Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 your grand babies are adorable! I can’t believe they are that age already!!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who made it to the leaderboard.

@txcritter69 Your home is gorgeous.

@tfelts147 have a great time on your cruise. That sounds like fun. Eventually, I want to go on one more, an Alaskan cruise.

@DJill68 that baby quilt is so beautiful!!

Hey y'all,

I'm not sure what I have shared on here, so please bare with me. Last week I went to the courthouse to get an anti-harassment order against my neighbor and I'm pretty irritated because I haven't heard anything yet. They said, maybe Monday, probably Tuesday. I hope its soon though.

I've been really good about staying busy lately and reaching my step goal almost everyday, because I am staying busy and I've been drinking all my water.

I haven't been weighing, measuring and tracking at all. I also have been making bad choices. I always struggle when I start to do good and then I justify a few splurge days. Then, I wind up right back where I started from. Grrr...... tomorrow, I'm going to start getting back on track for the millionth time.

I appreciate the challenge invites, they have been really motivating to stay busy.

Y'all have a great evening.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!
    I was up very early, couldn't sleep. This morning I noticed my cat Earl is licking and chewing at his front legs, and I found some scabby bits under the fur. This happened last year and it was some kind of allergic reaction, but I never knew what he was reacting to. So I'll be calling the vet as soon as they open. I still have the meds from last year, but I don't want to just go ahead and start medicating him. I'd really like to know the cause, even if it means a trip to the vet.
    It rained all day yesterday. I worked the whole day from 5:00am and then had an appointment in the evening after work, so by the time I got home I didn't feel much like exercising. So my only workout was my 10 minutes of strength training in the morning before I left for work.
    It's raining again this morning. I thought I was going to get a walk in once the sun came up, but by then it was raining so I've done my strength training, 2 loads of laundry and cleaned the bathroom. I hope the weather gets better; I'm falling behind in my steps.
    -Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @Brigit02 @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the losses!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Awww, the babies are growing and are so cute! That's great that all the babies will grow up with cousins their own age. I always wanted a cousin my age.

@Katmary71 LOL that sounds amazing to have all that garlic. I love garlic! The chicken was really flavorful but spicy, just a warning! It was a good meal. Oh gosh about the hose! I am growing my grays out, it looks awful now but hopefully someday it will look ok. Are the issues with the hands, were they expected to happen or is this something that you weren't expecting? Oh gosh, Kat, I'm so sorry you are having all these problems.

@shaunarlr83 Thank you for being part of this group, we've enjoyed having you! @broncobuddee

@DrewsAnna You haven't told us about your neighbor, I don't think. I don't know what is going on but having someone that close to you that is harrassing you can't be good. Hugs. I hope you hear back soon.

@micaroo4 I hope you can find out what is going on with Earl.

Hi all. Not much going on here. I hope you have a good day.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Morning slims!
    Just caught up on all the posts. I always feel good after reading everyones day. Pats on the back to all who made the letter board! And those grandkids wow what a cutie!

Today is going to be a hot one so I think it’s a stay in the AC day! Gonna enjoy my day off being lazy!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 An invite where? We’re Facebook friends so I’ll be keeping in touch with you, I’ll miss you here in the group! I’m glad you’re doing well.

@DrewsAnna That’s frustrating I hope you hear soon from the court. I’d imagine once you have that in affect it will help with anxiety and you’ll do better making good choices. I hope you’re not currently in any danger, thinking of you.

@micaroo4 I hope everything with Earl oes well and he’s feeling better soon. I love that you’re keeping up your strength training. Cleaning and laundry can be a workout, you got a lot done despite the rain.
    @trooworld Boy I say this all the time but I wish you lived close, not only would I be at your house for dinner all the time I’d bring you farm goodies! Oh no growing out the grays would be tough especially waiting for around the face to get longer. My SIL’s best friend grew her grays out and it’s model beautiful, I’m real jealous! The hands weren’t expected, I have Reynaud’s in the cold where the fingers turn white and numb but it’s more like hitting a funny bone in both arms now on and off. Guessing it’s the big herniation between my shoulder blades or something with the neck. Not unusual just new.

