Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    DJill68 wrote: »
    I am down a complete dress size! Woohoo! I really want to celebrate with a cheat meal, but I’m afraid I will fall off the wagon if I do.

Congrats!🏆🌺🌺🌺🌺
  • fourtherecord
    fourtherecord Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 glad you took the day off! Hope you had a well deserved rest.
    @DJill68 congratulations on dropping a dress size!

I donated blood yesterday morning and ending up fainting twice. I've been too tired yesterday afterwards and today to do anything very strenuous, but got a couple of gentle walks in.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,976 Member
    Options
    DJill68 wrote: »
    I am down a complete dress size! Woohoo! I really want to celebrate with a cheat meal, but I’m afraid I will fall off the wagon if I do.

Congratulations!

As a Maintainer, I would advise that you never celebrate with food. Clothes, jewelry, a fun outing, a book or something...but never food. Food does have a tendency to tip the whole wagon over!
  • DJill68
    DJill68 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ds4lqmzn1nli.jpeg
    Hot Pickled Yellow Squash, Fresh Lettuce. Had fresh zucchini for supper last night. Patiently waiting on onions, tomatoes, tomatillos, okra, beans & peppers.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @Brigit02 Why can’t chips be less calories, who is satisfied with 7 chips? I guess we can make them from light tortillas, I’ll have to try that sometime, haven’t done that in awhile. I can only laugh now but I used to get huge bags of Stacy's Naked pita chips and hummus and eat half the bag when I got home, that's like a day's worth of calories when I thought I was being healthy.

@trooworld Thank you! What do you mean bites, are you trying to estimate what you “taste” while cooking? I’m confused not being a jerk just for clarification.

@DJill68 Congratulations, what a great NSV! I’m loving your pickled squash, I’ve never done that! My grandparents canned, I wish I’d gotten into gardening when I was young so I could’ve learned from them. I’m making zucchini boats tomorrow, I have enough for two recipes so I’m going to have to avoid bringing home more from the farm for a bit.

@fourtherecord Oh no, sorry to hear about the fainting! It’s great you donated but sounds like it was really hard on you.

@micaroo4 I’ve tried to be good about not celebrating with food too though sometimes a meal at a nice restaurant sounds pretty awesome.

Hi friends! Had a long day, just wanted to catch up and wish you all a happy Friday.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 156.9
    CW 158.4

• Brigit02
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @Brigit02 Why can’t chips be less calories, who is satisfied with 7 chips? I guess we can make them from light tortillas, I’ll have to try that sometime, haven’t done that in awhile. I can only laugh now but I used to get huge bags of Stacy's Naked pita chips and hummus and eat half the bag when I got home, that's like a day's worth of calories when I thought I was being healthy.

Costco sells a huge bag of Stacy's pita chips that we no longer buy because I would devour it quickly. But I still ate the small bag of chips we got at Trader Joes. I can't be around pita chips without losing my mind. LOL
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:255.7
    CW:256.0
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Yay, Mica! What did you do on your day off?

@DJill68 Nice! Way to go! Can you celebrate with a pedicure or something else? Wow, awesome canned stuff! Thanks for the picture.

@fourtherecord Oh gosh, I'm sorry about that. Has that happened in the past? I donate blood but don't have that problem unless I try to donate plasma. If I donate plasma, I feel so weak and faint and I feel awful the rest of the day. So, I don't do it anymore. I just donate blood.

@Katmary71 No, Healthi (the tracking app I use) calls points "bites". So, I'm going over on my points, basically, and I am trying to figure out how many "points" a recipe is before I schedule it for a meal. It's not so easy because it all has to be done on their app, you can't track or build recipes on their website. :( It took me 5 minutes to build one recipe yesterday. I ended up just picking some recipes that I had already built + adding a few new ones. Sorry for the confusion! You would never be a jerk lol. I hope you have a good day today.

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Well, I am proof that tracking alone does not make you lose weight lol. I did a lot of things wrong last week so I'm not surprised by my gain. I am making a plan for next week. I already picked out recipes for a meal plan based on their "bites" (kind of like WW points). My knee is bothering me now so I don't know how much I can exercise.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 207 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hey folks!

I hope everyone is doing good.
    It has been a very busy week here. Thing are finely slowing down a bit.

@mkksemail when it come to tweaking the part I don't like is having to add every little bit of what you eat. So most of the time by dinner I am not in the mood to make recipes for what I am cooking, adding every single thing I am put on a salad, or I just don't eat cuz I don't want to log it. If that makes sense.
    Unfortunately the real deal is not like the show, Orange is the New Black.

