Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    @trooworld You sound like my daughter; she reads more than one book at a time too. I can't keep them straight. Currently reading the Shadow and Bone series by Leigh Bardugo. I'm on the second book - Siege and Storm. I read her Six of Crows series, which lead me to these. I like the Six of Crows better, but am enjoying these as well.

@gjaholy33 Great news, so glad for you. You got this.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 I agree, it is very hard to stay on track while on vacation/at other people's houses. Awww, your grandkids are adorable! It looks like you had a great time. Thanks for posting.

@laurelfit57 Sure, I think @broncobuddee can do that for you? I hope your stress lessens.

@txcritter69 That sounds like a great dinner. Enjoy NM!

@sleepygirl79 Good luck with the fair food decisions!

@mkksemail I am! You are welcome. :D

@FushiaKat Wow, that's incredible! That's a lot of work. Good luck!

@Katmary71 How funny. I forgot I posted that I read that book and I posted it in our other group's discussion! Young Mungo is going good but slow. I've not had much time for physical reading lately. Thank you! Oh I hate when I have those kinds of nightmares that make me glad I woke up. Have a great day!

@DrewsAnna It sounds like you are fighting for it, you've got this.

@ddainiak Congrats on the loss! Yeah, it's a bad habit I have to read multiple books and SOMETIMES I get the plots mixed up lol. I read the first of the Shadow and Bone series and liked it. I may have to try the Six of Crows series, thanks!

Hi all. I had a late night last night: I had to go to the county fair for an awards ceremony, one of my paintings won 2nd place in its category. After that, we had to eat something quick so we stopped by the grocery store and got some salad packs. That was a good decision. I'm so tired today, it's going to be hard to stay on track but I'll do my best.

4th of July challenge: tracked 100% of what I ate

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    What is the July 4th challenge, btw?

I love reading those posts, but I don't know that I know what it is? 🤪
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    @mkksemail i don’t blame you for being concerned! I hope you head back from the ENT very quickly and they can get that taken care of.

@leonadixon I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, and for your recent loss of your father. I hope for some peace, health and the best possible care for your mom and your whole family.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69
    Hey Dar-ren ;) I enjoyed your intro post but it was a little triggering lol. Lifelong coffee addict here. Like a pot or two a day from 17-37. I gave myself an ulcer years ago and powered through. Then suddenly one day in May 2020 (I remember it well, as it was such a somber and momentous occasion) I made my pot like every morning. I took my first sip and became violently ill. Ever since that day I’ve tried countless times, and 🤮 every single time. It’s so cruel. Why? Why?

So now I switched to tea, about 75 flavours, but I dream about coffee every single day.

Anyway, there’s my not particularly interesting or amusing coffee story lol ;) I’m short, I’m jealous of you and your coffee enjoyment. :)
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Well the smoke has arrived here in Connecticut. This will be day two of inside walking (and no walk for Monty). Something about walking outside that makes the time go by so quickly. Made this yummy meal last night and had to share; added grilled chicken for protein and used pasta I had in the cupboard instead of the whole wheat.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/20-minute-veggie-lo-mein-bowl/
    hi0j9mmbx2lf.jpg

@mkksemail The July 4th challenge was posted in the last week of the May thread; page 21. Don't think it would be too late to make some kind of commitment. Good luck at the ENT, I would be concerned too.
    e60jjmy1c23y.png

Hey Slimpossibles! Join me for a fun 4th of July challenge! Choose just one thing to work on until July 4th to make it a habit. Do the thing and report in as often as you'd like how you are doing!

For my "thing", I am going to choose tracking just one meal a day.

Good luck!

@19shmoo69 41dps6ejl7gf.gif

@trooworld Congrats! Can you share a picture? Would love to see!

@leonadixon So sorry to hear about your Mom. I understand fully; my sister (and best friend) was just diagnosed with ovarian cancer; such heart ache. You are definitely in my prayers. Cherish every minute.

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 I'm sorry about your ulcer. Have you tried teachino? That's prolly not spelled correctly. It's a tea like coffee flavored drink. My wife likes it.

@ddainiak that's gif was funny. Thank you for that. My first thought was he's an amateur. Just drink out of the clear cup. Lol

@trooworld I do drink a lil bit of coffee. I try not advertise it. How'd I do?
This discussion has been closed.