Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,605 Member
    Options
    At least chocolate melts and is not an option. Unfortunately things that rhyme with dream and cream are not on ice when it comes to hot climes 🙊🙉🙀
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Cereal and yogurt again today cause ya know 🥵🔥. Hubby defrosted and nuked some veggies and meatloaf at lunch - salad too. So all was not lost nutritionally. But there was half an unnecessary granola bar, a few gummies, stray chips. Ugh.

There is no good reason to break good habits just because I hate being locked in air conditioned spaces. Seasonal claustrophobia! It makes me anxious and that leads to stress eating.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Weather extremes suck
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Today was tuna salad with low fat mayo, celery etc. and some jalapeño cheddar Goldfish crackers. Threw in some lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
    Maybe work on some popcorn later?
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Goldfish 😂 they make a pretzel (inside voice: and a vanilla) one too! 🤣
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2022
    Options
    And a S’Mores flavor too. 👅. The jalapeño cheddar ones are the larger -megafish - and nicely spicy.
    I open the bag and portion out servings in small containers or in baggies. Saves me from reaching in mindlessly and snarfing down too many.

Goldfish also had a Franks Hot Sauce flavor which was really good but was temporary.

I suddenly realize I know WAAAAY too much about this kiddie snack.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Who the kiddie? You kidding me, right?! Suffice it to say that I DISCOVERED goldfish ONLY AFTER I joined MFPeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :lol:
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,615 Member
    Options
    ttajwxy3ihnw.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2022
    Options
    aqvi9kjb7bg2.jpeg
    Don’t get me started on Atomic Fireballs! 20 cal per. Impossibly hot and long lasting- curbs most urges to eat anything afterward. The bane of my dentist’s existence.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    lsihon0kfdj2.jpg
    8mlsebmeaa57.jpg
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Unlike you crazy kids. I'm going to have something grown up for supper!

I don't know what yet - my long time friend who moved to BC (!) a bunch of years ago is coming for few weeks - I get her first :) she'll stay at my place until Sunday - tonight is our first meal together in a three !? years - it will be something quick and easy because both of us slept very little last night ... but ... it will be GROWN UP :)

(sure it will)

:D
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hubby prepared a “normal” meal today so I wasn’t forced to resort to cereal and yogurt again. It was 103F again today but the meal required only minimal stove top prep. Rotisserie chicken (thank you Costco), zucchini with stewed tomatoes, microwaved sweet potato and green salad.
    It was a real grown up meal!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    zucchini with stewed tomatoes sounds so good!
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I THINK I need new GLASSES (not gasses google, GLASSES). Why, you ask? Because my first thought on the meaT requiring only minimal stove top prep was... well if it STARTED at 103F it wouldn't need much to become medium rare! And then I was wandering where the cooked chicken entered the picture..... but eventually I think I figured it out!!!! :pensive:
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Yup, precooked rotisserie chicken. The 103F is outdoors with lots of humidity. Try as it might even the supercharged AC can only do so much.
    Same 100+ for the next ten days or so. 🔥🔥🔥
    1aheu50c533k.jpeg
    Then a cool down to the mid 90s. I see more cereal and yogurt dinners in my future.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Can't imagine, Yooly. Hope you manage to keep cool
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Cold chicken leg, a few cherry tomatoes, and a carrot. Used a balsamic glaze on the chicken. Oh - and some 🍦. All within daily calories so 👍.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Am trying a hard candy in the evenings when I want to nosh, listen to music, and read, because my feet hurt too much to work any more. One of them's about 25 calories, but hard candy, so I'm not going to eat handfuls at a time.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    hmmm.... I need atomic fireballs!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    hmmm.... I need atomic fireballs!!!!

You do indeed! Half an hour of hot cinnamon and your tastes buds are dead. 👅