Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Today was a chicken and cheese quesadilla and a side of chips and then two scoops of chocolate chip icecream. And I'm good. I have no idea what I'm going to have tomorrow; probably do some cleaning out of what I had put up for lunches, since I'm eating lunch less frequently these days.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,634 Member
    Options
    Encountered one of PAVs more recent concerns yesterday. Hit night time…should have been thinking of going to bedtime… And still got caught up with that jar of green soup in the fridge. The last one of last weeks batch.

Did not need that soup - which which is always accompanied with one slice of toasted black forest Ryebread and feta cheese.

Of course I felt compelled to eat it because that’s my standard meal.

But I had already had my calorie quota for the day.

I am concerned with nutrition these days I love stage almost all of my food it’s about nutrition I got to relax a bit on the days where I slip up on the nutrition front and keep the calories in mind rather than trying to add nutrition gravy to an already calorie full day.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,649 Member
    Options
    Well... at least you had the nutritious meal excuse! though I don't know about the whole bit with feta cheese and rye... the last two sound more than simple green veggies--had you said green bread and blue-green-cheese... but then your tummy might complain for sticking with the color theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way over did it yesterday with my "partner" whom I hadn't seen for a few days :)

So far today I've been hitting the bunnies (570g of green/yellow beans and carrots), and ~300Cal of butter chicken w/rice frozen dinner (took out some of the rice and replaced it with the bunnies).

We shall see how things continue!
  • scoutmom1981
    scoutmom1981 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Tonight was grilled pepper Jack stuffed chicken breast with roasted potatoes and green beans.

Much less calories than I thought it would be and fit very nicely into my counter. Aldi for the win.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    A person cannot survive and simple green veggies, PAV 😊 No matter how hard they try 😝

aw6tqj5xg1fv.jpeg

This goes so well with the soup - and a sprinkling of salty feta !!!! Mmmmmmm
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Really thinking I am going to go back to the basics with my meals. Just keep is simple with a protein, carb, and veggies. It could be a stir fry, my hibachi bowls, or a chicken breast with a side of pasta roni and roasted veggies. I still just don't have the energy or WANT to cook very often but I need to start feeding myself better.

I am also dealing with a lot of issues where something I used to love I suddenly just can't do. Like Sunday I made a taco salad but the lettuce tasted too "strong". So last night and tonight I am just making a bowl of taco fillings with no lettuce and eating it with a handful of chips. Not as healthy, though I do still have avocado and fresh pico in it for a bit of veg, but at least I will eat it.

Wednesday I am doing a frozen Trader Joe's bag of Cacio e Pepe with some broccoli and garlic bread.

Friday I am making my Hibachi bowls with chicken, frozen asian veggies, zucchini, and mushrooms over rice.
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2023
    Options
    They bowls sound awesome! I hope they turn out good! 😎
    Options
    Tonight was either beef with broccoli and rice (For them who can eat it) or pepper steak and rice. They had egg rolls, I had none. Then I had some chocolate and I was done for the day.

People say IF will cure IBS. That'd be nice. I miss eating egg rolls and Himmel un Erde like my grandma made (cabbage, onions, apples, and sausage all fried up together).
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like a couple of fine suppers, Alexandra. I hope you will be enjoying egg rolls and Himmel Un Erde soon.

My supper tonight was green soup! :) and feta. No pumpernickel because I had that earlier in the day with almond butter. Strange combination but strangely compelling :)

Tracked every morsel today. Came in at 1840. Not bad. Problem was an entry error that I didn't notice until the end of the day. Could have hit 1800 - thought I had - then noticed an error that corrected brought me up to 1840. This should be doable. Moderate weight loss?????????????????????????? First time ever if I accomplish it.
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Tonight we're supposed to have Chicken Tikka, and I was going to do some onion fritters and samosas, if I want to go to the trouble. On the one hand, making pastry, making fillings, shaping....eh, it's a lot of work. On the other hand, samosas.

The chicken's frozen in the marinade, so I just have to thaw it and grill it later.
  • Athijade
    Options
    Mmmm beef with broccoli and pepper steak are 2 of my favorites. I may have to make one of them soon.

I made spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread last night. I was tired and some of my chronic health stuff started to flare up so wanted stupid simple. There were 2 packs of sauce in the freezer, 1 with ground beef and 1 without. So I mixed those together, made the pasta, and heated up the garlic bread in the oven. Now, there was a lack of veggies obviously, but last night was about comfort more then anything. I may steam some broccoli to have with the leftovers today.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hope today is smoother for you, Athijade.
    Amazing how differently foods work for each of us ... that dinner for me seems so far away from simple and would trigger so many things. Cravings for sure - but also lots of inflammation. And some friends cannot even look at me anymore when I mention soup ... :D
  • PAV8888
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Soup?!?!? Verde? :lol:

Simplez today... is simplez :wink: Bag of riced "veggies" (cauli mainly, green giant was on sale cheaper than no name and this was a 350g bag--they have stealth smaller ones around and even this one is officially 340 sneaky so and so's). Bag of konjac STICKY rice (has *some* calories). And the cold cut remainders cut up in there... all nuking happily! Will see about sauces and what have you'ze when it comes time to eating it all...

I'm such a spoil-sport when you guys are making awesome stuff!!! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    lol....you do your share of awesome making, PAV.

Already had my soup today...tonight is some field greens and ??? hummus???

Still tracking ! Day number two. Not so bad :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Hmm..... added 200g of yellow and green beans that were sitting there. And 305g of "on their way out better use now" baby tomatoes (sliced in two with the same scissors that we used on the cold cuts and the beans--mom knew something when using scissors to cut in place!)... and, of course... everything is solved with 51g of sriracha! All of it still nuked in a giant glasslock without the lock! And, this goes back to my pre-teen years... I've always liked eating rice with copious amounts of yogurt. don't actually know many people who do. But I LOVE it. So like I'm currently wallowing in my glasslock.... and will have 60% left for dinner too! :blush: And like one container, one spool and one pair of scissors, this is AWESOME! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    See? AWESOME stuff!
    Options
    I made samosas, and chicken tikka, and saag, and rice, and naan. And raita, of course. And it was tasty. But this was also my one meal today, so I can afford the calories.
    It's honestly hot enough that I'm not really inclined to eat...just sort of zone out and read on the couch and drink lots of ice water.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You seem to have more food items in your food item than I do! 😂 I only have one! Plus maybe cough, cough, some candy like items to make up the rest of the calories 😳😱🤷‍♂️🤐
    Options
    Tonight they are having taquitos, which, having been made and frozen ahead of the heat wave here, just require warming up. I may have a taco salad or I may have one of the frozen lunches I put out in the freezer. We'll see what appeals around dinner time. I'm not quite ready to do a full "I'm not eating till tomorrow" sort of fast mentally, but if nothing sounds good at dinner but iced tea and water, I'll roll with it.

• Athijade
    Options
    The plan for tonight is hibachi bowls! One of my favorites. This one is going to be veggie heavy which I am looking forward to. Chicken, some Asian veggie mix, mushrooms, zucchini, and onions all over rice. Using some teriyaki sauce and then a drizzle of Yum Yum sauce.

The best part is that it does not require an oven because it is hot as heck here today and air flow in my apartment stinks so my kitchen gets very stuffy and hot.

I did get my Donut Friday treat and my tea this morning.