WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• honeygldchelly
    honeygldchelly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    PW: 235.2
    CW: 236.5

@jugar sorry I don’t get notifications from this app but to answer your question I think it’s just stress and not being able to eat as much as I normally do. otherwise i’m fine

-steps @ashleycarole86
    mon: 4830
    tues: 5377
    wed: 15394
    thur: 11073
    fri: 8323
    sat: 4232
    sun: 3818
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,097 Member
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Heya! @jugar i need to take a break for a long while. I'll reapply to the group once I'm ready to come back. Everything is fine, I'm just working on myself 😊

No problem! I am wishing you the very best :heart:
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    PW - 169
    CW - 169.6

Hope it's just water weight because it's been so hot in Alberta. What is your favourite summer meals to make? I'm not finding much inspiration lately
  • jugar
    Options
    @adrimango congrats on getting under 155! Those long-time not seen milestones are a great feeling.

I was happy to get out into my big vegetable garden and till the first 2 beds and part of the 3rd. There are 8 in total, and I like to spread it out over a few days - it is a good workout for sure! I have not seen the garden this dry in the middle of May in years. It makes tilling a lot easier, that's for sure. Cold nights coming up so I'm not planting yet, but soon!

@ashleycarole86 my steps and stuff for yesterday and today:
    Sunday 9256 steps + 15 minutes pilates
    Monday 11015 steps + 15 strength + 15 Pilates + 30 bike
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps (sorry for the delay)
    Sun 10,105
    Mon 16,741
    Tues 14,606
    Wed 15,800
    Thurs 13,459
    Fri 12,785
    Sat 20, 287
  • jugar
    Options
    What a quiet Tuesday :smiley: I trust it was due to everyone having a lovely day with many things to do.

@DD265 I hope your near-perfect day was brilliant! I am glad you will be setting yourself up for a modest loss, and your approach to making a plan and sleeping on it is a great way to begin. Stay flexible, aim for the positive feelings you will surely experience. DD power!!

We were supposed to have 100% chance of rain today, so I planned all kinds of indoor things to do. It hardly rained, and that not until 5 pm! So I got some more of the garden rototilled, picked rhubarb (but did not make pie!), and had a good workout. Now I'm heading to the sauna to sweat effortlessly! It doesn't burn too many calories, but it feels good.

Wednesday people get ready!
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @DianaGetsFit512

Overdue:
    @IDebraK
    @TessieMac833
    @Natroushka

Thanks!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm laughing a bit at this last topic - the do everything - I suspect I am an annoying person to sit with (poor dad)...as I am always jumping up to do something that needs doing. But boy, it sure helps with sleep. I do try to stop sometimes and savor the time just enjoying the birds, the view, the garden but often that involves a glass or two of wine after a full day of doing.
    @EvMakesChanges after thinking of it for a couple years, I finally sent off some old gardening duds to InsectShield - they do the pyrethrin spraying for you. and for the first time, I am tucking my pants into my socks. I'm in New England and the ticks are crazy here, and an increase in yet another nasty disease they carry is on the rise here (babesiosis).
    Summer like weather in the last week...and too dry already -glad @jugar that you can turn your garden now but may it rain soon after please. It doesn't bode well for the summer.
    I dropped some of my 'habits' pretty quick again after the start of the month but still trying to be conscious and make better choices.
  • jugar
    Options
    Not great for steps and such today, but I got a lot done!

steps 8239 + 30 minutes Pilates
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the polar opposite of Monday... commuted in, had a mentally draining work day, and totally emotionally crashed at night. Got home, had supper #1, decided to eat a supper #2, and then some... just eating mindlessly and for the sake of it. And then I put myself to bed.

The air quality is really bad here right now so taking the little pup out for a walk was not an option, but I could have done something. I laid in bed, watched two Netflix movies, and stayed up way too late. Not even healthy from the perspective of getting myself to bed early! Oops all around.

Today is a new day. I do a dinner club with a couple of ladies I used to work with once a month and tonight is the night. Will try to do better on steps at least before I get there!
  • jugar
    Options
    Yesterday was the polar opposite of Monday... commuted in, had a mentally draining work day, and totally emotionally crashed at night. Got home, had supper #1, decided to eat a supper #2, and then some... just eating mindlessly and for the sake of it. And then I put myself to bed.

The air quality is really bad here right now so taking the little pup out for a walk was not an option, but I could have done something. I laid in bed, watched two Netflix movies, and stayed up way too late. Not even healthy from the perspective of getting myself to bed early! Oops all around.

Today is a new day. I do a dinner club with a couple of ladies I used to work with once a month and tonight is the night. Will try to do better on steps at least before I get there!
    My heart is with you - flying through the smoke. Stressful days + bad air quality - not a great combination. You needed to fight the stress and you did. Today put the emotion you WANT to feel front and centre. You want to feel calmer, choose actions and foods that help you feel calmer. A minute of breathing every hour (somewhere with filtered air!!). A long, slow drink of cool water to cool you down. A short session of squats, rolldowns, stretches, whatever feels good. I call it my "old lady warmup" ever since I was about 40. Just stand there, wait a second, and see what your body wants to do. As to food, put that thought of calm or joy or whatever you're aiming for into your head. If you're angry and exploding with energy, go for some "angercise"! Blast out those steps or reps. As to food, ask if the food is going to get you to calm and happy for real and not just in the moment. Eat it! Sometimes that might be some indulgent food, but it hopefully won't be mindless eating without an end. You've got this :heart:
This discussion has been closed.