@tammymccrady6278 Day in the AC sounds wonderful!

@FushiaKat I’m curious are you finding rewards now for maintenance? I try to still do them every once and awhile but haven’t recently. I need to restock my fruit for the week, my last strawberries weren’t as sweet so may be time to move on. I usually wait until summer to eat them but you were getting good ones early last year and I gave it a shot and lucked out. Haha I picture you getting sassy when the scale was 4lbs lower like “yeah, that’s what I thought!”

Hi team! Not much to report, working on the garlic at the farm earlier and been home resting. Have a wild and wacky Wednesday!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Earl has seasonal allergies/asthma. Cats can get asthma! Who knew? Anyway, he's on an antibiotic for his skin, and on steroids for the allergies and asthma.

The rain ended around 9:00am. I got my steps in yesterday and then some; made up for part of what I missed because of the rain on Monday.
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Love the pictures. So cute! You must want to give them a million kisses.

@DrewsAnna Sorry about the neighbors. We have a nasty couple across the street who makes everyone on the block miserable. They think they own the street. Everyday I pray to God they'll move.

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss!

Worked in the garden today for two hours. My dahlias that I dug up from last year are coming up. I'll take pics and post when they're in full bloom. I have days were I go over my calories and days when I stay on track. Last time I was here I was so obsessive about getting the weight down. This time I'm just going with the flow. Doing my best and not beating myself up.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,578 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 Oh no will Earl have to stay on continuous medication now? Poor guy! I hope his skin clears up fast.

@Brigit02 Oh how exciting to have the dahlias coming up! I'd love to see them. My aunt grows a lot of them and they’re so beautiful, I’d like to grow them if I can figure out how in this heat. She had enough dahlias to cover her daughter's wedding about 5 years ago. Going with the flow sounds good!

Hi Slimpossibles! I slept in a bit then weighed myself and I’ve finally gone down, my goal was to get under 150 by September and I started at 155 at the end of last month, went up to 158, and am 151.5 today (mind you the first two are at the doctor’s office versus home). Still I’m happy to see a difference! Did my workout and work plus some grocery shopping and cleaning, tonight’s a bath and in bed to read. My marijuana tea ($30 worth) is all moldy so I’m learning to go without again, frustrating as the replacement for previous mold is more moldy tea, unfortunately her tea is the only one that helps and doesn’t hurt so I guess I’ll either have to experiment again or give it up. It just started happening after a few years but it’s so gross I don’t know if I’d trust her again now.

No Zero Days- healthy food with a lot of veggies, good workout, and good water
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna sorry to hear you have a nasty neighbour. Even worse the court is taking forever to help. I hear you on doing well then splurging. I’m very guilty too. Each day is a fresh start.

Not a lot new. Hoping to get to bed earlier as I’ve been pushing it lately and have been suffering for it. I always get headaches when I’m tired. Today, my neck and shoulders were so sore. I think I sat too long at work. Going to have to see the massage therapist again soon. So love those visits.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. Been a bit cooler here the last few days but a relief from the extended heat wave we were having. So much nicer for walks/runs!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 He has threatened to hit my husband several times, I don't know if he would do it, but the threat concerns me. This guy is 20 yrs younger than my husband.

@Brigit02 Thank you, I pray everyday this guy will move to. The owner of this house has finally come to town, but he hasn't done anything.

@sleepygirl79 Thank you.

Hi everyone,

So, I kept my splurging to a minimum yesterday. I wanted to get into all kinds of things, but I didn't want to track it, that helped me from going to crazy. However, I ate one healthy meal. Lol, that is the only thing I did right.

Today, I did a tad bit better, I didn't have any healthy meals, but I only had 2 meals and some grapes. I drank all my water and made my step goal pacing back and forth because of anxiety.

Tomorrow is weigh in, I hope the scale is kind.

Y,all have a great evening.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options

I'm sorry @broncobuddee. My mother passed away last week.
    I was in the hospital with her for almost a week and just not dealing well. I will try to pick this up again in August.
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @leonadixon I'm so sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength during this difficult time. Hope to see you back in August. <3
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Love ❤️ 😍 💖 the Dahlia❣️
This discussion has been closed.