Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @Pupowl -- I'm learning to oil paint, would you mind if I painted from your photos? So far I haven't painted anything I'm too happy with, but you never know, maybe success is around the corner.

Hey, how is everyone counting their steps? Is it a fitbit thing? It looks interesting and I'm wondering how many steps I get in. It might be sad. I might have to hop into the steps challenge next go.

Tomorrow I've signed up for a Mother's Day 10k at the local beach. I'm a little nervous..!

Of course not, go for it! Would love to see the result. Painting is hard. I used to try water colors, then did a bit of acrylics, but haven't done anything in years now. It's tough with a cat as well.
    I have a fitbit, though you can also use your phone. I am sure there are also cheap watches that just track steps if that is what you are after and they are likely more accurate than using an app on your phone.

I just made the switch from Fitbit to Garmin because Fitbit stopped doing challenges and that was my main draw. Garmin does challenges AND badges, so I'm having a blast with it...stepping MUCH more as well. There are MANY choices and all price points...hope you find something you like! I just love mine.

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The May Week 3 Group Challenge: Partner Up, Round 2 is live and ready to begin on Sunday, May 14th. Both chat rooms will remain open an extra day so we can announce winners and arrange teams for Round 2. Hope you'll join us! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10890538/may-week-3-group-challenge-partner-up-round-2#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • dancingonstarz
    dancingonstarz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Are you finding the Garmin to be accurate, and to play nicely with MFP? My fitbit just died the other day--the third one to die in three years. I think they will replace it because it's still under warranty, but I am looking for other options to replace the next one when it inevitably dies as well. Definitely don't want to pay for another Fitbit.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @dancingonstarz Oh yes, VERY accurate...haven't had one time for it not to sync...I'm VERY happy with it. I got it in March and had been watching them for a few weeks, trying to pick out the model I wanted, but couldn't spend a ton of money...there was a weekend when the one I was going to settle for at $200, I was about to order it...and the one I REALLY wanted $350 was marked down by $150 so I ended up getting the Vivo Active 4S...simply love it. Can't say enough positive things about it! Also, the community has been quite nice too...groups, challenges, badges...nice interactions...@frankwbrown helped me by answering questions...he's had a Garmin for quite some time...probably several. I'm so glad he walked me through my options...

FYI I see they’re running another sale over the mother’s day weekend so go have a look!

Good luck!
    Jessica
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Are you finding the Garmin to be accurate, and to play nicely with MFP? My fitbit just died the other day--the third one to die in three years. I think they will replace it because it's still under warranty, but I am looking for other options to replace the next one when it inevitably dies as well. Definitely don't want to pay for another Fitbit.

Garmin does play nice with MFP. When the accounts are connected, MFP will send calories consumed info (based on your food logging) to Garmin, and Garmin will send exercise info (exercise name, minutes, calories burned) to MFP. Garmin also sends your step count as well to MFP.
  • Sbus12
    Sbus12 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,604
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    another vote for garmin! i started with the vivoactive series but couldn't get used to the swipe screen and my wet sleeves were always triggering it. i switched to a fenix model and couldn't be happier. i'm old school and love pressing buttons!

garmin has some really lovely designs if you don't want the chunky sport watch look.

i hit the gym again on friday for upper body and did parkrun today. my eating has been alright and i'm making progress with kicking sweet. i find that not having a very sweet or sweetened breakfast has been the most helpful. hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Here is the daily card
    q3g0v5ykesho.jpg
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Fri 5/12: 17,325
    Sat 5/13: 18,940
    Thanks to this week's challenge, I've been meeting my step goal and then some.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

kb71awbbp8hm.png
    3nsrv8pq8wld.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    r152nuepst8w.png

By Pounds
    c134h5pct8z2.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    v15ygnwdrim9.png

By Pounds
    pw75h3py4d2y.png
    lt2gosxpfdln.png

Team Winners
    5y8sp3m8llvi.png
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sun, May 14, 2023
    PW: 176.4
    CW: 177.0 (gain 0.6 lb)

I'm not sure why the gain, (I saw 175 on the scale earlier in the week). Maybe water/muscle weight do to the extra stepping this week? Hope to see it turn back around soon.

LTD (May 2023): 1.8 lbs
    Highest weight: 182.2
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8

I will be out of town from Thu-Sun. My next chance to w/in will be on Monday, May 22. My w/in days are Sundays. Is it okay if I post a day late?
  • TexanMom8152
    TexanMom8152 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's day to all the moms.

We are back in Keller and ready for the next week to begin. Plan to spend the day, with low key activities.

Congrats @izzyred9400, @Zaxa2021, and @kcpond!!

@Itadakimasu7 - Good luck on your 10k.
  • Cyncia85
    Cyncia85 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Cyncia1028

Weigh In Day: Sun May 14 = 225 lbs

And my steps...
    Friday May 12 = 5,5724
    Saturday May 13th = 11,773
  • Zaxa2021
    Zaxa2021 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Steps

5/13 - 10,050
  • Bumbinella
    Bumbinella Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Dear moderators, dear @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl may I please be excused from this week‘s weigh-in? I am on a short trip in Rome with my husband and there’s no scale in site at the apartment we booked.
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    alleykat69 wrote: »
    alleykat69

Steps for April 23 to 29
    Sunday 2762
    Monday 2495
    Tuesday 4270
    Wednesday 3514
    Thursday 5722
    Friday 4142
    Saturday 3911

@alleykat69 Missing your steps for Apr 16-22nd as well. Please post them and I'll get you caught up. I'll look back and see if they were posted and somehow missing...
    Jessica

I posted those steps when I did my weigh on. unfortunately I don't date my book but if you can find it I could try to backtrack for them.

@alleykat69 I went through all of the pages and got what we could, but we've already posted the results now for the month. Please try to post your steps every 2-3 days...not a week at a time. It just makes it easier for the Captains. Thanks!
    Jessica

I'm sorry. I'll post every day.
This discussion has been closed.