Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,255 Member
    Options
    brandi_84 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Brandi. I'm 38. I'm a stay at home mom. I have an 18 y/o that I homeschooled, she has now graduated and is getting ready for college. I have golden doodle, Joel, and a bird named Roku. He is quite the talker. His favorite thing to say is " I know". Guess where he got that from. I have been helping my parents and in-laws take care of their new chickens. I love hanging out with them and I'm super excited about having fresh eggs.
    Now, that I no longer have the responsibility of teaching my daughter, I am taking the time to take care of me. I have started a keto program. I am eating better and I haven't had any added sugars for 2 weeks. I am planning to add in more exercise this week. I've joined this group, after finding out about it from Lisa, to help keep me motivated.
    I look forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome to our group Brandi ... I have a 17 year old daughter who will be graduating next Friday from me homeschooling .. She will be going to college after this summer to be a Veterinarian ..She wants to open up her own clinic .... We have 2 dogs .. a German Shepherd named Dakota and a Siberian husky named Aspen...we have 2 grandma calicos named Mocha and Kylie and a parrot named Petey
    Wishing you much success :)
  • pauladner
    pauladner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pauladner
    Weigh In Day: Sunday, June 4th
    PW (Previous Weight): 134.7lb
    CW (Current Weight): 133.6lb
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Megan, do you need my steps for June?
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh-in Day!

Member: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 282.8 lbs
    CW: 286.6 lbs (Up 3.8 lbs!!!!!!)

What is going on here! What am I doing? This is soooo frustrating --- I have walked 10 pounds backward last month. I have a thousand excuses. I go on a business trip and spend 3 or 4 days eating all the wrong stuff. Your on an expense account, come on, live a little! Your Fitbit fell apart -- go buy a new one? Nah, just stop walking -- that will show those guys at Fitbit how angry I am. Having a backyard Bar-B-Que --- great, pass me another beer, while put these rib eyes on!

Two months ago, I was pretty pleased, I had my salt and sugar intake way down. I pretty much stayed away from heavily processed food. I was easily making my daily step count and rode my bike almost every day. I have (had) a food log that went back all the way to 2010! What happened? Who did this?

Well it wasn't the guy who did laps in the hotel pool after work. Maybe it was the guy who sat around all night watching television.Maybe it was the guy who ate a waffle, a bowl of sugary cereal, a bagel and 2 doughnut holes at the hotel breakfast bar this morning rather than his usual bowl of oatmeal with raisins to sweeten it and a 1/2 cup of skim milk.

Well if I did it before,I can do it again. I have to get off this Merry-go-round and back to reality. New month -- Fresh start.

So easy to relax and fall back into old habits! You think you've cracked it then the old fatty you fights back! It's made so much harder when people keep telling you how great you look after losing so much! Oh it's only a5lb gain, then it's 10lb then its 30lb its a very slippery slope and I'm on it too!! We can do this ... June is going to be a downward weight trend!
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sorry for not checking in last week. It was a bit chaotic with my son's graduation, and closing up my classroom for the summer.

Welcome to the new team members! Brief intro - I live in Ohio with my husband and 3 young adult children. I teach high school, and have just started summer break. I have arthritis in both knees. Last month I reestablished the habit of exercising several days a week, even only for 10 minutes. I am in this not only to lose weight and take pressure off my knees, but to also regain my stamina. I am tired of being so easily worn out.

My plans for June include:
    continue to increase my activity level & mix in some strength training
    be deliberate about eating - it's more challenging when I'm not limited to what I packed for lunch
  • GirlOnTheRebound
    GirlOnTheRebound Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh-in Day!

What is going on here! What am I doing? This is soooo frustrating --- I have walked 10 pounds backward last month. I have a thousand excuses. I go on a business trip and spend 3 or 4 days eating all the wrong stuff. Your on an expense account, come on, live a little! Your Fitbit fell apart -- go buy a new one? Nah, just stop walking -- that will show those guys at Fitbit how angry I am. Having a backyard Bar-B-Que --- great, pass me another beer, while put these rib eyes on!

Two months ago, I was pretty pleased, I had my salt and sugar intake way down. I pretty much stayed away from heavily processed food. I was easily making my daily step count and rode my bike almost every day. I have (had) a food log that went back all the way to 2010! What happened? Who did this?

Well it wasn't the guy who did laps in the hotel pool after work. Maybe it was the guy who sat around all night watching television.Maybe it was the guy who ate a waffle, a bowl of sugary cereal, a bagel and 2 doughnut holes at the hotel breakfast bar this morning rather than his usual bowl of oatmeal with raisins to sweeten it and a 1/2 cup of skim milk.

Well if I did it before,I can do it again. I have to get off this Merry-go-round and back to reality. New month -- Fresh start.

