Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    I am back in town from my beach house vacation to celebrate my college graduation. I have not been counting calories or eating properly most of this month but I am so thankful to report that I haven't gained much weight back. I look forward to getting back on track starting today!

SW: 218
    PW: 188.4
    CW: 191.4

What a great way to celebrate your graduation. Now that your back on track, you will see the weight come back off.
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    Looking for a motivation bump today yall...

What's the reason you decided to make a change and fight for your health? Why do you keep pushing forward?

I had several reasons to lose weight. One was my diabetes was not well controlled and I was now on insulin. I also wanted to be able to do more with my grandkids. I have controlled my blood sugars and have been insulin free for two years this coming September. Now I want to lose more weight because it is good for my joints. I think this along with back surgery will give me more mobility.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,401
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise:✔️✔️

Can’t believe it’s Wednesday already. I am nervous my Vegas trip might be disrupted as the airline pilots might be going on strike. I booked my trip to Newfoundland with the same airline but hopefully if they do strike it would be over by July 3rd. Waiting for some gravel to kick in and then I will decide what I will do for exercise. This is the first time in awhile that I have had bad nausea from the ozempic.

Have a great Wednesday!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Steps: 4,401
    Log food: ✔️✔️✔️
    Exercise:✔️✔️

Can’t believe it’s Wednesday already. I am nervous my Vegas trip might be disrupted as the airline pilots might be going on strike. I booked my trip to Newfoundland with the same airline but hopefully if they do strike it would be over by July 3rd. Waiting for some gravel to kick in and then I will decide what I will do for exercise. This is the first time in awhile that I have had bad nausea from the ozempic.

Have a great Wednesday!

Hope you feel better soon, Linda! I am so jealous of both your upcoming trips! Vegas for the sports, food, and shows and Newfoundland for the sheer beauty!
  • HASWLRS
    Options

What's the reason you decided to make a change and fight for your health? Why do you keep pushing forward?

You specifically said "health". It feels like I have been waiting my whole married life for my husband to retire. Well, that day will come and if I am not healthy and mobile, I will not be able to enjoy it, with or without him! He's only 56, so he's got a few more years, but we all know how fast life moves at this stage of it! And I don't have grandchildren yet, but I am fairly certain I will and I would like to be an active participant in their lives.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    I haven't been very active in the group lately, but I am still in the zone and still working the program. I have avoided chocolate for the whole month of May, and it has absolutely been worth it. Yesterday evening I was in the grocery store for a few things. I had quite a few calories left on the table for the day, so I was going to get myself something chocolate, but I just couldn't do it. Every chocolate thing I looked at told me that if I ate it, I would want more. I ended up with something salty that I could fit into my calories instead. I did buy some very sweet Muscat grapes. They are so good....they taste like a blush wine!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH-IN

May 3: 207.6
    May 10: 205.2
    May 17: 203.2
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,452 Member
    Options
    y4fyu6welrce.jpg

MAY WEEK 2 RESULTS
    TOP 7 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @NouveauRee 76,448 steps
    2nd @itladyee 60,769 steps
    3rd @adianeschu 53,274 steps
    4th @Fazola 46,495 steps
    5th @lindamtuck2018 33,970 steps
    6th @tahm42 33,970 steps
    7th @aactuallyaash 29, 285 steps
    GREAT JOB LADIES :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 209,187 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @aactuallyaash 7/7
    @itladyee 5/7
    @tahm42 0/7
    @adianeschu 6/7
    @NouveauRee 6/7
    @Fazola 5/7
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Recap

- Eating only at Level 3: yes
    - Water (Goal 64 oz) : 56
    - Increased intensity while walking: yes

- THOUGHTS:

Step Challenge - Goal 7000

5/14 7,712
    5/15 9,564
    5/16 8,668

Weigh in Day: Friday
    Starting - 217.6 4/28/2023
    5/5 - 214.2
    5/12 - 216.3
    5/19 -
    5/26 -
    6/3 -
    Total 1.3
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options

At 58 i couldn't walk, due to my weight causing a knee injury. I just sat around eating and getting fatter! Had to decide if that was how i was going to spend the rest of my life or if i was going to stop eating and start living!

I hear that!! It definitely makes you feel like a prisoner. So much beauty out there we still be to see. Thanks for sharing 😊😊
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »

I was about to turn 40. My dad died of a heart attack at age 51 and both my grandfathers passed away from heart attacks at age 50. I was close to 400 pounds. I either had to make a change or not see 50 years old. And I was just tired of feeling crummy. It's no fun being 400 pounds. Worried about whether you can fit into a seat or whether it can hold your weight. Knees hurting, stomach and other health issues.

I feel SO much better now. Today I ran 5km, went to work and then immediately to 2 hours of baseball. It's now midnight and I'm smoking a few joints on my porch cause I just got home from ball and I'm completely wound lol.

You are definitely an inspiration brother. I can't wait to join you on that side of this.
  • NachDeezy
    Options

I had several reasons to lose weight. One was my diabetes was not well controlled and I was now on insulin. I also wanted to be able to do more with my grandkids. I have controlled my blood sugars and have been insulin free for two years this coming September. Now I want to lose more weight because it is good for my joints. I think this along with back surgery will give me more mobility.

Insulin free for two years- that's amazing!! Appreciate you my friend 💜

• NachDeezy
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »

You specifically said "health". It feels like I have been waiting my whole married life for my husband to retire. Well, that day will come and if I am not healthy and mobile, I will not be able to enjoy it, with or without him! He's only 56, so he's got a few more years, but we all know how fast life moves at this stage of it! And I don't have grandchildren yet, but I am fairly certain I will and I would like to be an active participant in their lives.

Time really does fly.. every year I said "okthis time".. now I'm in my 40s with a birthday in a few days. Enjoying life is what it's all about- that's an awesome "why". We got this.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Stacimfit wrote: »

It's Tuesday now but I still thought I would reply to this!
    The reason I decided to make a change is because I've listened to a lot of podcasts about health and how you can change the cycle in your family. I know my grandparents had health problems and you don't have to have the attitude "they were on all that medication, so I will be too", no you can change that. Just because they did, doesn't mean you will have to. That is my hope anyway as long as the issues aren't in my genes. But I want to live long and healthy so I can feel great as long as possible!

Hey I'll take inspiration any day of the week! Breaking the cycle!! I love that "why".. I definitely grew up around family that was chained to giant pill containers to manage every issue that could possibly come from being overweight. I don't want to be that person if I can help it... heck I misplace my inhaler every day. I can't imagine trying to keep track of multiple meds. I have been blessed to be at this horrible weight so long and not be on any meds. Can't afford to push my luck anymore. Thanks so much for the response and inspiration my friend. 💪🏽💪🏽
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw: 252.6
    Cw: 249.8

Thank you!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday

Thank you!!

🎉🎉🎉🎉
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry I have been out of the loop. Traveling. Can you put me on pause? i will be back for the June challenge.
    See you June 1
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH-IN

May 3: 207.6
    May 10: 205.2
    May 17: 203.2

Your progress is amazing. I hear that sugar is addictive so great job staying away from chocolate.
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday

Thank you!!

Nice loss!
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry I have been out of the loop. Traveling. Can you put me on pause? i will be back for the June challenge.
    See you June 1

See you in June.

This discussion has been closed.