Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    So, I had my family over for a BBQ on the weekend and there was A LOT of cookies, cake and chocolate left over. And, today was just one of those days when you look at a piece of bakery cake and some Godiva chocolate and think: "there are way worse things in this world than a housewife eating sugar"

(I will be better tomorrow. There isn't any more cake and I'm packing the rest of the chocolate in my husband's lunchbox.)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @mareeya88 Are you starting over today? Just look forward (unless you’re learning from it don’t beat yourself up), you got this!

@DrewsAnna Yum that sounds amazing, I’ll look for the fruity ones to try then. Great choice today with the quesadilla and logging today!

@Brigit02 It’s funny weigh-ins after eating something like that feel like a “get outta jail free card” don’t they! Enjoying food isn’t bad and yeah Godiva would be hard to resist!

@trooworld I’m not getting a lot of sleep right now which makes the pain worse plus it’s spreading while I wait for the snail to get from my doctor’s office with my referral to the neurosurgeon. Today’s cooler is 103, can’t tell it’s not 109 like yesterday. I hope it’s better there! Thanks for asking re the pain. I really miss my tea helping.

@megnolia82 Have a great time at camp!

@DJill68 shoot you have me quoting Eminem “Snap back to reality up there goes gravity”. I’ll have to listen that tomorrow to get it out of my head. It’s great how if we really do get back to it fast it’s not as bad as it seems and tends to come off pretty quick.

Hi team, had a tough night last night and didn’t get to sleep until about 3. I worked out then ran errands and met my friend and her mom for ice cream. Not much up, it’s super hot and I’m tired and grumpy. Have a great Tuesday team.

No Zero Days- good workout though I limited myself on weights to keep my arm from going out, food was over for ice cream with a friend, water was good.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @Brigit02 Today's a new day. You've got this.

@Katmary71 Lack of sleep makes everything worse. Oh man, that's too hot. It's not really better here but it should be soon, I hope. I hope the referral comes through soon. <3

Hi all. Good morning. I had a good day yesterday, I drank enough water, I didn't snack or go to the cafe at work. I went for a walk on my break. It's still pretty hot here but not as hot as where @Katmary71 lives or some of you other folks.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    OMG, I can deal with 90s but anything over 100 is too dang HOT 🔥 🥵 Downright dangerous! Stay hydrated, stay cool!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 thanks! I don't even listen to Eminem and now I've got that song in my head.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld It does, honestly I never hear any females from perimenopause on that has good sleep, if we could find something to help it all of us we could take over the world! It’s both pain and I’m assuming hormonal stuff for me. How did the sandwiches turn out, did you try one yet? I know water, not snacking, and not eating at the café have been challenging areas so you did awesome today!

@19shmoo69 Haha I’ve reached pesky sister status in this group!
    Hi friends! Usually Tuesday, I did a light upper body workout (having a lot of right shoulder down arm stuff so I went REAL light to not flare it up) and stretched then went to the farm. We’re turning into master garlic braiders! I taught 5 people how to do it but we still have a couple more days. I like finishing tasks but can’t go too often so all the garlic everywhere is nerve-wracking. It IS nice being in the shade during this heat wave though. Back on track with food today too. Have an awesome Wednesday!

No Zero Days- decent workout plus farm, healthy food under calories, decent water.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 26 of 52

PW: 135.6
    CW: 137.4

Still in healthy BMI range. Had 3 month checkup today all is OK> got blood work done today.

@FushiaKat I’m curious are you finding rewards now for maintenance? I try to still do them every once and awhile but haven’t recently. I need to restock my fruit for the week, my last strawberries weren’t as sweet so may be time to move on. I usually wait until summer to eat them but you were getting good ones early last year and I gave it a shot and lucked out. Haha I picture you getting sassy when the scale was 4lbs lower like “yeah, that’s what I thought!”

The strawberries this year have not been very sweet, but I pair them with pineapple, and it evens out the sweetness.

I reward myself by
    • Buying a new Blouse on Amazon, being a perfect size medium is now easy to shop for.
    • I buy a book.
    • I download a new book to read from Kindle Unlimited.
    • I buy new makeup.
    • I take a long relaxing bath with bubbles and a bath bomb.
    • I buy a new game membership.
    • I window shop, to find new things to buy later.

It does not have to be all or nothing, I eat smaller slices of cake slower if I can't resist and I'm happy with that. It's important to stop and taste my food. I find that I eat slower now.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Yes! I don't understand, since we all know how vital sleep is, how they haven't come up with a solution to the periomenopause/menopause problems with sleep. My doctor has basically washed her hands of it, kind of like, "Well, you tried my stupid suggestions, you are on your own now." lol The sandwiches turned out well. I baked the scrambled eggs in this pan I have that has shallow round cups that are about 3 inches wide each that are perfect for a breakfast sandwich. I haven't been to the cafe yet this week, which is really good for me! Thank you. That must be so cool having all the garlic in braids everywhere.

