WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    It is snowing. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny but even colder. I hope the apple blossoms survive! They just opened...
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey Canadians - could you please put out your fires? It's getting hard to breathe down here!

I say that jokingly, but the AQI of 190 last night (which I know still pales in comparison to Edmonton and Calagary and the like) nixed my plans to walk outside last night. Instead, my hubs and I measured the rooms for air purifiers...yay.

@jugar You know, it's interesting how many people use the sauna as a substitute for physical activity. I know you know that sweat doesn't equal burning kcals, but there are so many times I ask my patients about how their physical activity is going and they tell me 'oh really good, I went to the sauna the other day and sweated a lot'....I'm just glad that masks prevented my facial expression from being too obvious :D
  • jugar
    Options
    Hey Canadians - could you please put out your fires? It's getting hard to breathe down here!

I say that jokingly, but the AQI of 190 last night (which I know still pales in comparison to Edmonton and Calagary and the like) nixed my plans to walk outside last night. Instead, my hubs and I measured the rooms for air purifiers...yay.

@jugar You know, it's interesting how many people use the sauna as a substitute for physical activity. I know you know that sweat doesn't equal burning kcals, but
    there are so many times I ask my patients about how their physical activity is going and they tell me 'oh really good, I went to the sauna the other day and sweated a lot'....I'm just glad that masks prevented my facial expression from being too obvious :D

Masks were SO great for that! I love the sauna for recovery from "real" sweating, but by itself, not so much.
  • kelliward1
    kelliward1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all....been a busy weekend and all with Mother's day on Sunday and my birthday the next. Weight is up a little...some probably from the birthday treats I had and also I'm getting close to starting my monthly.

HW: 289
    SW: 282.4
    PW: 242.6
    CW: 243.6
  • jugar
    Options
    kelliward1 wrote: »
    Afternoon all....been a busy weekend and all with Mother's day on Sunday and my birthday the next. Weight is up a little...some probably from the birthday treats I had and also I'm getting close to starting my monthly.

HW: 289
    SW: 282.4
    PW: 242.6
    CW: 243.6

oops! wrong team chat! I'll copy this over to team Weight No More and you can follow it over there -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10889600/weightnomore-team-chat-may-2023#latest
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I need advice! I've been working out a storm and playing lots of sports in a lot of fun new workout clothes but I'm having a huge problem finding undies that don't twist and bunch or ride up while doing squats or jumps or just pivoting. I'm not a fan of 'panty lines' so I've been purchasing athletic style thong underwear but at this point I'm getting desperate to find ANYTHING that will stop me from picking my wedgie after every set in my Tabata class! Does anyone have a recommendation or something that really works for them? It's really hard to fix your underwear under 3 layers of hockey equipment. I need a solution, this is nuts. I bought 15 new pairs and nothing works.
    Help!
    (also, please don't laugh too hard! 🤣)
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I LOVE your question. But have no answers. I just wear boring underwear that probably gives me panty lines, but I don't really care as long as they behave. Denver Hayes. The dullest. They only give me troubles when they get old and loose. I hope you find something!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Where is everyone? Lots of late check-ins this week. Time to catch up :smiley:

Overdue:
    @IDebraK
    @TessieMac833
    @Natroushka
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @DianaGetsFit512

Due Thursday:
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @DD265

Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    steps n' stuff for Wednesday:
    10,283 + 25 strength + 30 bike
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry I’m late
    Weigh in: Wednesday
    CW: 222.2
    😡
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    PW: 95.8
    CW: 96.7

I don't feel like I've 'done' anything to warrant that. That said, we've had plenty of fast food, some serious weight lifting, an injury, not enough water and not many steps/no running. I've also not been tracking my intake. So on balance...

My 'plan' is:
    • Track everything (I will use the Practise Better app as I can just take photos/free text entry)
    • 5000 steps a day (have signed up for a Conqueror Challenge with a co-worker to motivate)
    • 2L water a day (soft drinks are 'on top' of my 2L if I want them)

I will start from there. I'm having no trouble with the muesli for breakfast and the smaller portions at lunch as per the dietician. Having photos of my food intake will make it easier to be honest about what else is or isn't going on.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey so one option is commando, but if that's not your thing, I wear 'Bonded high waisted briefs' by Boux Avenue. I appreciate you may not be able to get the brand, but if you have a look at the style (I would link, but I'm not searching for underwear on my work laptop!) they are seamless, and high waisted. They don't go anywhere whether I am running or lifting - including all the work we've done on the snatch which is jumping into a deep squat position.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 196.6
    CW 197
  • alydanbeads
    alydanbeads Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day: Wednesday
    PW: 144.6
    CW: 147.4

Rough week full of bad choices.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Username: 39flavours
    Weigh in Day: Thursday
    PW: 145.6
    CW: 147.0

I've been a bit lacking in effort this last week, we've had some lovely sunny days and I've been enjoying too many beers in pub gardens and snacking too much. I don't think I've overdone it enough to get an actual fat gain though, as I've still been tracking my calories and should be at maintenance levels. I'm quite bloated though and my totm is 3 days late (no, it's not 'that'!) so I'm hoping when it comes I'll start to settle back down.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I second the commando way, no lines or wedgies 😂 Although, I must admit, I wear boring bikini panties from Lane Bryant. I find the cheekie style and shorts cause wedgies for me while exercising.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed
    Looking fab girl. Beautiful day for a walk it seems

Air quality felt a bit better here today.. still hazy but not smelling as smoky. Getting my 10K again today!
This discussion has been closed.