WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Today is the best day I have had since the end of March. I walked to and from work and just got in a sneaky 30 min Tabata class. I have stayed on course for food so far and have a chicken dish planned for later on.
    I am struggling. It's been a rough couple of months but I am hoping I can build on today, one step at a time.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Job Offer! No Salary! Only Glory!

2fngvueniabl.png

Team WaistAways could use a Motivator. @ashleycarole86 and I are the collectors of all numbers and the whole team does a great job encouraging each other. This is all wonderful - BUT it helps our experience a great deal to have someone who starts fires, raises the participation rates, and gets things rolling. This is not just about cheering successes and supporting members through rough bits. We all do brilliantly at that already. This would be more for someone who would come up with some internal challenges (like the non-zero days, mini-goal consistency, etc.), post external links that are interesting or useful, read great stuff and talk about it, propose discussion topics, etc. etc. The sky's the limit. It also gives all of us a point person if we have any brilliant ideas but lack the time to put them into action.

Being the Team Motivator should not be a huge burden, but it works best if you have a bit of time every day to follow up, post something, or whatever occurs to you. You would work with the co-captains to bounce around ideas. You might snoop around the other teams to see what they're up to, and maybe even do a 2-team faceoff or short-term challenge - anything goes.

If you're interested, we could set up a zoom call to talk it over. We could have more than 1 if volunteers are coming out of the woodwork! Just post here or send a message, and we'll get to it. I think it will be fun to inject some new energy into our team.
    Tally ho!
    zsy75nw2sunm.png
  • jugar
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »
    Today is the best day I have had since the end of March. I walked to and from work and just got in a sneaky 30 min Tabata class. I have stayed on course for food so far and have a chicken dish planned for later on.
    I am struggling. It's been a rough couple of months but I am hoping I can build on today, one step at a time.
    You are a genius! What a perfect day. I need to have me one of those tomorrow.
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

I’ll match you tomorrow too, I need the accountability ☺️
  • jugar
    Options

You're on. Let's pre-log tonight, or at least have a kind of food outline for the day.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Oh @jugar I was down about a pound and a half on Saturday after that Friday weigh in. I just left it as is so maybe I’ll show a loss this week. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼. Need to not eat any more cupcakes this week!!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 some exercise numeros for you -

Sunday - 12419 + 30 minutes bike
    Monday - 11701 + 20 minutes strength + 45 min. bike

Thanks!
  • LoraineGB
    Options

You're on. Let's pre-log tonight, or at least have a kind of food outline for the day.
    I’ve pre logged the base of my foods for tomorrow, now to ensure I get some good activity as well 😊

• adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a new trick this week, thought I'd share - I blocked my calendar for lunch and a walk each day this week. I'm hoping that helps me simply take the time for both. Last week I had days where I didn't leave myself enough time to make something healthy and take a little walk. Gotta put myself on the list!
  • jugar
    Options
    @DD265 your lifting is impressive! Congrats on the PB - hopefully it will help cancel out the PMS. Those huge emotional swings are the thing I miss the least since entering the rather blissfully mellow post menopause phase of my life. Your sweetie sounds like a real sweetie!

@adrimango well done on the calendar planning. I used to put gym time and walks into my agenda as meetings or appointments that I could not miss - it helped a lot. You belong on the list!

@LoraineGB I hope your 2nd perfect day is going as well as my 1st one. So far breakfast and lunch have been truly excellent, I did my practicing, I'm heading out for some garden work and will do my workout before making dinner. Let me know how you're doing!
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    @DD265 your lifting is impressive! Congrats on the PB - hopefully it will help cancel out the PMS. Those huge emotional swings are the thing I miss the least since entering the rather blissfully mellow post menopause phase of my life. Your sweetie sounds like a real sweetie!

@adrimango well done on the calendar planning. I used to put gym time and walks into my agenda as meetings or appointments that I could not miss - it helped a lot. You belong on the list!

@LoraineGB I hope your 2nd perfect day is going as well as my 1st one. So far breakfast and lunch have been truly excellent, I did my practicing, I'm heading out for some garden work and will do my workout before making dinner. Let me know how you're doing!

I am having a stellar day today, I hope you are too. Thank you for checking in on me ☺️
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 that is so beautiful! Including you :heart:

Time for the Wednesday line up - woo hoo day!
    @alydanbeads
    @Gidgitgoescrzy
    @DianaGetsFit512

and a few Sunday and Monday people who need to catch up:
    @TessieMac833
    @strong_fit_ells
    @honeygldchelly
    @MoonlitMuse
    @cleaneater80

I'll go back and make sure I did not miss any, thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    My steps and all for today:

11542 + 30 Pilates + 45 bike

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.