WaistAways Team Chat - JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    ….. My hip has been hurting for a year! I thought it might be my new bed because it’s REALLY bad at night and wakes me up. That doesn’t help either. I am awake almost every hour of the night. It’s also real bad when I go from sitting to trying to walk. It takes a bit before it moves without trouble. I think it’s more inflammatory and muscle related rather than actual hip joint….

Sounds so familiar! You know, all it took was a trip to the doctor and some X-rays for me to find out it was my hips. And then I got replacements and it was the best thing I ever did! I suffered the same as you for far too many years. An additional 20 years have been added to my life barring annything unexpected health wise. You deserve to feel better and find out how you can be helped!!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    is it Monday? My weekend was fun for the wedding in Chicago but very exhausting. I am also about to enter the lovely TOM and woke up with a slightly piercing headache around my temples that remained on and off for the day. But, I did dance cardio for a sweaty 40 min with my friend which felt great and now I'm having a rather late dinner.

thank you all for the feedback on the health/medication front!

@PlaneMonkey in particular, your post was SO GREAT and helpful for my mental state. I really appreciate it and will probably have some questions for you so watch the DMs haha. thank you, thank you.

@lauren_989 what is body pump? you are killing it with movement and steps!

@micki48 I hear you. And we're here for you! From my position, it's no fun being backed into a corner with health issues. ride the wave of determination with me if you like! :)
  • DianaGetsFit512
    DianaGetsFit512 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi @jugar
    Is there anyway I can rejoin the challenge for august? If there is no space here I can go to another group.. whatever is easiest for you.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,098 Member
    Options
    Hi @jugar
    Is there anyway I can rejoin the challenge for august? If there is no space here I can go to another group.. whatever is easiest for you.

You certainly can! You'll be more than welcome. Just post your preferred weigh-in day, this week's weight, and you'll be all set for August. It is great to hear from you :smiley:
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @jugar Liselyn, the first time in weeks I posted on time and you missed me? 😂
    I posted early on Sunday morning, feeling so proud that I didn't forget my weigh in and so embarrassed explaining my gain and you missed me? 😂 Lol serves me right haha 😁

CW 297.7lbs 😥

Have a lovely day everyone ❤️
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    PW: 213.2
    CW: 212.4

Wow...this is the first month ever in I don't know how many years, I had a green month!! Now to keep up this momentum!

@jugar next week I will need to weigh in on Wednesday since I'm going out of town.
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Montrose is about 2.5 hours away or 135 miles on very slow, windy, beautiful mountain roads.

Today is my weigh in and if it was yesterday, I would have gained. However, I must have dropped the bloat and water weight I had from the weekend because I ended up slightly in the green.

PW: 182.0
    CW: 181.4
  • jugar
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @jugar Liselyn, the first time in weeks I posted on time and you missed me? 😂
    I posted early on Sunday morning, feeling so proud that I didn't forget my weigh in and so embarrassed explaining my gain and you missed me? 😂 Lol serves me right haha 😁

CW 297.7lbs 😥

Have a lovely day everyone ❤️
    How did I miss it? But I have to say, it cannot be correct. I am 100% certain you did not put on 71 pounds in one week! Last week you were at 226 pounds. I'm sure it was not that bad!! I assume you meant 227.7 :smiley:
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    Wow...this is the first month ever in I don't know how many years, I had a green month!! Now to keep up this momentum!

@jugar next week I will need to weigh in on Wednesday since I'm going out of town.
    Wednesday it is - and congratulations on the green month! That is such a fantastic accomplishment. Strut that consistency stuff! :mrgreen:

• jugar
    Options
    Quick update - only 1 weigh-in due from @MoonlitMuse - thanks!
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would like to weigh in on Wednesdays

My CW is 178
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's ...You have a new member joining your amazing team for August ... Please welcome @michellebarry74 :)
  • jugar
    Options
    Welcome @michellebarry74 ! We are glad to have you on our team, and hope that it will provide you with the support, encouragement, and occasional laughs that we all need.

Tell us about yourself - where you are, your hopes and goals - and, of course, your questions if you have any. You'll gradually get to know the rest of us, and soon when the new August chat thread starts, everyone re-introduces themselves so we get all caught up with the old and the new members. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Logged all my food. Still over but logged. Met my step goal. Falling asleep here tonight. More tomorrow 😴
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Logged all my food. Still over but logged. Met my step goal. Falling asleep here tonight. More tomorrow 😴

So many good things! Sleep tight.
  • jugar
    Options
    I found an interesting way to burn calories today - I got dumped off my horse as we were heading out for a relaxing (hahaha) trail ride (no worries, it was a very gentle fall, and no drama), then led him (speedwalking!) right back to the big outdoor ring for a powerful workout. It seems he needed to get a few yayas out, sweat a bit, and remember that we were a team! Then we did indeed take a nice relaxing trail ride.

Food has not been as positive, though. I made a good discovery in a bad way. My absolute favourite cookies from the best little bakery around are no longer the same. They changed the recipe, and not in a good way. Although I am happy that I don't really like them anymore, I did eat 2 of them to figure that out... At least I have plenty of good veggies from the garden to make up for it! Bring on the rapini...

I hope everyone has had a day of good things. Here is the line-up for Thursday weigh-ins:
    @ashleycarole86
    @39flavours
    @DD265
    @conleywoods

Overdue:
    @MoonlitMuse

Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Hi WA's...You have another new member joining your team ... Please welcome @Antonia2050 :)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @jugar weigh in stayed the same this week
This discussion has been closed.