ARGHHHH the frustration is real! But now that you went backwards, now you have screamed....NOW you move forward! Welcome to June ❤️
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Sunday, the 4th

Logged, under, but no formal exercise. 7,261 steps doing stuff around the house.
    My husband was barbecuing steak for dinner, so I purposely ate very little up until then so I could enjoy as much as I wanted.
    My knee is feeling better, relatively speaking, but I am still not going to go for a walk. I will just try to accomplish things around the house to get my steps*.
    *Steps for me, to give me more calories so that I can eat more. Still not ready to come back for a step challenge :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options

Two months ago, I was pretty pleased, I had my salt and sugar intake way down. I pretty much stayed away from heavily processed food. I was easily making my daily step count and rode my bike almost every day. I had a food log.

I was the guy who did laps in the hotel pool after work. I ate oatmeal with raisins to sweeten it and a 1/2 cup of skim milk for breakfast.

Well if I did it before,I can do it again. New month -- Fresh start.

@rwillems I fixed your post for you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    Weigh get from Garmin

Awesome loss!
    Weigh in

PW 252.2
    CW 249.2

Fantastic loss! Do you walk daily to reach your step goal?

Penny @MyChoiceisaGoodLife

Weigh-in day: Sunday 06.04.23

Current weight 158.0
    Previous weight 157.6

The new medication makes joints hurt and muscles weak. I'm working out more to try to counteract the weakness, and if anyone has experience with statins that can share words of wisdom I would love it!

This week, in addition to more exercise, I'm cleaning up the between-meal eating. The combined efforts will hopefully begin to nudge the weight loss results again.

Congrats on the loss even with dealing with pain. I live with chronic pain so I understand how it makes eating healthy and exercise difficult. I take statins but don’t have any issues. They did change the brand/type(?) years ago but I don’t remember why. Maybe ask your doctor to change you to a different statin.

• lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2023
    Options
    pauladner wrote: »
    Pauladner
    Weigh In Day: Sunday, June 4th
    PW (Previous Weight): 134.7lb
    CW (Current Weight): 133.6lb

Nice loss!
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh-in Day!

I totally agree with @Slimmersixties. I was away for 3 nights, 4 days and it is a struggle to get back on track. But you are right, it is a fresh start. We can log our food, get back to exercising and eating better.
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sorry for not checking in last week. It was a bit chaotic with my son's graduation, and closing up my classroom for the summer.

Welcome to the new team members! Brief intro - I live in Ohio with my husband and 3 young adult children. I teach high school, and have just started summer break. I have arthritis in both knees. Last month I reestablished the habit of exercising several days a week, even only for 10 minutes. I am in this not only to lose weight and take pressure off my knees, but to also regain my stamina. I am tired of being so easily worn out.

My plans for June include:
    continue to increase my activity level & mix in some strength training
    be deliberate about eating - it's more challenging when I'm not limited to what I packed for lunch

It’s amazing how much pressure we take off our joints with weight loss! If I remember right, for every pound lost we remove 4 pounds of pressure from our knees. 😯
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,133
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 0/4

I am patiently waiting for maintenance to come to either fix my fridge or replace it. If they get here early enough I will go to the pool otherwise I will do some indoor walking.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • whitfcan
    whitfcan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Candice. I am so excited to be apart of this amazing group! A little about me...I have been a yo-yo dieter for years. I have my biggest success at weight loss with WW. However, I grew tired of the monthly fees and forever changing methods associated with the program. This led me to MFP.

My biggest downfall on my weight loss journey has been my lack of accountability. I am not very consistent with tracking foods (especially the bad ones...lol). But, I am very encouraged and excited to give this a true GO and stick with it. I'm looking forward to referring to this thread for motivation, tips, and positivity during this journey.

Let's Do This!!! <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    Megan, do you need my steps for June?

You can do them now if you want or you can wait ..its up to you :)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Steps: 4,133
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 0/4

I am patiently waiting for maintenance to come to either fix my fridge or replace it. If they get here early enough I will go to the pool otherwise I will do some indoor walking.

You know you are on MFP when you read "I am patiently waiting for maintenance to come...." and you automatically think goal weight!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Weigh-in Day!

You got this Rick ... take it 1 day at a time ... start slow like get back to eating your oatmeal for a week and then add to it each week ... I believe in you :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    whitfcan wrote: »
    Hello everyone! My name is Candice. I am so excited to be apart of this amazing group! A little about me...I have been a yo-yo dieter for years. I have my biggest success at weight loss with WW. However, I grew tired of the monthly fees and forever changing methods associated with the program. This led me to MFP.

My biggest downfall on my weight loss journey has been my lack of accountability. I am not very consistent with tracking foods (especially the bad ones...lol). But, I am very encouraged and excited to give this a true GO and stick with it. I'm looking forward to referring to this thread for motivation, tips, and positivity during this journey.

Let's Do This!!! <3

Welcome to our wonderful group ... looking forward to watching you succeed with us :)
This discussion has been closed.