Hi all. I was able to get a last-minute doctor's appt for today for my knee. I hope she can figure something out. I've got a convention to go to on Friday and Saturday and I don't want to be miserable instead of having fun.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi All

Just a quick check in.

Congratulations to everyone losing and those who made the leaderboard.

I’m quiet these days. I’m not tracking, but I am moving. Getting my 10k daily. Having low carbs but more than previous months. Definitely starting my days with high protein foods. Haven’t had time to workout but getting exercise minutes from my walks uphill.

I’m so happy to be busy outside but it doesn’t leave time for catching up. It’s 2 am here and I am off to sleep.

Have a great day
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @FushiaKat That’s great advice on eating slower. I like your rewards! My next one may be a pair of dragon earrings, I want a couple practical things but that's not too expensive (and I love dragons).

@trooworld You’re doing awesome avoiding the café! I hope your appointment went well for your knee, definitely want you going to that convention having a blast.

@AmbersWay It sounds like you’re still doing really good while there, keep up the great work!

Slow couple days here, I hope all of you are doing well! Nothing exciting to report here, I picked up a donation at the nursery I love for a charity event and came home with some plants I’ll get in tomorrow, not the greatest planting time but we’re going back up again so it’s the best time for a few days. Back on track after ice cream the other day, been doing good with eating lately thank goodness. Have an awesome Thursday!

No Zero Days- chair cardio/legs/abs, stretching, watering the yard. Healthy food under calories and decent water, I’ll drink a lot more before bed.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Wow, it is super quiet here.

@FushiaKat - you are doing so well, I admire you. Love your rewards!

@trooworld @Katmary71 - my "mature lady" insomnia has not acted up in awhile, but guess who showed up this week?! Not fun.

@trooworld - good work on the bfast sandwiches and I hope your knee feels better so you can enjoy your convention.

@AmbersWay - sounds like you are enjoying your time away!

@Katmary71 - How's your pain doing? Is all the garlic braided?

I did a "gut check" week. Carefully observing for ways I am not being honest with myself with working my plan. Found a few things to fix.

Lisa
  • Brigit02
    Brigit02 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @trooworld You have to go to the convention! I'm dying to see pictures. Are you dressing up?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you! More on the knee below. Great job with your no zero days!

@Cornanda Yes, it is! Well, I'm glad you are getting better sleep. TOM? Thank you, I hope so too! I love the way you analyze your journey, you are so good at it.

@Brigit02 I will definitely post some pics on Sunday. No, I do not dress up, unfortunately. Why? 1) I can never think of anything to dress up as lol 2) my weight, I don't want to bring attention to myself. But...I do have a blast! I hope my knee doesn't interfere this year.

Hi all. My doctor's appt went well. We are still awaiting the x-ray results but she did say I have patellofemeral syndrome, my quads are weak and my weight is not helping. She gave me a serious talk about my weight. She wants me to eat 5-6 small meals a day. She wants me to stop walking and do these knee rehab exercises on YouTube. Dr. Husband says 5-6 small meals are not realistic for me, that I need to make small changes. I kind of agree with Dr. Husband. He also said I need to eat more protein even though I don't like meat. He said I can start by cutting out the creamer in my morning coffee, that I never gave fasting a fair try. I did but he's not listening. So, to stop him from lecturing me, I will cut out the creamer in my coffee and eat more protein.

• tfelts147
    tfelts147 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Username: tfelts147
    Checkin day: Thursday
    PW: 213
    CW: 213.6

+0.6

I've been very lax in my tracking and fasting...I need to do better!

Trying to reach my goal of 200 by Sept.2 for our cruise!!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- I didn't say that well- the insomnia came back this week. That sucks about your knee and your doctor and husband lecturing you. Maybe you can find a little quiet time to yourself to reflect and decide how YOU want to handle this? My husband has been on my case lately and while I appreciate that it comes from a place of caring, AND I need some extra accountability, I don't enjoy the conversations. I guess I'm not supposed to.

@tfelts147 - You got this! Get back to work and focus on your goal and that cruise every day.

@19shmoo69 - Where do you find these things? That cracked me up.

OK, decent week- some of the gains came off. Found a few more things to work on. Awareness is my friend! Now to behave over the weekend!

Also, I would just like to say that while I love my children very much, it is challenging to live with two young adults in my home. You never know what mood is on the horizon.

Lisa

• trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 235.0
    CW: 234.2

-0.8 lbs
This discussion has been closed.