14.5K)
    5/9 13,750
    5/10 13,036
    5/11 13,171

Happy Friday! The scale is bouncing up today and I'm feeling bloated. This week I jogged almost everyday but didn't reach my step goal and I fit in some stretching and one shorter workout with weights. My oldest has taken over my hybrid bike so I treated myself to a new one. I picked it up yesterday and took it for a little test ride last night. It's so fast...I'm planning to get back into a routine of going for a ride in the mornings before others are up....just need to get to bed earlier, which isn't easy as I like to spend most evenings playing music after my kids on their way bed and I don't want to give that up either.

That's a really touching daily card today @Pupowl ! Love seeing your walking photos too, what a beautiful place!
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Posting my steps.

cyncia1028
    Tues 5/9 = 10,470
    Wed 5/10 = 10,114
    Thus 5/11 = 10,677
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Wed 5/10: 20,697
    Thu 5/11: 14,387
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    May week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday, May 12
    PW: 240.1
    CW: 238.5 ( lost 1.6 lbs; 0.67%) this week
    LTD: ( lost 0.4 lbs; 0.17%) this month
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    After work, Hazel and I did about a 2 mile hike/nature walk yesterday (Thursday). This was the best pic I could get with my phone. She was a happy girl to be a W-A-L-K. Major sniff fest!

• bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 189.6
    CW: 190.4
    LTD: 16.6

After the weekend I was able to get my appetite under control and back on track, but still have an uptick this week.

Starting next week I'm cycling 5 days a week to get used to more consecutive days on the saddle leading up to the ride in July. Unfortunately I my weightlifting progress will slow, but I'll use this as an opportunity to drop more weight.
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Jason was able to put weight on his ankle yesterday and actually walked a bit without the crutches. We pulled the little boat back out of the water and stored it. Craig was the only one who went out on the boat this trip, but I think it will work great for the futre until the lake comes back up. It's still turkey season, so the plan is to go hunting after work to see if we can get one. Wild turkey is a bit tougher, but still pretty tasty. We will make the drive back home tomorrow.

@bearchested - What kind of ride are you doing this July?

@Cyncia85 - Hazel looked super happy in the pic!

@dcresider - Glad you had fun last night. And the picture of your cat, he looks very content with life.

@pupowl - Really liked the card today.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I’m a day late with my weigh-in. I weighed myself yesterday but I guess I forgot to post my report because it was a heavy work day. My apologies.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 134.0
    CW: 135.1 😦

SW: 168
    LtD: 32.9

I’m hoping this gain is due to a heavy workout yesterday, but it’s more likely all the restaurant food I had in Boston and the drive-through meal I had at Bojangles while traveling from NC to VA. I didn’t get fries or a drink with the meal but I ate three fried chicken strips and drank a mocha Frappuccino— oh, and there may have been a Reese’s peanut butter cup involved 🙄. This is a good reminder not to buy food ‘for my sons’ while they’re home. I bought the peanut butter cup to share 🤦‍♀️. Luckily - or unluckily?! - my son didn’t get the gene that says there’s always room after a meal for dessert, but I couldn’t let it just sit there on the car console right in front of me. 🤣😂🤣

Lesson learned. 🤔✅ Have a great Friday, ShapeShifters!
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Jason was able to put weight on his ankle yesterday and actually walked a bit without the crutches. We pulled the little boat back out of the water and stored it. Craig was the only one who went out on the boat this trip, but I think it will work great for the futre until the lake comes back up. It's still turkey season, so the plan is to go hunting after work to see if we can get one. Wild turkey is a bit tougher, but still pretty tasty. We will make the drive back home tomorrow.

@bearchested - What kind of ride are you doing this July?

@Cyncia85 - Hazel looked super happy in the pic!

@dcresider - Glad you had fun last night. And the picture of your cat, he looks very content with life.

@pupowl - Really liked the card today.

I'm originally from the state of Iowa (born, raised, educated, and met my wife in the state), and still have a lot of friends and family there. Every year there is a bike ride across the state called RAGBRAI, 500 miles over 7 days. This year is the 50th anniversary, and I have friends doing it for the first time this year so I decided to join them. I've always enjoyed biking but only got into road cycling and longer distances this year. It's become one of my favorite hobbies.
This discussion has been closed.