@Katmary71 when you say tarp are you referring to the one used to keep thing dry that have no air holes or one that is like a screen with air holes?
    Right now I am not having an issue with the sun. Where I put my garden just happens to get shade during some parts of the day. pgee6bh3j9at.jpg
    rk9me2upusek.jpg
    fqul9ruvv5c8.jpg
    This fall we are moving the garden to an area that had no natural shade source so I have been looking into different shade screens. I just typed garden shade ideas in Google search to get some ideas.

Well I think my cucumbers are at the end of their life span. I let to many cucumbers mature by accident. Yesterday I started another pickling cucumber and a bush cucumber along with cantaloupe and cilantro. I am trying something out by having my watermelon and cantaloupe climb the trellis instead of growing on the ground. But while rearranging my cantaloupe I stressed out the plants. So planted back ups just in case.

It is time to get around and head out for my morning walk and knock out my to Do list for the day.
    Have a blessed day!

GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!

• micaroo4
    Options
    Yesterday Rich and I got to spend the day together. I thought perhaps Rich would want to do his own thing, as I know he likes having a day all to himself (as do I). He had breakfast with his friend Ed from work, which is a weekly thing for them, and then he spent the rest of the day with me. When I started out for my first walk of the day (before his breakfast), he joined me. While he was at breakfast, I took a short bike ride, about 30 minutes. When he came back from his breakfast, he suggested another, much longer walk. This was great for me - I had my 6+ walking miles done before 10:30am and mostly beat the heat. It got HOT. We haven't had a hot day since June 9. It got up to 91 yesterday and very humid. After the walk I took another quick bike ride, and then Rich & I went out for lunch. Not the best thing for his diabetes, but it was nice. He took over the agenda after lunch and we went to the bookstore. He bought 5 survival books. I asked if he thought I was going to drop him off in the wilderness with nothing but a pen knife and a bag of m&ms. For some reason, he feels he needs to be prepared to survive in the wilderness. I wish he took as much interest in his diabetes survival. After the bookstore, we went out to walk in the woods at Peverly Pond, where it was a few degrees cooler. Then back home, and he wanted to watch an episode of Alone (this is where the survivalist stuff is coming from). I went out for one last walk around the neighborhood. Today, my "real" day off, I will be doing some housecleaning and running errands. But first, a morning walk. It's going to be another HOT day.
  • Brigit02
    Options
    @txcritter69 You have a beautiful home!

@trooworld My knees have been bothering me too so I did this workout yesterday:

30-Minute 'Knee Friendly' Total Body Barre Workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7s8sGwYYUM

It was very easy on my knees, Jessica Smith is fantastic.
  • Brigit02
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Just remember you were prayed for today.

Who was prayed for?
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Slims !

Love the garden pix, and ahhh, interesting on the real thing not being like Orange is the New Black, tx!

troo and brigit, with you both on the knees :eek: . Somewhat counterintuitively (to me) squats are a great exercise for poor knees. I had a 25 squats x 3 days mini-challenge as part of one of my other challenges a couple weeks ago, and I was like .... :eek: :eek: :eek: nooooo . But I googled some squats vids bc I wanted to make sure I was getting the form right. I know if you do it wrong, it can hurt your back or your knees, or something like that. I found some super helpful youtubes on squats for beginners, etc. One talked about how it was the most useful and necessary exercise for seniors to do, which shocked me! Another talked about the helpfulness for arthritic knees. I was like, okay, I guess I should do this. I met my 3 day challenge and kept going. Reached 2 weeks on Wed of this week woohoooo. Another useful thing for bum knees is Tai Chi. Also learned that recently, again - also bc of a mini-challenge that was part of another challenge. Dr. Paul Lam makes a Tai Chi for Arthritis video that I tried out last week. It's an hour and a half, Intro and Six lessons. I only listened to the intro and did lesson one so far.

DJill, your canning looks amazing! And mica, your advice to never use food to celebrate sounds perfect. Plus, your day off crashing your hubby's day to himself sounds lovely!! It sounds like hubby really wanted to and enjoyed the day with you. And wtg getting in all your exercise before the heat hit. Nice!

Cheers!
    - mk :) (Maine ... where it's Day Two of summer, lol )
  • micaroo4
    Options
    We went from spring, to hells front porch!
This discussion has been closed.